GUILTY OR - Anisa Swearingen, 18, Portland, 12 July 2012

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1138975&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Endangered Runaway
ANISA SWEARINGEN
DOB: Oct 30, 1993
Missing: Dec 11, 2009
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Biracial
Age Now: 16
Sex: Female
Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
LA PINE
OR
United States
Anisa was last seen on December 11, 2009. She is biracial. Anisa is American Indian and White.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deschutes County Juvenile Department (Oregon) 1-541-693-6911

NCMC1138975c1.jpg

--- On Mon, 3/8/10, posters@ncmec.org <posters@ncmec.org> wrote:

Subject: Missing Child Poster Partner Recovery
To: <redacted>
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 3:16 PM

Anisa Swearingen missing from La Pine, OR, has been recovered. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster. Your participation in this program has made a valuable contribution to this recovery.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Visit our web site at www.missingkids.com.

I think this is the same girl as the one that went missing a few years ago who was possibly a runaway. This time unfortunately she was found deceased in a storage unit. Which is almost a sure sign of homicide.

Portland woman's body found in storage unit in Gresham

Gresham and Portland Police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old Portland woman whose body was found in a storage unit in Gresham.

The woman, identified by an autopsy as Anisa Marie Swearingen, had been reported missing last Wednesday.
The decomposed body was discovered last Saturday after the manager of the Money Saver Mini Storage at 19215 NE Halsey opened a storage unit that was emitting a foul odor, police said.

The cause of death is under investigation.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/07/portland_womans_body_found_in.html

I think this is the same girl as the one that went missing a few years ago who was possibly a runaway. This time unfortunately she was found deceased in a storage unit. Which is almost a sure sign of homicide.

How sad.
R.I.P.
Storage units should be inspected every 6 months even if you pay on the unit.
Friends of mine have this and I think it is a great idea.
I fear many murdered people are stored in these mini storage units.

Most of these storage unit places have pretty good security. . .cameras at least. I think they would be able to tell who came and went to that unit. Who holds the contract on that unit? It doesn't seem that it would be too difficult to figure out.

Most of these storage unit places have pretty good security. . .cameras at least. I think they would be able to tell who came and went to that unit. Who holds the contract on that unit? It doesn't seem that it would be too difficult to figure out.

My parent's storage unit business does not have cameras, fences, etc nor do my parents live on or near the property. Either my dad or his business partner is on the property at least once a day so if something did begin to smell, they'd know and would cut the lock off to investigate.

This is sad. You can see a pretty quick decline based on mugshots here http://convicted.me/inmates/swearingen

And who knows if the other Swearingens are related(popular name in OR?) but quite sad.

Hope they find out what happened to the girl

Man accused of murdering woman found dead in Portland storage unit

[snip]

Gresham police say 56-year-old Ron Alexander Marcus of Portland rented the storage unit where Anisa Marie Swearingen&#8217;s body was found. He was taken into custody Thursday morning in North Portland.

His arrest comes after her death was ruled a homicide Wednesday. The exact cause of death was not disclosed.

More: http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...man-found-dead-in/aXvcDruDpUCfk0SoYZC1vw.cspx

Thank God some people are not to bright.

How stupid do you have to be to put a dead body in a storage unit you hold the contract on?

JMO

Thank God some people are not to bright.

How stupid do you have to be to put a dead body in a storage unit you hold the contract on?

JMO

Yeah, that was my thinking above. It's likely that the only person with access to that unit would be the person that holds the contract. .. and that wouldn't be difficult to figure out. . .duh.

I just wasn't sure that it was a homicide at the time. I was thinking maybe OD. Regardless, I'm glad they found her and hopefully there will be some justice.

From February 2014:

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2014/02/man_who_left_18-year-olds_body.html

Investigators say the 57-year-old never told police exactly how he killed 18-year-old Anisa Swearingen before stuffing her body into a large plastic container and leaving it in a Gresham storage locker. Marcus refused to say anything, even when a Multnomah County Circuit judge Friday gave him another chance to speak before handing down a 17-year prison sentence...

Two weeks earlier, Marcus pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter...

State medical examiner Dr. Karen Gunson determined Swearingen died of homicidal violence, but Gunson wasn&#8217;t able to determine the exact method used. She ruled out a gunshot, a stabbing, a drug overdose and other causes of death. Gunson suspected that Swearingen was strangled to death with a cloth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back