Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning biased guesses into facts: Adler, I beg you, don't write "evidence, SG didn't slip out of her skinny jeans" in a list of facts. It doesn't make it look as if such evidence exists, which it doesn't. I mean, the only thing, we actually know is, she slipped earlier on her own INTO that jeans. So she had also the ability to slip out herself, which is by the way a lot easier than to get a girl out of them if she doesn't want.

Peter - Ask any woman/girl about skinny jeans! These jeans are made with spandex for an even tighter fit and are, literally, your "second skin". If these jeans are wet, it is not possible to get them off without doing extensive aerobics while sitting on the ground!

SG was terrified and running frantically for her life during early dawn, in a wet marsh, with bushes/brambes /etc. all around, not knowing where she was and in wet skinny jeans and high boots. I don't believe she stopped running (or was able to balance herself) and undressed - shirt while running, maybe? - wet skinny jeans, not possible in her situation and state of mind.
IMO

Turning biased guesses into facts: Adler, I beg you, don't write "evidence, SG didn't slip out of her skinny jeans" in a list of facts. It doesn't make it look as if such evidence exists, which it doesn't. I mean, the only thing, we actually know is, she slipped earlier on her own INTO that jeans. So she had also the ability to slip out herself, which is by the way a lot easier than to get a girl out of them if she doesn't want.

Peter - Ask any woman/girl about skinny jeans! These jeans are made with spandex for an even tighter fit and are, literally, your "second skin". If these jeans are wet, it is not possible to get them off without doing extensive aerobics while on the ground for several hours!

SG was terrified and running frantically for her life during early dawn, in a wet marsh, with bushes/brambes /etc. all around, not knowing where she was and in wet skinny jeans and high boots. I don't believe she stopped and undressed - shirt, maybe? - wet skinny jeans, not possible in her situation and state of mind.
IMO

Well, of course, I can't justice your experience in that certain field, but I found, all girls with skinny jeans were damn hard to get out of those, even when they helped. But when they did on their own, it didn't look that hard. And as an example, what effort people in hypothermia can put in their undressing, look at Mount Everest expeditions. People there have been undressing like five layers of clothing, oxygen tanks, all the climbing gear in waist high snow.

Maybe when dry - but WET skinny jeans is another story.

Oh my, what has the world come to????
Seriously, I recommend you some exercises from my long gone youth. Like having a beach party with girls and some beer at a lake. Trust me, it is possible to get them out of their skinny jeans in about 5 minutes, when the jeans are wet. If the do it themselves, in two to three minutes. For sure, it doesn't take hours. Well, it never took me hours to get my wife out of her jeans ... maybe you can convince your wife or girl friend to some exercise sessions?

I was posting from a woman's point of view and experience!

Well, all the girls, I got out of their jeans in my life were females, I can assure you of that ... so, lets change my suggestion and do the exercise rounds with your boyfriend then.
I have not this bad picture of SG, a prostitute, who needs hours to get out of her jeans to do business. Now, that would really make some johns wanting to kill her, would it?

Hi Maddalenasgirl, You said "Shannan was missing her hyoid bone upon discovery of her remains". I've never heard that - maybe missed it. But how could that be true if LE says her death was an accident? Do you have a link?

To the best of my memory, Flukeyou said that her hyoid was missing. However Peter said that it can be stolen by critters. Will have to ask my Anthropologist friend bout that because I don't know enough about that sort of thing. If killer keeps the remains and "watches them rot" like he told MB's little sister he might have taken the hyoid bone. If not, looks like there could be reasonable doubt-how convenient.

Any clothing is hard to get out of wet. But skinny jeans with spandex????

One of the ladies here who wears skinny jeans needs to do a little test for us and let us know the results.

I personally passed the skinny jeans age before skinny jeans came out so I'm not a good candidate for it. LOL

To the best of my memory, Flukeyou said that her hyoid was missing. However Peter said that it can be stolen by critters. Will have to ask my Anthropologist friend bout that because I don't know enough about that sort of thing. If killer keeps the remains and "watches them rot" like he told MB's little sister he might have taken the hyoid bone. If not, looks like there could be reasonable doubt-how convenient.

I can't find Scandi's original mail, so I dock on here. Yes, the hyoid bone and if I remember right, also a finger bone was missing. Both are small bones, but finger bones hang on often longer with skeletal remains if no bigger animals are around because they are connected by relative short and strong tendons to other bones while the hyoid bone hangs free. It's not really unusual to find the hyoid missing in skeletal remains in the open when little animals are around.
And, Maddalenasgirl, when you ask your anthropologist, please include in the question also the timeline, the area, the water conditions (as in sometimes wet, sometimes not so wet) and the local fauna in your question. Otherwise you could maybe cause some wrong impression, the anthropologist would base his/her judgement on.
And on another side note, four bones, I would have expected missing are still there or at least not reported missing. Two inci and two stapels. Those are small bones in the inner ear. I am not sure whether I spelled them correct in English, but well, you could look them up. Those normally when decomposition is progressed enough, fall into the skull. The tricky thing is, if you later move the skull, they also fall out as easily. If the SCPD really has them, it would prove, that nobody moved the skull unless it was maybe a little turn in situ or something, but for sure no transport.

not hard to get out of wet skinny jeans...just impossible to put back on.

In the initial news coverage...don't know if it was Pak, himself or just mis-reporting, but it was insinuated that Pak was waiting outside the gate, fell asleep, played on-line poker, and Brewer came out to get him.

Later, all that morphed to Pak was sitting in his SUV just outside of Brewer's driveway.

That's exactly how I recall the initial msm reports, JustK...Pak waited at the gate, not in Brewer's driveway.

That's exactly how I recall the initial msm reports, JustK...Pak waited at the gate, not in Brewer's driveway.

That's what I initially remember too. But reporters who interviewed pak extensively told me directly that he was waiting outside the house. Residents of OB also tell me that he was let in and waiting outside the house. Apparently initial reporting wasn't superb.

How utterly simple yet it is just now occurring to me:
Perhaps it was both! Pak initially sat at the gate and then shortly after SG got to Brewers they took that 15 ride around the community and in the process let Pak in to sit in Brewer's driveway.

Thanks; to make the CVS story even dicier, that West Babylon location closes at 10 PM - as does every other CVS in the area. Or, at least, they currently all close at 10 PM.

To dice it up a bit more the CVS in question is in West Islip and its open 24 hours. =)

That's what I initially remember too. But reporters who interviewed pak extensively told me directly that he was waiting outside the house. Residents of OB also tell me that he was let in and waiting outside the house. Apparently initial reporting wasn't superb.

Pak said that, too. In one of his interviews he recounts how dark the Fairway was as he followed Brewer's car from the gate to the house, and how Shannan got out of his car at the house while Pak stayed in his car right outside the house and waited.

I guess even though the walk from the house to the gate would be less than a five-minute walk for JB, he, like other OB residents, prefer to drive very short distances in the middle of the night.

Okay, I took a week off. Now I see some interesting posts, for example about this 15 minute trip, I see the regurgitating of old subjects, for example the "stolen" hyoid bone and of course, openly turning biased suspicions into facts.

So, where to start? Hyoid bone? Maddalenasgirl: The hyoid bone is one of the rare bones, not directly connected to other bones. There are two more, but they are inside the head and therefore often fall inside the skull when decomposition progresses. However, the hyoid bone lies open and therefore is often missing on unwrapped skeletal remains. So it's nothing unusual in fact. But those bones are not "stolen" to cover up something, they are just carried away by little animals.
Put the thing for a moment under a logic test: There is a dead body before decomposition. Means, there is tissue around and the hyoid bone is still connected by tendons. No way, someone would get it out without cutting and that is not that easy, especially without leaving tool marks. Tool marks from a removal would be pretty obvious, and nobody, also not SCPD would label the case an accident anymore. Thus, the time, when the hyoid bone disappeared, had to be AFTER decomposition progressed far enough, means, when the tendon connections were gone. So unless, you want to relive the theory, the killer kept SG in his basement and waited for her decomposition, the idea of stealing said bone right after death to "cover-up" a murder is off the table.

Next one? Turning biased guesses into facts: Adler, I beg you, don't write "evidence, SG didn't slip out of her skinny jeans" in a list of facts. It doesn't make it look as if such evidence exists, which it doesn't. I mean, the only thing, we actually know is, she slipped earlier on her own INTO that jeans. So she had also the ability to slip out herself, which is by the way a lot easier than to get a girl out of them if she doesn't want.
On a side note: Keep in mind, paradoxical undressing occurs even without additional drug influence in about 1/3 to 1/2 of all hypothermia cases. Add drugs and you end up ignoring the statistically more likely solution. So in the end, all we know (temperature mostly, the area wet, even not entirely flooded), points rather out, she probably did slip out of her clothes herself.

The 15 minute gap? I think, 15 minutes can bring one pretty far away from Oak Beach, but that would be a mathematical misconception because they had also to come back in that time and deal with what- or whomever they had to deal. Which means, the actual distance can't be more than 7 driving minutes and probably less, because they had to do whatever business brought them on this little excursion. So we talk rather like 5 minutes driving or less. And still, we don't talk about farther away than just the next two houses around, because in that case, it would have been easier to just walk over there, especially when we assume, this was about to get more drugs. Cars in the night usually drag more attention than just two persons walking around. So technically, we are back to mathematics, in this case geometry. Because we search for some place, which is farther away than maybe 5 minutes walking (inner radius) and maximal 7 minutes driving away (outer radius) without leaving Oak Beach. As far as I see it, there is no way to leave Oak Beach with a car without passing that gate, but maybe someone with better eyes can have a look at that?

Welcome back, PB.

What I listed was what I think is the evidence that LE probably has, not what we mere sleuthers have. We don't have enough. They do (probably).

Meanwhile, I am reading up on paradoxical undressing and terminal burrowing. I am with FredandEdna, still not buying it, but so much of your theory is compelling. For example, there are cases where victims trudged through snow for more than 1/4 mile after removing socks and shoes. That's good for your theory. I am looking for a case where somebody disrobes and then trudges through seemingly impassable brambles for 1/4 mile. Do you know of a case study such as this? Please post, if so.

The other pattern I am finding regarding terminal burrowing and pre-terminal burrowing is that the ability to walk is severely impaired by the time the paradoxical dressing occurs, often. That is why the discarded clothes are often found so close to the body, not 1/4 mile away.

Obviously, conflicting research findings and reports here. Peter, can you post something that might shed light on this?

interesting...I don't believe that she had a jacket and was fully dressed and then got hypothermia and had to strip down, in such a borderline temperature...I just don't buy it...

I played and ran around in 40-50 degree temps as a child for hours on end and never got hypothermia...

I call BS!

Thanks; to make the CVS story even dicier, that West Babylon location closes at 10 PM - as does every other CVS in the area. Or, at least, they currently all close at 10 PM.

The closest CVS is in West Islip not West Babylon. And it's open 24 hours since it's right near Good Samaritan Hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow