LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily,theres the University route which gives him a clearer & straighter shot home. Bertrand goes to I-10, but you'd still have to get to either the University exit, or I-49 to get home to Swords. If you take it across I-10 it dead-ends to a T.
At the terminus to Congress, from whether he took Cajundome, Coliseum or Dean st, he had to make a decision, w/ either a fighting or unconscious victim in backseat. Quickest way home...IMO University...
Honestly, it's moot point.. Its spaghetti at a wall.

Why are you so sure he went straight home? He may have been heading out to Whiskey Bay on I-10.

Glad to see i'm not the only one bothered by that interview. I agree CH was extremely vague. Not to mention her comment at the end where she hopes he rots in hell. That's a very strong statement. If he was that evil she should have done something. JMO

I have looked all over for her interview and can't find it. I would be greatly appreciative if someone could post the link. Thanks

Don't forget the Causeway bridge. (it's also a toll bridge on the Mandeville side) It links the North Shore with Nola. After exiting from the I-12 it's about 3 plus miles to the Causeway. It ends into Metairie after 24 miles of a straight shot over Lake Ponchatrain.
Right, but it's unlikely he would've had a pass for the Causeway. The Geaux Pass doesn't work there. I was thinking he might have had a Geaux Pass for LA 1 since he was working offshore, and IF he crossed the CCC he would've used it. Just some speculation on the toll road angle. :)

Bessie, was just thinking of different routes he might take to get into the New Orleans. Maybe he took the 10 to the 12. Never mind, the thought of adding more land to this search just made me scream out loud.

Would you take the same route if your destination was NOLA or Whiskey Bay?

Not likely... He wouldn't have gone down University to get to WB or Nola, IMO. Bertrand would still make sense because it is the quickest way to get to I-10.

i'm looking at roads around the Whiskey Bay area. What do y'all think about this road. It's Frank Diesi Road and it looks to be a dirt road with trees surrounding it on both sides all the way to the river.

Follow it south and zoom in to see how thick the trees are. There is literally NOTHING along this road except trees. Also, it's off 190, which he would have taken if he didn't take I10.

http://goo.gl/maps/ngvjv

i wonder if he put the plate on his new truck to make his new truck seem like his old truck. this way, he wouldn't have had to tell LE at his next RSO check in that he purchased a new vehicle.

i also think he wanted LE to think the new truck was the same white truck so that if they ever searched it, they wouldn't find any evidence of Mickey and it would clear him.

in the media at that time, LE was only looking for that white truck, so he thought that if they ever linked that picture to him, they would simply search his truck and he could say, you see there's nothing in there.

either he thought the VIN would burn or he didn't think about the VIN at all OR he tried to remove one of the VINs before burning it. He may not have known that there were multiple VINs on vehicles? Well being that he was a mechanic, i guess he did?? Who knows? I'd like to know if the new truck had the old plate on it.

Where has ACI been, BTW?

Sounds like something he would do, except if le ever had to run his tags, for whatever reason, it would come up as a stolen vehicle...

Bessie, was just thinking of different routes he might take to get into the New Orleans. Maybe he took the 10 to the 12. Never mind, the thought of adding more land to this search just made me scream out loud.
I couldn't help but laugh at the last sentence. That would be an alternate route. And if he did come across the Causeway and stayed on Causeway Blvd when he exited the bridge, he would've ended up on Jefferson Hwy. Hmm...

Coliseum then left on Reinhardt then right onto Bertrand?? Does that make any sense?

I didn't drive that area much when I lived in Lafayette, but by looking at a map, that seems logical??

Not really. Reinhardt squiggles all around the sporting complex for UL before it gets to Bertrand. Reinhart to Cajundome Blvd Makes more sense. From their he could have turned left on W. Congress and right on Betrand or turned left on dellacourt and Right on Bertrand.

Just tossing this out there...if he was on Cajundome Blvd he could follow it till it ends and go to the train loading area to dump anything. That place has always been spooky to me. I sure hope it was checked though.

If BSL has half a brain that functions, he would be using exclusively cash for nefarious roadtrips, to minimize his tracks.

As far as burning his truck, he unavoidably had to report it stolen, once he decided to destroy the evidence, and so that placed him in Texas. I have wondered why he didn't drive it out there, burn it, get home by bus - all without using credit cards, and then report it stolen from - say - New Orleans. That would maybe prevent him from being placed in Texas. Then to go to a hospital in Texas draws more attention to Texas.

I'm thinking that if he truly left Mickey in Texas, he would not want to draw attention there.

The amount of attention he drew to Texas, and the risk of a long road trip with a body in the truck, makes me lean toward Mickey's being here in Louisiana.

IMO he would not have traveled far at all with Mickey

Our screen names are too close. I keep reading your posts and thinking "I didn't say that"

I think poison ivy was mentioned in MSM, yes, though I'm not sure the source was identified...? Maybe. But someone has pointed out earlier here that, with allergic dermatitis, "it all looks alike" -- the diagnosis likely would depend somewhat on the story that came in along with it.

I recall sometime back mention of BSL having scratches on his face and arms also. When I have seen someone with a poison ivy outbreak, it also had scratch like marks with the rash

Not really. Reinhardt squiggles all around the sporting complex for UL before it gets to Bertrand. Reinhart to Cajundome Blvd Makes more sense. From their he could have turned left on W. Congress and right on Betrand or turned left on dellacourt and Right on Bertrand.

Just tossing this out there...if he was on Cajundome Blvd he could follow it till it ends and go to the train loading area to dump anything. That place has always been spooky to me. I sure hope it was checked though.

i don't know that place you are talking about, but if it's a place where they load up trains, though they do seem spooky, i think they would have cameras and security there due to terrorism type activity. you know like someone putting something in the train - smuggling, bombs etc. i think they monitor ports, airports, and train loading stations pretty closely

:what:

Many offshore workers have company gas credit cards to fill their vehicles because they use them for work to go back and forth to land jobs, offshore jobs and sometimes hotshot jobs. I am going to guess BSL probably had one.

And....he would think it would not be tied to him!
mmmmmm. Makes me wonder about other cases.

I recall sometime back mention of BSL having scratches on his face and arms also. When I have seen someone with a poison ivy outbreak, it also had scratch like marks with the rash

from itching. i thought of that too, so i googled poison ivy rash and the images that came up were mostly of a nasty looking red rash with blisters and sores. the ones with scratches seemed to be on the bodies of children. but yes, it is possible that the scratches are from him scratching

Is there a thread where people are listing the rapes/murders that BSL may have been involved in and why they think that? I would like to list some cases....

I would love to read what you have to say.
I may have some input also.

BBM

No, it has never been verified if Mickey carried a boxcutter or not. Friends posted on FB early in the case that she had. But BW said she did not that he knew of.

They said it happened between St Landry and St Mary and Blackham Colliseum

Well she sure as heck had something or got ahold of something! Looks like she got him pretty good!
Tiny (in comparison) but Mighty Mickey!

I would love to read what you have to say.
I may have some input also.

I'd love to read/see your ideas too!
Can a serial killer also be a serial rapist at times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01