*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A notebook sent through the mail by suspected killer James Eagan Holmes before Friday morning's massacre was delivered at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus on Monday — the day of his first court appearance, university officials said

However, as part of his studies in a neuroscience program on the Anschutz Medical Campus, Holmes was enrolled in a course — "Biological Basis of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders" — that was taught by a psychiatrist and included presentations by seven others with that speciality.

Read more: CU Denver received package from Holmes on Monday after massacre, officials say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...eds-say-suspect-may-have-mailed#ixzz21hwgvhEN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

It seems "breaking news" stories aren't always well checked for accuracy by the reporters and/or network reporting. It's so frustrating. It has to be unbearable for the surviving victims and all families involved.

I know it drives me crazy!!

A notebook sent through the mail by suspected killer James Eagan Holmes before Friday morning's massacre was delivered at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus on Monday — the day of his first court appearance, university officials said

However, as part of his studies in a neuroscience program on the Anschutz Medical Campus, Holmes was enrolled in a course — "Biological Basis of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders" — that was taught by a psychiatrist and included presentations by seven others with that speciality.

Read more: CU Denver received package from Holmes on Monday after massacre, officials say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...eds-say-suspect-may-have-mailed#ixzz21hwgvhEN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

It seems "breaking news" stories aren't always well checked for accuracy by the reporters and/or network reporting. It's so frustrating. It has to be unbearable for the surviving victims and all families involved.

I know it drives me crazy!!

There is a gag order now so it will be more harder to keep up and everything will come from "sources"

There is a gag order now so it will be more harder to keep up and everything will come from "sources"

So the stories only going to get more and more bizarre from now on.

Buckle up-I am going to move you to the new forum in a minute.

I am leaving the general discussion thread open tonight but it will close tomorrow.

It is time to break out the conversation to topic specific threads. This way you can discuss what you are interested in and not have to wade through posts that you concern aspects of this case that do not interest you.

I have started a handful of threads to help give you the idea. You can use them or not- I won't be offended. You can start new threads-but be sure and think first if your new topic will fit into another existing thread first.
Threads will be moderated at first which means if you post a new thread it will not be visible until a moderator approves it. Sometimes this is instantaneously and sometimes it takes several hours depending on whether there is a moderator available.

Once you get in the swing of things it is much easier to organize information and retrieve facts and info that you have worked hard to document.

Here is the link where you will be shortly:
Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That link says a letter was mailed to a psychologist at the university... the Notebook says it was sent to a University of Colorado psychiatrist

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...out-plans-in-package-mailed-to/#ixzz21gZnDGu4

so my question is - is the letter and the notebook a separate mail or package to different people?

Well, there is foxnews for you.

jjenny - Can you possibly clear this up, please? I have no way of knowing which news media outlet is providing the correct & factual information. And I like to try keep the facts straight. :)

here is what i think about what everyone has been saying over the last 40 or so pages.

brain tumours - could be known to cause extreme behaviour in some people - in others no behavioural changes at all

childhood development/trauma - could be known to cause extreme behaviour in some people - in others a normal existence

being pissed off by something - in some people severe adverse reactions - in others meh it just rolls off

not doing well at something - in some people it could make them snap - in others meh it just rolls off

mental illness - people live with this every day of their life with no repercussions, some unfortunately aren't that lucky.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO ELUDE TO IS THAT - we are all wired differently. what is normal for some/most may not be normal for others. what happens in one case does not necessarily mean it happens in ALL cases. people can go through life with no trauma and just snap at one thing, others can go through a lifetime of trauma and cope well.

the brain is a complex human organ and to this day is not fully understood. that together with a myriad of complex human day to day interractions throughout a persons life help shape that person, no one of us is the same and we shouldn't be looked at like that. our childhood, our hormones, food, social interactions/networks, education, outlook all play a role in who we are.

to label any one "area" as a precursor to this type of criminal act is impossible.

i am sure any websleuth would know behavioural analysis by experts cite many traits in mass killers, but i am sure underneath all the commonalities they exhibit, they are all extremely different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120726/us-colorado-shooting-medical-bills/
I love this they have been through so much and those bills would just constantly remind them of what happened.

DENVER — Some of the victims fighting for their lives after being wounded in the movie-theater shooting rampage may face another challenge when they get out of the hospital: enormous medical bills without the benefit of health insurance.

Members of the public, along with Warner Bros., the studio that released the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," have contributed nearly $2 million to help victims, though it's not clear how much of that will cover medical expenses. One family is raising money on its own online.

And three of the five hospitals treating victims said Wednesday they will limit or completely wipe out medical bills.

glad i live in australia.

good gun laws and hospital treatment available to all at no cost through the public health system.

a lucky country!

Just googled The Dark Knight because I don't know much about the movies. And I read a quote that Heath Ledger said when he was describing his character, The Joker: "

"a "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy"

Quite chilling. It seems as if James Holmes recreated that role pretty well. I'm not blaming the movie or Ledger's portrayal of the joker. I just think that Ledgers description of the Joker fits JH.

Aurora Shooting Victims: No Medical Bills, Free Care, For Survivors At Some Colo. Hospitals (PHOTOS)

And three of the five hospitals treating victims said Wednesday they will limit or completely wipe out medical bills.

State officials said they are not sure whether any of the victims qualify for emergency Medicaid assistance available to needy patients. Victims could also get financial assistance from a state program that helps people hurt during crimes, including lost wages and counseling.

much more at link, and bravo to the 3 hospitals that are not charging anything:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/aurora-shooting-medical-bills-_n_1704209.html

Someone asked which MSM are reliable. Well, that is a wait and see. Right now news is fast and furious, so some of the news is simply not verified. The goal is to be the first to get something out there. There are even articles about that on just this case already. This is the way it is these days, so we have to learn to read between the lines and use deductive reasoning when news is from "a source."

Lisa J. Damiani is the founder and principal attorney at Damiani Law Group APC,

Immediately upon being admitted to the Bar in 1988, Ms. Damiani opened her own law practice, focusing on criminal cases

she was awarded for her trial advocacy skills with the Richard D. Westbrook Trial Advocacy Award

she handled high-profile criminal matters

Her criminal and civil trial experience is extensive

Ms. Damiani has been included in San Diego Super Lawyers for two consecutive years running

She has received an AV rating from the renowned legal services directory Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest level of legal ability

She has judged trial competitions and assisted in coaching trial teams

Education
• J.D., California Western School of Law, San Diego (1988)
• B.A., New York University (1983)

9 of her cases were on the webpage , most of them civil litagtion

http://damianilawgroup.com/attorney-profile/

Interesting, CARIIS. My perception from her presser the other day was that she was a civil attorney only.

Lisa J. Damiani is the founder and principal attorney at Damiani Law Group APC,

Immediately upon being admitted to the Bar in 1988, Ms. Damiani opened her own law practice, focusing on criminal cases

she was awarded for her trial advocacy skills with the Richard D. Westbrook Trial Advocacy Award

she handled high-profile criminal matters

Her criminal and civil trial experience is extensive

Ms. Damiani has been included in San Diego Super Lawyers for two consecutive years running

She has received an AV rating from the renowned legal services directory Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest level of legal ability

She has judged trial competitions and assisted in coaching trial teams

Education
• J.D., California Western School of Law, San Diego (1988)
• B.A., New York University (1983)

9 of her cases were on the webpage , most of them civil litagtion

http://damianilawgroup.com/attorney-profile/

Was she retained by the family or is she the court appointed attorney? I hadn't realized she's from California until you posted this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels