LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's small town jealousy for the moat part and if you are reading cp topix which I am only mentioning because websleuths is mentioned there, some of the info provides by a family member there claiming to be the family member of a passenger who died is claiming to be the family member of a passenger other than the one who did die.

Just goes to show how and why topix can not be trusted as a reliable source for valid info at all!

So if that's where you get any info....consider the source!

Jmo

The only person I see there claiming to be a relative is the sister of Kevin, who would be around 44 now. I don't see anyone else claiming to be a relative of anyone.

The only person I see there claiming to be a relative is the sister of Kevin, who would be around 44 now. I don't see anyone else claiming to be a relative of anyone.

I read that through last night, and you're right. She had already been here a couple of days ago saying the same thing. Her story hasn't changed at all.

She seems to be just a sister looking for answers and to clear her brother's name. I have a brother. If the same thing had happened to him, I'd be looking for answers and defending him, too. She's doing exactly what I would do if this had opened back up after all these years. I have to tell you, she's pretty compelling. I hope she gets her answers.

I'm sorry but even without any additional info CH's story has a funny ring to it to me. What's to stop BL from getting someone to harm her that is outside? Or getting someone inside now to harm her in the future. Or if he escapes?
I seriously question the motive for this public stalking report. if you are fearful
of someone, why not just go to the LPD and tell them? Supposedly she had reported it to CPPD.
It sounds fishy to me, too, Boudin, but perhaps it's because we don't have all of the information. What was the point of the interview, anyway? Instead of answering questions, it only raised more. The editing was awful, so part of the blame goes to the reporter for painting such a blurry picture. I'm trying to reserve judgment until we've got the whole story, but I am very skeptical at this point.

Whatever happened to DyingToKnowTheTruth? She posted here and seemed sincere and seemed like she really wanted our help. She said she was getting verified and never came back. What happened?

I know BSL has two court-appointed lawyers at this time, but were they appointed before the intention to seek the death penalty was announced?

If so, I am wondering if they are "qualified" (I mean in the legal sense) to handle death-penalty cases?

Yes, they are death-penalty certified attorneys... Doga has been around for some time and handled MANY death-penalty cases.

Hard to keep up with all of the posts, but I am still curious: How did BSL leave from ditching his burnt truck and back to "civilization" to be able to report his vehicle stolen and then to rent the vehicle? Does anyone know if there is an accomplice or is there any mechanism that he used to leave the area????

There's another thing that's bothering me about this whole issue with where Mickey is. We know he got her somewhere around 2 a.m. We further know he showed up in New Orleans at a hospital around 10 p.m. We know it's roughly a 45 minute drive from Lafayete to Church Point taking back roads. We know it's about a 3 hour drive from Church Point to New Orleans. That leaves 16 hours unaccounted for.

I don't believe he would have brought her to his house. That would have put him driving in around 3 that morning. That's far too close to daylight in a rural community. Someone might have been up and seen something. He couldn't afford that. I also don't think he'd have risked traveling with her after daylight.

So, where on this route from Lafayette to Church Point could she be? I'm convinced there's some sort of unoccupied structure he's quite familiar with and that's where he took her. Looks to me, based on Google Maps, the best areas would be Hwy 95, or a road off of Hwy 95.

She has to be close to his house. It's the only thing that makes sense. In that 16 hours, he had to have time to commit the crime against her, clean himself and his truck, go home, shower, change and only God knows what else before leaving for New Orleans.

Nothing else makes any sense to me. Like I said, I think it's more simple than twisted. It just has to be.

Hey guys I'm trying so hard to keep up with what is going on and all the posts, life is so chaotic at the moment. Been so busy with Uni starting back up having heaps of assignments already and been applying for graduate programs and finally made all my life decisions ahh so stressful! Hope your all well miss sleuthing with u all!

"For those who are in doubt concerning special trustee priviledges that BS Lavergne, may have have received while serving the eight years in prison for the aggravated rape in 1999. Note the Prison Warden's glowing letter and the '2003' date that it was written. Five years before he was released from prison".

During his time in prison, he completed the adult sex offender program during which time he impressed the program’s director so much that he wrote him a glowing letter which was sent to the Louisiana Adult Probation and Parole Districts. Lavergne was referred to as ‘a man who assists other inmates with their workbooks, handouts, videos, etc. He is prompt, reliable and maintains a positive attitude in his work.’

The letter goes on to say that ‘only a small percentage of sex offenders in the Department of Corrections volunteer for the sex offender treatment program and very few complete it while in prison. I think this makes inmate Lavergne’s accomplishments in this program outstanding by comparison.’

How much influence the letter (which was written in January of 2003) had on Lavergne’s release is unknown. However, it does reflect the actions of a man who may be capable of easily fooling people and the violent nature of his 1999 attack speaks volumes.

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Prior arrest prison records show Lavergne s violent nature

http://acadiaparishtoday.com/view/f...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

We have discussed many times, the personality traits and past deviant behavior patterns of BS Lavergne, since early childhood. Imo, BSL's progression to murdering his victims, began due to lessons learned in the 1999 rape.

THE PERSONALITY PROFILE OF A SERIAL KILLER
Julietta Leung

http://www.bxscience.edu/publications/forensics/articles/psychologicalprofiles/killer.pdf

Serial killers have a definitive and common personality profile. When serial killers are profiled, the reasons behind their aggression are normally apparent. There are many types of serial killers and each type has its own agenda and reason for killing.

Nevertheless, there are common traits found among all serial killers. Some behaviors can be found as early as childhood. Typical signs of danger in children include bed wetting, setting fires, and abusing animals. As these future killers grow older, there are other signs such as the desire to be alone, the inability to do well in school or hold a job, and family problems at home that indicate a future of aggression.

A serial killer is defined as a person who attacks and kills victims one by one in a series of incidents. These individuals usually kill more than three people on different occasions within 14 days. Murderers kill many innocent individuals for their own personal satisfaction, and each kill in their own horrendous ways. There are different types of serial killers.

One type of serial killer is the Visionary Serial Killer.
People in this category usually hear voices that instruct the killer to execute other human beings. These killers are usually psychotic or schizophrenic. David Berkowitz, also known as the Son of Sam, is an example of a visionary serial killer.

A second type of serial killer is the Missionary Serial Killer. This type of killer often feels as if he or she has a responsibility or a special mission to rid the world of a certain specified group of people. Charles Manson would be classified under this category.

A third type of serial killer is the Lust Killer. The lust killer is often driven to kill due to a sexual motivation.

A fourth subgroup of serial killers is known as a Thrill Killer. A thrill killer takes lives because they enjoy the experience of killing.

A fifth sort of serial killer is the Power Seeker Killer, a person who enjoys having total control over the fate of their victim.

One of the last kinds of serial killers is the Gain Serial Killer. A gain killer is one who kills to gain money or items they believe to be valuable.

FYI: Defining - Serial Killer Symposium 2005

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

There has been at least one attempt to formalize a definition of serial murder through legislation. In 1998, a federal law was passed by the United States Congress, titled: Protection of Children from Sexual Predator Act of 1998 (Title 18, United States Code, Chapter 51, and Section 1111). This law includes a definition of serial killings:

The term ‘serial killings’ means a series of three or more killings, not less than one of which was committed within the United States, having common characteristics such as to suggest the reasonable possibility that the crimes were committed by the same actor or actors.

Although the federal law provides a definition of serial murder, it is limited in its application.

The purpose of this definition was to set forth criteria establishing when the FBI could assist local law enforcement agencies with their investigation of serial murder cases. It was not intended to be a generic definition for serial murder.

In combining the various ideas put forth at the 2005 Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Serial murder crime scenes can have bizarre features that may cloud the identification of a motive. The behavior of a serial murderer at crime scenes may evolve throughout the series of crimes and manifest different interactions between an offender and a victim. It is also extremely difficult to identify a single motivation when there is more than one offender involved in the series.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

FBI Definition of Serial Murder:
"Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events"

No specific time frame is officially outlined, to the best of my knowledge. It could be months or years between victims.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1#two

"The following categories listed below represent general categories and are not intended to be a complete measure of serial offenders or their motivation:

• Anger is a motivation in which an offender displays rage or hostility towards a certain subgroup of the population or with society as a whole.

• Criminal Enterprise is a motivation in which the offender benefits in status or monetary compensation by committing murder that is drug, gang, or organized crime related.

• Financial gain is a motivation in which the offender benefits monetarily from killing. Examples of these types of crimes are “black widow” killings, robbery homicides, or multiple killings involving insurance or welfare fraud.

• Ideology is a motivation to commit murders in order to further the goals and ideas of a specific individual or group. Examples of these include terrorist groups or an individual(s) who attacks a specific racial, gender, or ethnic group.

• Power/thrill is a motivation in which the offender feels empowered and/or excited when he kills his victims.

• Psychosis is a situation in which the offender is suffering from a severe mental illness and is killing because of that illness. This may include auditory and/or visual hallucinations and paranoid, grandiose, or bizarre delusions.

• Sexually-based is a motivation driven by the sexual needs/desires of the offender. There may or may not be overt sexual contact reflected in the crime scene."

Interesting little paper.

There's another thing that's bothering me about this whole issue with where Mickey is. We know he got her somewhere around 2 a.m. We further know he showed up in New Orleans at a hospital around 10 p.m. We know it's roughly a 45 minute drive from Lafayete to Church Point taking back roads. We know it's about a 3 hour drive from Church Point to New Orleans. That leaves 16 hours unaccounted for.

I don't believe he would have brought her to his house. That would have put him driving in around 3 that morning. That's far too close to daylight in a rural community. Someone might have been up and seen something. He couldn't afford that. I also don't think he'd have risked traveling with her after daylight.

So, where on this route from Lafayette to Church Point could she be? I'm convinced there's some sort of unoccupied structure he's quite familiar with and that's where he took her. Looks to me, based on Google Maps, the best areas would be Hwy 95, or a road off of Hwy 95.

She has to be close to his house. It's the only thing that makes sense. In that 16 hours, he had to have time to commit the crime against her, clean himself and his truck, go home, shower, change and only God knows what else before leaving for New Orleans.

Nothing else makes any sense to me. Like I said, I think it's more simple than twisted. It just has to be.
Did some one say here or topix or TD that he went to Rayne?

Hard to keep up with all of the posts, but I am still curious: How did BSL leave from ditching his burnt truck and back to "civilization" to be able to report his vehicle stolen and then to rent the vehicle? Does anyone know if there is an accomplice or is there any mechanism that he used to leave the area????
No clue. I haven't seen an attempt to construct the time line that included new info

That's small town jealousy for the moat part and if you are reading cp topix which I am only mentioning because websleuths is mentioned there, some of the info provides by a family member there claiming to be the family member of a passenger who died is claiming to be the family member of a passenger other than the one who did die.

Just goes to show how and why topix can not be trusted as a reliable source for valid info at all!

So if that's where you get any info....consider the source!

Jmo

Could you please try again? I can't understand that sentence.

Did some one say here or topix or TD that he went to Rayne?

I don't remember reading that, and even if I did, I probably just put it out of my head, chalking it up to rumor mill; however, Rayne is right down Hwy. 90 from Hwy. 95. My guess is that he went back roads home from Lafayette, he was more than likely on Hwy. 90.

Yes, but I'm from Nola & not Acadiana. And only if I were on University to begin with

I don't know if you have looked at last night's questions I posted for you, but you haven't answered any of them. I think I'm not the only one who would appreciate it if you would clarify what you're talking about, regarding BSL being seen on University, or please stop baiting us.
:twocents:

DONAMENA,

Here again for your convenience is one of my posts. I'm sorry if it came off a little sharp, but I am getting very frustrated with you because whether you intend to or not, I feel like you are baiting and toying with us:

As a courtesy to other posters, will you please explain just what in sam hill you are talking about? I have followed this case from the beginning and you have totally confused me. I am totally lost.

Please link your source for saying that BSL took Devalcourt. I have never heard anything like this.

PLease explain what "still" you are talking about. I am aware of some images taken on University Ave. around 3 a.m. <modsnip> that were passed around by a WS poster, but I have never seen them released in the media.

I'm starting to think that you have seen that privately distributed photo, and confused it with the photo that was released from the Advertiser tape - I did see it once, when it came out - from the Advertiser tape on BERTRAND.

Either way, please explain what you are talking about, because if you have totally confused me, who has closely followed this case, then it's possible that you have totally confused others.

You are trying to convince people that BSL did not take Bertrand.

Please explain on what grounds you are calling out LPD for distributing false information.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member