LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I road down Constantine Road yesterday which is where Brandon has two pieces of property,from what I've read. It's a gravel road, and not much is there, but a few trailers.

Even so, a big section of that land is for sale, so I assumed the land on the opposite side of the road might be Brandons.

If so, it's very grown up with grass and such. It seems to go very far back.

I know many have said LE checked that land already, but it seems to me if that was his area, the overgrown part, it would be very hard to accurately check all of that...

I have pictures as well.

When he went to the hospital in nola wouldn't his clothes be bloody and have holes or tears consistent with being stabbed? Would LE collect those and test for possible DNA from his attacker?

It really only makes sense to me that he went home first. I can't imagine that after such an energy-charged event he'd have been chomping at the bit to go to a hospital.

My guess is he had to clean and assess his injuries. I would think he never expected her to fight him like she did. I've spent some time thinking on this today, and she must have had a plan in place in the event something did happen. Even if she just carried mace, she must have thought about what she would do if she ever had to use it. I think she fought like hell, and it surprised him.

He had to have been shaken up. He had to have been a mess. I can only hope that had he showed up in an emergency room all those hours later looking the way he would have if he hadn't cleaned up, the police who were questioning would have been alerted, especially after such a flimsy story.

I agree with you totally. I use to ride at night for exercise but I always had a friend with me and I did have a knife in my handle bar bag and a plan of how to fight like a wild cat if I had to. I also was an avid horseback rider and I know how strong that makes a persons legs. I have no doubt that MS fought till the very end. I think BSL bit off more than he could chew with her. I do not believe he would have driven back to his place in CP with her. I think he probably panicked after the altercation turned south and disposed of her somewhere either in Lafayette or on the way to WB in that area. But I must say I do get goose bumps when I pass down Dulles in between Foreman Dr. and Bertrand. If in fact the Daily Advertiser has video of his truck passing then that area is very close to DA. There are several wooded areas on that little street that would have been very convenient to drop her without drawing suspician. I have suggested a number of times that I hoped they searched that area. If she was injured from him bumping her bike to stop her then convinced her to get in the truck and he would bring her home surely when he got off the normal route is when she probably turned loose on him. Just my opinion.

re BSL's arraignment tomorrow: Is that for both MS and LP? I read where The Advertiser stated he's expected to plead not guilty. I can't link the story because I don't subscribe.

When he went to the hospital in nola wouldn't his clothes be bloody and have holes or tears consistent with being stabbed? Would LE collect those and test for possible DNA from his attacker?

I wonder if he was still in the same clothes. He obviously didnt go there right away. Things that make you go hmmmm...... But wouldn't it have seemed strange if he didn't have holes and blood on his shirt to coincide with the attack. See how one question leads to many. So frustrating.

Can someone tell me if the GJ releases the information obtained after they are done or will that stay hush hush till the trial?

I don't remember reading that, and even if I did, I probably just put it out of my head, chalking it up to rumor mill; however, Rayne is right down Hwy. 90 from Hwy. 95. My guess is that he went back roads home from Lafayette, he was more than likely on Hwy. 90.

Does his adoptive mother live in Rayne? Or other family members?

I wonder if he was still in the same clothes. He obviously didnt go there right away. Things that make you go hmmmm...... But wouldn't it have seemed strange if he didn't have holes and blood on his shirt to coincide with the attack. See how one question leads to many. So frustrating.

Exactly! I just think he cleaned up first. Can you imagine how filthy he must have been after all that? I just don't believe he could have presented in an emergency room and to police looking that way and they wouldn't have caught on.

Based on where we've heard the wounds were (neck, shoulders, etc.) maybe they wouldn't have caught on so fast if they were around the shirt opening for the head and arms if the shirt didn't have holes in it.

Of course the next scenario is that the police knew he was lying but had to let him go, since he was presenting himself as a victim, then as soon as Mickey's story broke, they actually contacted LE and alerted them to him. (This scenario is really plausible, whether he changed clothes or not.)

And, lastly, he could have gone home, cleaned up and then washed the clothes he was wearing and put them back on to go to the hospital.

This guy is ballsy, and even though he's not real smart, he's not dumb, either. Based on his criminal history, I'm pretty sure he knew all about how evidence ties back to a perpetrator and he'd have done his best to prevent it being traced to him.

Well remember he did not go to the hospital until around 10:00 pm but he told the cops he was jumped at 3:00 pm so maybe he told them some cockamamie story about why he waited so long to seek medical attention instead of the truth that he was disposing of a bike and a beautiful young woman and then making the 2 hour drive to NO since Lafayette and OP don't have hospitals,
during all of those unaccounted for hours

I hope that there are still searches ongoing, and that the searchers are reading the posts here to get ideas where they might look for Mickey. It is so frustrating to be so far away and not be able to help look for her! :(

I hope that there are still searches ongoing, and that the searchers are reading the posts here to get ideas where they might look for Mickey. It is so frustrating to be so far away and not be able to help look for her! :(

In my opinion, Hookmans Graveyard in Rayne should be checked.

I've been there at night, "exploring" because of some "ghost stories" and it's really creepy. There is a small bridge, but you have to go into the forest onto trails to get to the actual graves, which are just old decaying stones pretty much.

I didn't go INTO the forest, just the bridge area.

But I think it goes pretty far back. Probably a lot of ground.

I say this area because if what another user said is true, that BSL went to Rayne to show someone his injuries BEFORE going to the hospital, then it's possible she might be somewhere in Rayne.

Rayne is where the majority of his family lives, so it might be pretty familiar to him.

re BSL's arraignment tomorrow: Is that for both MS and LP? I read where The Advertiser stated he's expected to plead not guilty. I can't link the story because I don't subscribe.

I believe if you delete your temporary internet cookies you can view the Advertiser page again. I deleted mine a few minutes ago so now I can view the pages again.

It would seem very odd if he showed up to the hospital in clean clothes with no holes where his stab wounds were. But it seems like it would have been extremely noticeable if he showed up in clothes with Mickey's and his blood on them, and they'd have thought, either this isn't all his blood, or he's lost too much blood.

A nurse (?) posted a couple threads back that they probably would not test his clothes for DNA, that they typically only do that for rape kits. They either would have disposed of his clothes, or he would have taken them home in a plastic bag. That's if he wore those clothes to the hospital.

whitetrucksmall.jpg
Thread 30, post 33 has the photo of Miabella's truck still from the video taken with her phone. Is this the still everyone's talking about? I'm confused!

Well remember he did not go to the hospital until around 10:00 pm but he told the cops he was jumped at 3:00 pm so maybe he told them some cockamamie story about why he waited so long to seek medical attention instead of the truth that he was disposing of a bike and a beautiful young woman and then making the 2 hour drive to NO since Lafayette and OP don't have hospitals,
during all of those unaccounted for hours

He had to have gone to the hospital earlier because when he spoke to the Jefferson Parish officers he told them he had just given his story to the New Orleans Police for 2 hours. That would put the time at 8 pm. Then we don't know if he had to wait in the ER before he was actually seen by a doctor or nurse in the ER treatment room.

In my opinion, Hookmans Graveyard in Rayne should be checked.

I've been there at night, "exploring" because of some "ghost stories" and it's really creepy. There is a small bridge, but you have to go into the forest onto trails to get to the actual graves, which are just old decaying stones pretty much.

I didn't go INTO the forest, just the bridge area.

But I think it goes pretty far back. Probably a lot of ground.

I say this area because if what another user said is true, that BSL went to Rayne to show someone his injuries BEFORE going to the hospital, then it's possible she might be somewhere in Rayne.

Rayne is where the majority of his family lives, so it might be pretty familiar to him.

I just do not think he would have traveled far with her. Too risky.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Carrie_Culberson

In the case of Carrie Culberson, who went missing in 1996, her ex/on and off BF was eventually convicted of her murder, but even after 15 years he won't say where she is and still claims innocence. And she has never been found. I just saw this case profiled on TV again recently and can't help thinking of Mickey, where she could be. BL can't be counted on to tell.

Well, Seems to me that would be a logical place for him to go to help with his wounds. Mama's help us and generally aren't suspicious and generally don't squeal. jmo

One poster here, and I'm sorry I've forgotten her name, but she said she had heard/or spoken to someone saying that BSL had shown his wounds to someone in Rayne. Am I right y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752