Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the fact that there are many people with mild-moderate Alzheimers driving around blissfully unaware that they tend to cause accidents but rarely have one themselves, don't you think that some people may be making a big leap of conjecture about NBC having ANY degree of dementia?

I think that started as rumour/hearsay/supposition/hypothesis, most recently by the idea that he may have been at the wrong roundabout by mistake.

As far as I know, we have NO evidence that NBC has ANY degree of dementia at all - in fact I would be surprised if he did. Yes, I'm aware that Alzheimer's is what used to be called pre-senile, or early onset, dementia. But NBC really isn't THAT old, he looks and seems very fit and active from what I've seen of him, and I'm not aware of any reason to think that he has dementia in any form. It may have been a reasonable suggestion as to a POSSIBLE factor, but maybe it is starting to take on a life of its own and become more than that....

But the idea that he got the wrong roundabout as a rendezvous still makes sense as a possible scenario - it doesn't need dementia in the equation to make that mistake.

Yes I agree Doc...I think it was something someone "suggested" & all of a sudden it's, as you said, taken on a life of it's own....as some things tend to do on here...lol..

According to this site NBC was born 1943 which makes him 69.

http://thepeerage.com/p6368.htm

Remember there have been no reported sightings of GBC or his car/s at the Kenmore roundabout, just NBC. The police said something out of place in the vicinity of the Kenmore roundabout, didn't even mention cars, I think?

Rafting ground road doesn't have that many properties with frontage to the road. can't think why he'd be more unwilling to go through there than anywhere else.

I still think NBC might have got the wrong roundabout.

Police were asking for sightings of either the Prado or Captiva at or near the roundabout & BC house, then also "anything out of place"

May 06, 2012

Members of the public who saw anything out of place on the night of Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance have been urged to come forward

Earlier, The Sunday-Mail reported that police had conducted tests at the western suburbs roundabout central to the investigation into the murder.
Traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes on Friday night so police could time a white vehicle going around the Kenmore roundabout, and driving up Brookfield Rd, where the victim lived.

They earlier asked if anyone had seen the Baden-Clay family cars, a white Toyota Prado and a silver Holden Captiva, at or near the roundabout or leaving the family home

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...cus-on-road-clue/story-e6frfkvr-1226347827829

No Makara, I have had it since early 2007. From my internet research built in satellite navigation seems to have come in with the series 11 captiva from early 2011 and only in the LX ( luxury model). I don't know which model the BC's had but I will look at some photos and see if I can see a model number. In the 7 seaters ( which we know they had) there is a CX, SX and LX.

I have compared the pictures of the BC captiva with the specs and details on the holden website and I think the BC model is the SX model, the lowest in the range. Only the SX does not have roof racks and I can't see any in the only exterior photo of the BC captiva that I could find- the one in the garage. The internal seats from the QPS luminol photos shows cloth seats which the SX and CX model have. Also both those models had the colour coded door handles as does the BC captiva whereas the LX has the chrome handles and leather seats.

So as the LX model was the only one with an inbuilt GPS, I am certain that the BC model does not have inbuilt GPS.

They may well have had their own add on GPS system of course like many people do. I imagine most real estate agents would have one of these.

Police were asking for sightings of either the Prado or Captiva at or near the roundabout & BC house, then also "anything out of place"

May 06, 2012

Members of the public who saw anything out of place on the night of Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance have been urged to come forward

Earlier, The Sunday-Mail reported that police had conducted tests at the western suburbs roundabout central to the investigation into the murder.
Traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes on Friday night so police could time a white vehicle going around the Kenmore roundabout, and driving up Brookfield Rd, where the victim lived.

They earlier asked if anyone had seen the Baden-Clay family cars, a white Toyota Prado and a silver Holden Captiva, at or near the roundabout or leaving the family home

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...cus-on-road-clue/story-e6frfkvr-1226347827829

Thanks, Marly. Id forgotten the finer print of police appeals about the roundabout. Whether or not they had witness telling the police they saw the BC cars at the roundabout, police would have suspected as much, as NBC was allegedly reported in the area, and were seeking witnesses.

I was also told by someone who has a family member close to the Investigation, that they were expecting him to plead guilty...
Just a question for those with legal knowledge - as a lawyer, if your client admits to you that they are guilty, can you plead anything else? :fence:

This link to the QLD Law Society handbook for lawyers explains the lawyer's choices in this situation.

http://ethics.qls.com.au/faq/what-d...onfesses-guilt-me-wants-plead-not-guilty.html

:bump:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178134"]PICTURES from our locals *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just wanted to bump this thread as some of you may not have seen it.

Apart from the fact that there are many people with mild-moderate Alzheimers driving around blissfully unaware that they tend to cause accidents but rarely have one themselves, don't you think that some people may be making a big leap of conjecture about NBC having ANY degree of dementia?

I think that started as rumour/hearsay/supposition/hypothesis, most recently by the idea that he may have been at the wrong roundabout by mistake.

As far as I know, we have NO evidence that NBC has ANY degree of dementia at all - in fact I would be surprised if he did. Yes, I'm aware that Alzheimer's is what used to be called pre-senile, or early onset, dementia. But NBC really isn't THAT old, he looks and seems very fit and active from what I've seen of him, and I'm not aware of any reason to think that he has dementia in any form. It may have been a reasonable suggestion as to a POSSIBLE factor, but maybe it is starting to take on a life of its own and become more than that....

But the idea that he got the wrong roundabout as a rendezvous still makes sense as a possible scenario - it doesn't need dementia in the equation to make that mistake.

I agree, and furthermore anyone in the mids of a murder and possible cover up would be confused. IMO even the most switched on healthy minded individual would have difficulty dealing with a situation like that, never mind a elderly man.

The baby's birth in Canada may have been the reason OW and maybe her family were in Brisbane but it has been bothering me about talk of an "announcement" by OW. Announce to who? Immediate family would already know as no doubt Adam called and told family when his baby was born.

If OW and family drove all the way from Townsville in the burgundy Honda then there must have been more than an announcement to make. Maybe there was a celebration or party. If so presumably all BC's including Allison would have been there. Maybe this happened on the Wednesday night the 18th April? I am just trying to find a reason why OW was around when Allison disappeared.

Mum Elaine's birthday is 27 April. Is that a possible reason for you?

That would make it at least a 2 week planned visit if OW arrived on 15 April.

Do we have a year of birth for EBC? Was it a significant birthday? Because otherwise I can't see anyone hanging around for a couple of weeks for a birthday.

Sounds quite feasible to me especially if you've driven the 1,000 odd kms.
Any school hols around then or did she leave the kids in Tsv?

No school holidays then, but I have a vague recollection that I read somewhere that her kids were home schooled which would fit in with the kids having a holiday in Brisbane. Does anyone know if OW home schooled her kids?

Let's move away from sleuthing people who aren't named suspects. They have a right to their own privacy. :cheers:

Will GBC likely get a lesser sentence if he pleads guilty than if he pleads innocent and is then found guilty? I've heard this on TV shows, just wondering if it is relevant here.

Rational, system seems to suggest Onlyone is not currently logged in (though may be lurking) and I am wondering if the "off" was meant to be "odd" as the d and f keys are so close, and is she/he was referring to now understanding why the police had asked if members of the public had seen anything unusual near the roundabout?

:dunno:

JMO MOO

Sorry, caught on the school pick up :)
Yes, my fingers got clumsy. The whole roundabout thing is weird - was the something unusual NBC or car going round the wrong way, right way with out plates. Just couldn't make sense of it. But NBC at the wrong roundabout did & perhaps having to wait until someone trying to avoid the lit & camera roundabout turned up. Does. Sitting at that bus stop right now wishing it could talk. My appologies if my poorly written post sounded like I'd heard anything. Ears open though :)

Will GBC likely get a lesser sentence if he pleads guilty than if he pleads innocent and is then found guilty? I've heard this on TV shows, just wondering if it is relevant here.

No he won't get a lesser sentence for pleading guilty to murder as murder carries a sentence of mandatory life imprisonment in Queensland.

See link to relevant section of Criminal Code QLD

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s305.html

Edit. In QLD life imprisonment means 15 years served in custody. The current state government is looking at increasing that to 20 years.

Y"Traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes on Friday night so police could time a white vehicle going around the Kenmore roundabout, and driving up Brookfield Rd, where the victim lived.

They earlier asked if anyone had seen the Baden-Clay family cars, a white Toyota Prado and a silver Holden Captiva, at or near the roundabout or leaving the family home."

http://www.news.com.au/national/alli...-1226347827829

Going on from the police tests with the white car Marly kindly reminded me of, I just thought of something that is compatible with a rumour mentioned that GBC was seen driving erratically along Brookfield road in the Prado (?).

What if GBC drove the Prado to Knemore roundabout to pick up his dad because the Captiva already had Allison in it? This is not where he asked to meet, IMO, but GBC guesses rightly he's at this roundabout. NBC gets in the Prado and after the discussion of the rendezvous misunderstanding, NBC tries to get out of GBC the reason for the call in the night and the request to not call him on the phone. GBC might be genuinely beside himself because he's just committed something unthinkable, or he might be putting it on, either way, as he explains it to his dad as they are driving back to Brookfield along Brookfield rd, the Prado is swerving all over the place because he's that upset ands it suits him to exaggerate it to his dad. Who knows he might have told NBC Allsion had committed suicide with a plastic bag and now they had to get rid of the body otherwise it'd look terrible for him and did he want his son to spend the next 20 years in Jail.

Afterwards they need to go back to the roundabout because that's where NBC parked his car - thus the long window of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500