TX TX - Missouri City, Thompson Ferry Rd & Hwy 6, WhtMale 18-25, 133UMTX, clothes & coin, May'92

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 133UMTX
http://doenetwork.org/cases/133umtx.html
NamUs UP Case 3845 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3845

133UMTX.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on May 21, 1992 in Missouri City, Fort Bend County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1-3 years prior
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"- 5'6"; 125-140 lbs.
Clothing: Blue pants, brown leather belt cut off and punched to fit a 30-31 inch waist, boxer shorts and loafers.
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located on May 21, 1992. Missouri City police responded to a call to meet with fence builders in the area of Thompson Ferry Road and State Highway 6. When officers arrived, they were told that the men had discovered what they believed to be human bones.
The men explained that they were doing fence repair along the Hearne property about 2-3 tenths of a mile from the Oyster Creek Bridge when they saw the bones.

During the processing of the original scene, police noted that although the area was rural, the dumping ground for the body was a very short distance from the Oyster Creek Bridge, which was completely visible from State Highway 6.

Cause of death was blunt trauma to the face. Based on the condition of the remains and the tattered scraps of clothing and a coin located at the crime scene, authorities believe the victim had been there from one to three years.

James Leon Throneberry seems like a very solid possible match for this UID.
throneberry_james.jpg
133UMTX.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/throneberry_james.html

The only possible problem I can see is that he had a permanent retainer on his teeth that isn't mentioned with respect to the UID. However, since the dental info isn't provided in the UP casefile, we don't really know if this is an inconsistency. The bones are said to have been there for over a year, so we don't know how many of the teeth remained there at the scene.

But there is a very solid resemblance. There probably wasn't any hair left at the scene, so the hairstyle depicted by the artist was probably was a guess.

Also, Throneberry's height (5'5" to 5'6") is consistent. his weight (110 lbs) seems consistent with the 30-31" belt setting.

His age is right, and the timeframe is consistent.

And Seugin TX is 160 miles straight west down Hwy 10 from Missouri City TX.

it doesn't help that Namus says no dentals or DNA while Doe says "DNA available". without one or the other, they won't make a match for him.

throneberry_james.jpg
133UMTX.jpg

The only possible problem I can see is that he had a permanent retainer on his teeth that isn't mentioned with respect to the UID. However, since the dental info isn't provided in the UP casefile, we don't really know if this is an inconsistency. The bones are said to have been there for over a year, so we don't know how many of the teeth remained there at the scene.

But there is a very solid resemblance. There probably wasn't any hair left at the scene, so the hairstyle depicted by the artist was probably was a guess.

Also, Throneberry's height (5'5" to 5'6") is consistent. his weight (110 lbs) seems consistent with the 30-31" belt setting.

And 320 miles round trip to use it car and then return it would have used up his tank of gas and account for it being empty despite the fill up. Sounds solid.

The face shape and jawline are very close. I think if you put curly longer hair on the UID you have a match! I agree about submitting it.

throneberry_james.jpg
133UMTX.jpg

This is the first time I have seen these cases even though this is 8 months old.

This is a strong resemblance and the circumstances match. I would submit this match LE or the Doe Network if it has not been done so already.

This is the first time I have seen these cases even though this is 8 months old.

This is a strong resemblance and the circumstances match. I would submit this match LE or the Doe Network if it has not been done so already.

I don't think I ever did. I had forgotten about this one.

throneberry_james.jpg
133UMTX.jpg

I submitted this match to the Doe Network.

I received a reply that it had already been submitted by someone else.

Hi everyone... I live out this direction so this case has peaked my interest. Unfortunately, the description of the location where the body was found is a little ambiguous as Thompson Ferry road doesn't cross Highway 6, and Hearne, Texas is not anywhere near Missouri City. Either way, I have done a little research... Let me know if y'all think this might be a match.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2077/7/

Bumping, the 29th anniversary of Oyster Creek John Doe's discovery passed recently.

Oyster Creek John Doe has been unidentified for 31 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back