LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa may have been in CP and brought out to the rural
area. I don't know enough about autopsies but I'd like to know how they can tell with a skeleton that a person died of asphyxiation by smothering or strangling rather than choking on vomit or a drug overdose. how Lisa got there remains a mystery that we may know the answer to at BSLs trial. I see a few possibilities-someone killed her and knew the house, in a rural
area was empty due to KA dying in a wreck so they hid the body there. Or she died of an overdose and someone who was with her didn't want the attention put her there knowing the house was empty.
Maybe BSL had her ID and pics of him with her body or something.

A rope or something around the "neck" of the skeleton? maybe.

Suppose when his finger was cut he grabbed it and bent forward in pain If he did even for a moment the other person could have stabbed the upper part of his back. We don't know where on his back he was cut, so it's possible, imo.

The only reason I think someone besides BSL and MS were involved in a fight is because he has stab wounds front and back. I think it would depend where and how deep the wounds on his back were. If somehow she snuck up behind him and started stabbing, then the wound on his back should be the deepest wound. Or if he was doing something to MS and a different person had a knife, they would stab him in the back and he would reach for the knife and cut his hand. No matter how I turn it though I cannot get knife wounds on the back and front and a knife wound on the neck and hand to make any sense. I think it would depend on how deep the wounds were on the back and where they were (could he have stabbed himself at that location). I don't believe that he cut his own finger that deep on purpose. I cannot picture anyone doing that -- unless they were on heavy heavy drugs...like...tripping on meth. That is the only scenario I can imagine.

Back wounds seem somewhat like defensive wounds ....may have been done intentionally to make it seem more like he was mugged......jmo

Oooo ooooo! Maybe all the cuts on various places were not from a knife at all but maybe like jagged glass from a broken window or being pushed off and away through a window....like maybe Mickey busted a window to get out of something and he had to go through the same window to go after her...
Maybe Mickey caused the wounds while alive or he got them attempting to hide her or evidence in something with sharp edges or something......lots of nails in an attic....hoping over razor wire......Hey! I have seen some pretty gruesome cuts from crossing between strands of barbed wire fence!

Moo

Earlier people were speculating that Mickey had a box cutter....

Was also said earlier she might have been carrying a pipe.....maybe she could have broken the pipe and used the broken end as a weapon....or a glass bottle.... but once i thought about the crawling through a broken window.....and imagined the bad cut on his finger being caused by setting his hand down on the sharp jagged edge of broken glass.....now that's all i can think..

Just speculating!

Earlier people were speculating that Mickey had a box cutter....

Was also said earlier she might have been carrying a pipe.....maybe she could have broken the pipe and used the broken end as a weapon....or a glass bottle.... but once i thought about the crawling through a broken window.....and imagined the bad cut on his finger being caused by setting his hand down on the sharp jagged edge of broken glass.....now that's all i can think..

Just speculating!

A couple scenarios I think are possible, tearing the bike apart, the sharp object to cut the grips off, wet, dark, And swinging it over his head to throw it in as far as possible, he cuts himself with the sharp edges...or....

The skirting on the trailer, he rips a section off hastily in the dark, to hide her under the trailer temporarily, cuts himself crawling under, through sharp edged skirting in the dark? Maybe cuts himself grabbing an edge or ripping it off in anger, haste?

Just speculating also. I am 4'11" and I hope she caused his injuries but I think his haste and anger is more likely. jmo

I agree. I do not think it likely that someone jumped in to help.
I think Mickey sprayed him with mace and defended herself. I honestly think that tiny girl cut him up.

Yep, as I've said before...Women such as Mickey (myself included), that ride and train horses are brave, tough, and dominant. We control 12 hundred + pound animals. Mickey has been involved with horses for over 12 years and recently was training a young horse for someone. You become very strong in your arms and legs.

I have no doubt in my mind that he had a hard time over powering her. And that she cut him up !

A rope or something around the "neck" of the skeleton? maybe.

This doesnt seem like a possibility to me. The remains were found in 1999, and investigators were unable to determine a cause of death. Surely they didnt overlook a rope around the skeleton's neck then and suddenly remember it and decide it may have played a role in her death 13 years later. JMO.

I can't buy the theory that homeless people were living by the water bank. Geeze the mosquitos in Louisiana are practically our state bird. They would literally eat a person up alive that close to the water at this time of the year. And I don't believe there is a third person. I believe Mickey gets the honor of inflicting all of the wounds on BSL. I have no doubt she was capable. She was young, fit and very strong and determined to save her honor. Highly possible that when he bumped her bike that she fell off and when he got out and bent over to pick up her bike is when she went for his back. She was probably aware when he was following her and she probably prepared by getting her defense mode in gear before he even exited the truck. At least that is how I would have been thinking.

That was discussed when there was talk of a possible witness, that maybe BSL wasn't aware of, to place him at Whiskey Bay. I personally have been to Whiskey Bay. I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever stay down there overnight. Even homeless people can find better spots. It's pitch dark at night. There are 14ft long gators that call Whiskey Bay home. Its a loud overpass, that is traveled a lot. Chicken said he saw a place with old clothing and some trash. There's been times I have thrown out t-shirts after fishing cause they're nasty and smell like fish. I think its more likely that you have messy fishermen. Again, jmo.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

That doesn't quite characterize what I saw at Whiskey Bay, 100 feet from the bridge pillar, on the edge of the woods. It did not look to me like a place that alligators would get to easily... high off the water and on the edge of the woods. Was not swampy. I saw what looked like a tattered bed roll laid out with a few pieces of clothing next to it. It was laid out flat enough that I doubt it was just dumped there. You are right that there could be many reasons for it. Looked to me that at least at one point someone may have been lying down there.

ETA: We have an incredible number of illegal aliens moving along I-10. The spot I found was actually a perfect layup for someone in transit, waiting to be picked up, while lying low off the grid.

I'm about to head to bed, but I'm gonna say something that's kind of delicate and I'll try to word it nicely.

If BSL's did rape Mickey and was possibly busy(kwim)and not paying a lot of attention. I could see how she could stab him in the back a few times. If Mickey got her hands on her or his knife, and BSL was laying on top of her, she could wrap her legs around him and easily stab him in the back IMO. We know she had strong legs from biking and horse back riding. I believe she could of locked him up with her legs and went to town on his back. Especially if he turned his torso, that would make it even easier. And I hope she did. JMO

/Please alert if this is inappropriate. Night all.

That has been my #1 thought all along - that Mickey was under him. It would be a perfect position from which to inflict all the wounds, in this order: back, neck, chest, hand.

That has been my #1 thought all along - that Mickey was under him. It would be a perfect position from which to inflict all the wounds, in this order: back, neck, chest, hand.

There are so many scenarios possible, depending on when & where BSL's injuries/stab wounds were inflicted, chicken fried.

It would also be plausible to conclude that the stab wound to his back occured after Mickey Schunick, sprayed mace in his face, once the initial assault on her was made. Seems, the normal reaction would be to turn away from the mace spray, leaving his back exposed.

Imo, an aware Mickey Schunick, turned the table on predator BS Lavergne, by taking advantage of the element of surprise, when he was least expecting it..

She fought him with mind, body, and spirit and is the reason he was apprehended..

Do gator bites or scratches look like knife stab wounds?

If a gator got a hold to him, there would have been a lot more damage for sure! Their grip is almost impossible to break without the help of a couple other people, but, even then, almost imposssible.

There are so many scenarios possible, depending on when & where BSL's injuries/stab wounds were inflicted, chicken fried.

It would also be plausible to conclude that the stab wound to his back occured after Mickey Schunick, sprayed mace in his face, once the initial assault on her was made. Seems, the normal reaction would be to turn away from the mace spray, leaving his back exposed.

Imo, an aware Mickey Schunick, turned the table on predator BS Lavergne, by taking advantage of the element of surprise, when he was least expecting it..

She fought him with mind, body, and spirit and is the reason he was apprehended..

I don't believe we'll ever know what method he used to abduct her, but I think it happened so quickly that she may not have even been able to use the mace/pepper spray, much less open her backpack and take out a box cutter if she had one, and I'm not convinced that she did.

I don't think BSL was cut or stabbed during the abduction. I think he was stabbed with his own knife later when he attempted to assault her. She may have even quit fighting and acted as if she was going along with it hoping he would let down his guard long enough for her to escape. I think he was confident that he had her subdued and either put the knife down or held it in a way that she was able to grab and use it on him.

I think Foxfire was right when he said she took advantage of the element of surprise when he was least expecting it.

We may never know if Mickey was able to fight and struggle and cause his wounds; unfortunately it is probably already too late to determine if Mickey had defensive wounds, if she is found. And BL will never be talking, IMO; even if he did, it wouldn't be likely to be the truth. I think everyone has their own idea of what happened and Mickey fighting for her life and injuring BL is the most satisfying of scenarios in this horrible crime.

But several of Derrick Lee's victims did put up tremendous fights, and at least one woman was found to have his DNA under her fingernails, so it is entirely plausible. Of course, this victim was left in her own home, so she was found quickly. (Another odd thing about DL; he left some victims, abducted others and killed them elsewhere, and hid still others where they have yet to be found. He really did not fit the so-called stereotype of a serial killer in so many ways.)

I don't believe we'll ever know what method he used to abduct her, but I think it happened so quickly that she may not have even been able to use the mace/pepper spray, much less open her backpack and take out a box cutter if she had one, and I'm not convinced that she did.

I don't think BSL was cut or stabbed during the abduction. I think he was stabbed with his own knife later when he attempted to assault her. She may have even quit fighting and acted as if she was going along with it hoping he would let down his guard long enough for her to escape. I think he was confident that he had her subdued and either put the knife down or held it in a way that she was able to grab and use it on him.

I think Foxfire was right when he said she took advantage of the element of surprise when he was least expecting it.

I am basing my opinion due to the first order of business of a sexual predator which is to gain compliance of the victim. The natural response by an aware victim is not to comply. Imo, Mickey was a very aware victim, knew the rules of abduction safety, and was prepared should an abduction attempt occur..

I can't say I'm a 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure the reason she started riding her bike a lot (even at night) was because of her English horseback riding.
You have to work on your calve muscles to post and sit correctly on an English saddle. Especially while jumping! So she probably figured using her bike was an easy way to get her exercise that she needs in.

Does anyone think about when he slept? If he abducted her at 2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, dumped her bike and showed up in New Orleans the next day -- at what point did he sleep? I am thinking that perhaps she acted like she was going to comply because she had injuries from falling off her bike after he bumped her and then waited for him to go to sleep and stabbed him but he wrestled the knife from her. Maybe he worked the night shift offshore and was used to being up all night and going to sleep at 6 a.m. ... In my head I still cannot account for when he slept during all this.

Does anyone think about when he slept? If he abducted her at 2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, dumped her bike and showed up in New Orleans the next day -- at what point did he sleep? I am thinking that perhaps she acted like she was going to comply because she had injuries from falling off her bike after he bumped her and then waited for him to go to sleep and stabbed him but he wrestled the knife from her. Maybe he worked the night shift offshore and was used to being up all night and going to sleep at 6 a.m. ... In my head I still cannot account for when he slept during all this.
-----------
Yes. I posted several threads ago, that he had to have time to sleep. I can find my post, but it's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr