LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that Mickey's phone was likely disabled shortly after abduction, thus no pings.

But, I was thinking (pondering) about BSL's phone. I would not doubt that he may have had more than one phone, or replaced his phone after the *advertiser censored* hit the proverbial fan. His employer and hair dresser know his primary number.

I was reading up on hacking this morning. The smart phones are basically computers and can be accessed remotely. And, deleted photos are recoverable with proper software. Also, the phones cameras can be turned on too.

We know LE can access phone records with court order, but I wonder what else they may have been able to gleen from his phone's "hard drive"/sd card.

Of course, the house/trailer search seems to be where a cache of damning evidence was located.

Does anyone think about when he slept? If he abducted her at 2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, dumped her bike and showed up in New Orleans the next day -- at what point did he sleep? I am thinking that perhaps she acted like she was going to comply because she had injuries from falling off her bike after he bumped her and then waited for him to go to sleep and stabbed him but he wrestled the knife from her. Maybe he worked the night shift offshore and was used to being up all night and going to sleep at 6 a.m. ... In my head I still cannot account for when he slept during all this.

Meth Tweaker? Tweakers can go days without sleep and can act violently without considering the consequences of their actions..

http://methlabhomes.com/2009/04/definition-of-a-meth-tweaker/

Bingo! Even a woman with a newborn baby can function without sleep. It probably was not high on his list of priorities. Meth, even pure adrenaline can keep you going, imo.

I totally agree with this! I don't know about meth, but I'm the mom of a 3 year old little girl and I've been functioning on very little sleep for the past 3 years! When I first brought her home from the hospital, I went 2 days with just short little cat naps and even now, I get 4 hours of broken sleep a night, if I'm lucky!

Bingo! Even a woman with a newborn baby can function without sleep. It probably was not high on his list of priorities. Meth, even pure adrenaline can keep you going, imo.
---------------------
My bold above.

So, the question is, for me: How long, and in what capacity can the "adrenaline rush" drive them to cover their tracks?

I know what it's like to experience sleep deprivation for months...

IMO: There's a reason why sleep deprivation is used as a torture device.

I totally agree with this! I don't know about meth, but I'm the mom of a 3 year old little girl and I've been functioning on very little sleep for the past 3 years! When I first brought her home from the hospital, I went 2 days with just short little cat naps and even now, I get 4 hours of broken sleep a night, if I'm lucky!
------------
The difference here is that you were protecting your baby. So many mothers would literally go to their death, to protect their child. God Bless You!

Whoever did this crime was on an adrenaline rush that had nothing to do with nurturance and protection.

Cluciano, I find my own thoughts mirroring yours. I think BSL spent many nights just driving around, looking. Unfortunately, this time he spotted Mickey and circled her until he found the right time and place. I do think he got more of a fight than he anticipated and Mickey hurt him. At that time, he has to get rid of the big pieces of evidence and jumped on I10 and went straight to Whiskey Bay where he dumped the bike. Personally, I have the same feeling Tim Miller has, that he also dumped Mickey in the basin there somewhere as well. I think he then jumped on State Route 975 and took that up to 190 and back home.

At that point, if he did keep any "trophies", he hid those, he tried to take care of his injuries, but realized that they needed medical attention but knew he couldn't go anywhere locally. He then has the long drive to New Orleans to come up with his "mugging" story. After giving LE a statement there, he probably went away feeling fairly confident he covered his tracks. He got rid of major evidence, he confronted LE with no major problems and up to this time, there was no news of a missing Mickey. That probably changed a short time later. He probably got interviewed by LE, as an RSO, and pictures of the DWT were released, sending him into a moment of panic where he decides to burn his DWT. Of course that is all just my opinion and only time will tell.

I agree with you...unfortunately, I think he dumped her body in WB too. Why wouldn't he?

I agree with you...unfortunately, I think he dumped her body in WB too. Why wouldn't he?[/QUOTE]
-------------------

My bold above. Thank you for that question: Why wouldn't he? I think that many of us have expressed that he would would want to remove her person as far away as he could from the bike evidence.

Why do you ask: Why wouldn't he? Not to be critical, but interested in your opinion.

Matter of convenience? Dumping ASAP? Unthinking disposal?

someone yesterday on here posted something about LE having to "shoo" away homeless people before searching??? that sounds hmmmmmm to me. has anyone else heard this. could the original poster of this elaborate? thanks!!

i wish they would let us know if they are still searching. i'm getting that same frustrated feeling that I got a few days before BSLs arrest. i know they don't think it's our business, but i would feel better if I knew where they searched and where they are planning to search. i'm not saying that they SHOULD tell us, i'm just saying that I would feel better if I know. they should really be concerned about the way IIIIII feel, right?! Just joking ;)

i wish they would let us know if they are still searching. i'm getting that same frustrated feeling that I got a few days before BSLs arrest. i know they don't think it's our business, but i would feel better if I knew where they searched and where they are planning to search. i'm not saying that they SHOULD tell us, i'm just saying that I would feel better if I know. they should really be concerned about the way IIIIII feel, right?! Just joking ;)
---------------

What bothers me the most, is that it is very rare that abduction victims are found alive, rescue mode.

It has been in excess of a decade where technology could have been developed to find abducted persons faster, so that they can be saved. Also, that policies could have been established so that persons predisposed to "reoffending", in other words, sexually assaulting and murdering innocent people would have been a priority.

That is the extreme failure, IMO, that the rescue teams have been defeated by the criminals.

Meth Tweaker? Tweakers can go days without sleep and can act violently without considering the consequences of their actions..

http://methlabhomes.com/2009/04/definition-of-a-meth-tweaker/

There was recently a Meth lab bust in Eunice about 11 miles from BSLs but I seriously wonder if he'd be doing drugs because they do random drug screens offshore. I think that being an offshore worker he was used to sometimes having to stay up all night working around the clock so missing some sleep really didn't bother him. Plus he was probably all hyped up. New moms may be exhausted after giving birth but then they are also caught up in the excitement and suddenly aren't so tired any more.

Skip the following if you have a weak stomach:

A lot of property and places have been searched for Mickey but I am starting to seriously think BSL at one time or another watched a documentary or read about the mating of alligators in the spring time and how they become very territorial and aggressive or sometimes will gather in courting groups. I think he threw Mickey in the basin to cover up his crime. Covered with his blood- or maybe hers as well if he stabbed her in retaliation, I think she would not have lasted long enough on the water to be find floating.
and will attack

I too at one time thought that DSL put Mickey into WB with the bike......but after reading things about the SK Derrick Todd Lee....one of his victims was found floating in WB..and they found her body....soo..now i'm not so sure Mickey is in WB....because the searches didn't turn up any evidence of that.

I too at one time thought that DSL put Mickey into WB with the bike......but after reading things about the SK Derrick Todd Lee....one of his victims was found floating in WB..and they found her body....soo..now i'm not so sure Mickey is in WB....because the searches didn't turn up any evidence of that.

But I am not convinced that Mickey's body not being found was really on his mind, so much as just not being found and connected to him. Apparently he went to WB, he left the bike there, so he obviously did not think the bike being at WB would be traced back to him, so why would he think her body would be traced to him, even if found?

And it would not have necessarily have had to be in a large body of water. I have seen several alligators while out canoeing in Lake Fausse Point State park on a small bayou.

But I am not convinced that Mickey's body not being found was really on his mind, so much as just not being found and connected to him. Apparently he went to WB, he left the bike there, so he obviously did not think the bike being at WB would be traced back to him, so why would he think her body would be traced to him, even if found?

He wouldn't be thinking that...i just meant..if she were put in WB....why wouldn't the searchers have found evidence of that....they found that other body by DTL who was in the water....years ago...

I think he was smart enough to know a body can hold a lot of evidence, moreso than the bike.

He wouldn't be thinking that...i just meant..if she were put in WB....why wouldn't the searchers have found evidence of that....they found that other body by DTL who was in the water....years ago...

BSL could have driven to the end of state 975 and disposed of her there in the basin or another waterway in the area. It would not have had to be at the same spot as the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10