LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because BSL will not be needing any stairs anytime soon.. "They are going in the wrong direction"..

LOL that's the first thing I noticed when I drove by...figured it was a way of saying "Stay Out- Stay Away!"

I'm sure the neighbors are getting sick of the "drive-bys"!

I'm trying to respond to Foxfire's quote on post 45---dadgum ya'll I ain't figured this out yet!!

IMO, sometimes the "skanks" do keep them longer. In my own experience with my daughter she was held for 8+ months, before being 'rescued'. IMHO BSL didn't expect the Mighty Mickey to get him. I pray for her and her family everyday and will continue to do so. Also, that the small part of humanity that he is, BSL, will reveal where she is when he's afraid of losing his life, although, IMO also, he won't.

I feel like Brandon had so much going for him...He worked hard, owned land, was self sufficient, good looking! How could he be so stupid and throw that all away and make a devil of himself?!

I feel like Brandon had so much going for him...He worked hard, owned land, was self sufficient, good looking! How could he be so stupid and throw that all away and make a devil of himself?!

For serial killers, killing people is a normal routine to them.

They see it as "normal" and part of their daily lives, the same as they would eating a bowl of cereal, or using the bathroom.

They just only get the opportunity to feel that every day need, on what they view as their "lucky days".

People like that don't think of working hard, owning land, as the joys in life. Taking someones breathe away is their joy. Anything else, is meaningless to a killer.

---------------

It has been in excess of a decade where technology could have been developed to find abducted persons faster, so that they can be saved
. Also, that policies could have been established so that persons predisposed to "reoffending", in other words, sexually assaulting and murdering innocent people would have been a priority.

That is the extreme failure, IMO, that the rescue teams have been defeated by the criminals.

BBM

I hope and pray the day will come when we have the upper hand and can get control of these offenders. Right now, with the way our justice system deals with them (a slap on the wrist for 1st offenses) gives them the upper hand... Unless and until we send these monsters away (the 1st time) for a long, long time, they will continue and flourish. We are basically enabling them.
Advancements in technology will definitely help, but imo, our justice system has the ability to make the biggest difference right now. Change the penalty and lock them up forever, or for a very long time. If overcrowding is the issue than lighten up on non-violent offenses and dope smokers.... That, added to technological advancements, will help us to take back some of the control...
Every time a sex offender is released from the system, and takes another victim, is (imo) an extreme failure...

All jmo

Thank you for those photos, they give me a very creepy feeling, I had not really seen any that showed his environment.
Kudos to Ocean for posting these pictures so those of you who aren't familiar with the area can get some perspective. Anything could've gone on at that house with no one the wiser. Like I said the other night, you could hear a car approaching and have plenty of time to conceal "something" you didn't want others to see.

I just don't understand how anyone can think that a sex offender can be rehabilitated or change their ways and a VIOLENT sex offender?!? Ship them all to their own private island so they can offend one another!

I just don't understand how anyone can think that a sex offender can be rehabilitated or change their ways and a VIOLENT sex offender?!? Ship them all to their own private island so they can offend one another!

Castrate them like gelding a stud horse...problem solved!!

Castrate them like gelding a stud horse...problem solved!!

I'm ALL for that! I'd even volunteer my services!:floorlaugh:
"whoops! The knife slipped....I accidentally got your hand, too! Oh well, one less thing to get you in trouble!"

All the technology we have though, doesn't seem to make the finding of missing people any easier, once they have been taken or lost.

I hate mentioning this, but I was talking with some ladies a while back ,and one of them used to work in the Sheriff's office. And she said that in order for a body to not be easily found is if It's weighted down with a hole punctured in the victims stomach or if the body is placed inside a barrel with a hole drilled on the side of the barrel. And then dumped in the water either way.

CajunA, I found a 1989 Gainsville GA Times newspaper in the attic of an abandoned house where SK Gary Hilton; an emulator, held Meredith Emerson captive in Dawson County, GA/2008. It was opened to an article: Serial Killer Richard Ramirez says the Devil Dwells Within Us All'..

"Serial Killer Richard Ramirez; Night Stalker, said to the jurors in San Diego, CA, that sentenced him to death, "I don't expect you to understand me, the devil dwells within us all, I am beyond good and Evil, Lucifer will avenge me".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5huwZoPZA"]A Conversation with Richard Ramirez--The Night Stalker--Reported by Mike Watkiss - YouTube[/ame]

"Good triumps over Evil"..

All the technology we have though, doesn't seem to make the finding of missing people any easier, once they have been taken or lost.

Lack of finding "Our" missing

In the case of my daughter because she was an adult it was extremely hard to even get an acknowledgment from LE she was actually missing. It took myself and the rest of my family pushing them, making calls from all of her old cell phones of possible "friends", any and everything, countless nights without sleep. It was only by the grace of God that she was found. And she is still recovering from the ordeal. I understand to a small degree what Mickey's family is going through; however, not completely because of the BSL events. I can't say that I did not ever give up and that I wasn't shocked when she was found. I can't go into it in great detail because of some ongoing legalities, but as an addendum to; all of the LE in her small community has recently been dismissed and new police chief, etc. And 1 of the offenders is now in prison :jail: for 20 years. :woohoo: And....Yes, he was a repeat offender, too.. 4 times

Sorry, OT. This is about Mickey. And bringing her home. You guys are great! Keep up the good work. I've laughed, cried and lost sleep reading threads. As a mother and grandmother, I am so proud of all of you!! :tyou:

His rage, or whatever it is, must have started early and overrode everything else in his life...yet he still seemed to want to put up a false front. But on the other hand, having a good job, a decent-looking life from the outside made it easier for him to "operate" as people would not suspect him, perhaps.

I'm ALL for that! I'd even volunteer my services!:floorlaugh:
"whoops! The knife slipped....I accidentally got your hand, too! Oh well, one less thing to get you in trouble!"

:floorlaugh:

Or you could pull a Lorena (sp.) Bobbitt. With electric car windows it would be no problem throwing. And IMO they won't pay for that kind of implant in prison.

Sorry, had to say!! :blushing:

CajunA, I found a 1989 Gainsville GA Times newspaper in the attic of an abandoned house where SK Gary Hilton; an emulator, held Meredith Emerson in 2008. It was opened to an article: Serial Killer Richard Ramirez says the Devil Dwells Within Us All'..

"Serial Killer Richard Ramirez; Night Stalker, said to the jurors in San Diego, CA, that sentenced him to death, "I don't expect you to understand me, the devil dwells within us all, I am beyond good and Evil, Lucifer will avenge me".

A Conversation with Richard Ramirez--The Night Stalker--Reported by Mike Watkiss - YouTube
Wow! Like a poisonous sneaky snake in the grass that was finally caught and put to death. And I'm sure he had a rude awakening when he saw where he will be for all eternity after his last breath!

Wow! Like a poisonous sneaky snake in the grass that was finally caught and put to death. And I'm sure he had a rude awakening when he saw where he will be for all eternity after his last breath!

" CajunA, both Hilton & Ramirez are both still alive, but sadly they will both die of natural causes in prison and their many unknown victims will go to the grave with them"..GMH & Ramirez; the devil's deciples, will both be Lieutenants when arriving in Hell...

I have always said that I didn't think he brought Mickey back to his home. But after looking at these pictures [ thank you Ocean] I am not so sure anymore. It is very very private and remote.

Well, I found the thread.
First time I've seen it's disappeared from the front page... I wonder why?

Always something new to learn at WS.

I am curious about the building to the far left of BSL's residence. It looks like his neighbor's place. While there is some space, especially for those WSers living in the city not used to Louisiana's rural areas, it's not THAT far away....I'm just outside Lafayette city limits, and my nearest neighbor is farther away than that, and I have a lot of trees that give me more privacy than BSL had. He had a certain degree of privacy, but on the flip side, when you have that degree of isolation, your neighbors watch that much more closely - you have to, for common defense against strangers. In a rural area like that, the stare of the man working on the cars is not unusual, actually, even if it weren't BSL's place.

I find myself just curious if BSL's place has been released to the family - whether the crime scene investigation is done and they can come and go as they please? Seems - on its face - like no one has been in, considering the stairs are out of place.

That said - here's an odd Cajun fact for non-locals: Down here, a lot of times it's very uncommon for people to use the front door. Many front doors have not been used in years and the locks are frozen. I don't know what it is, but down here, in a large percentage of dwellings, the back door or garage door is the accepted entrance and exit, and so one gets used to going around and knocking on the door that isn't the front door. I was a Census supervisor and learned that Census notices placed on the front door would often never get seen. I have two uncles and two aunts and eight cousins near me - twelve houses - and not a one of their front doors has been used since I can remember, and are hard to open when I try, just to be different. My two grandpas were the same. Oftentimes, the front door down here is the equivalent of the unused living room; it's there for show. I bet there's a good chance BSL used the back door. The cars are parked back there, after all.

Great pictures, OceanMetTheSky - thanks! What beautiful pictures of his land (the earlier shots). They really capture some of the simple beauty of the south Louisiana prairie that keeps us living here, despite the heat and insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆