LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck."

I had to do a little reading up to refresh my memory about brain fingerprinting. It does seem to be an important development, and I like the fact that the results are computed mathematically, taking the tester's subjective feelings out of the process. It would appear to be very reliable, IF the test is properly conducted. Great care has to be taken to ensure the testee isn't fed or shown information about the crime or evidence beforehand.

Having said that, our justice system cannot require suspects to submit to this test, and the suspect would have to be an idiot to do so! I predict this test will become a more powerful way to free wrongfully convicted persons.

The type of testing you're referring to reminds me a lot of the psychosexual evaluation josh powell was ordered to take days before he ended his life, and the lives of his sons... I remember being surprised that it was admissible in court. It's a lie detector test for sex offenders, who are asked certain questions and shown material that's sexually implicit, and then evaluated by their physical response...
I think this kind of testing is great, and I wish it was used more often... For example, when a sex offender (cough, cough BSL) is up for early release, after passing his SO program with flying colors, to determine whether or not he is still a danger to the community...
All jmo.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/su...sexual-evaluation/QTZ0Fy86mUeeR4Am7y9ipg.cspx

is that a 10 second frame camera?? i never paid much attention to that particular camera since she wasn't on it.

also, there are a handful of locals that are still standing by the bike being under the truck in the Circle K image. don't throw tomatoes at me. just sayin'

With how secretive Brandon is, there is no way he would have hit her in front of that Circle K. In my opinion, NO WAY, at all.
I used to go there at late hours, and theres ALWAYS people at that circle k. You can even see from the image that people are sitting on their cars and stuff.

He would be asking to be immediately reported to the police if that took place right there.
So I never bought that the bike is under the truck.
Plus, I'm pretty sure LE would've noticed that, after still after still. They only released a few of those.

Just so everyone knows, this weekend I'm planning on driving out to every "out of the way" road that could have possibly been taken. Including my own road.
I especially want to visit Duson/Rayne backroads, and I'll find the street name that contains the burned down home that I think should be checked.

I'd advise anyone with free time this weekend, to visit any back roads (Never alone of course) they can think of.
Especially in Rayne, Duson, and Lawtell.
And also, any on the way to Whiskey Bay.

There are a few "backroads" that Brandon could've used to get to Whiskey Bay because I'm debating between if he would use a backroad to throw off attention, or the interstate to play "casual" better and get to Whiskey Bay faster.

But yes, please, anyone with free time, search back roads on that area.
If one looks like a particular interest, please contact LE!
Let's do this!

just a thought

It was mentioned earlier that he replaced the skirting on his home after Mickey went missing. Possibly the skirting was used to conceal her body? Made a "coffin" or used it to cover her body after buried to keep it from being easily discovered?

No the neighbor just said he removed or replaced it recently. It was not stated if it was before MS went missing, after, etc.

hi, Im new to this sight. I have been trying to follow the mickey sh. case. Right after he was charged with murder of MS & LP, I read an article stating that police had found self portraits of BSL covered in blood during the search of his home. There were no other sources that revealed this info...
Did anybody else find this? Maybe Im behind the times on the case but...

I read it as well, but I can't remember if it was on Topix, or the Independent, or Busted in Acadiana...none of which are considered reputable here. I'm pretty sure it was on one of those sites. One poster here said they read that he had photos of his wounds. I did not read that, I like you read "covered in blood."

Truth serum is not as effective as we'd like to think. I've read somewhere that psychopaths and sociopaths actually will lie their way through interviews while under the influence of truth serum. (I mentioned awhile back that I watched a French documentary about this rapist/murderer who was being given truth serum in an IV. He lied about everything, even his name. The whole experience was like this enjoyable game to him.)

Hypnotism is VERY unreliable, simply because the hypnotist can inadvertently make suggestions and actually change the subject's memory of events.

It is so frustrating that we haven't found Mickey. I "wish" BSL would tell authorities where to find her, but I don't believe he will.

In order to feel a compulsion to confess, one must first feel guilt, and I don't know if Brandon is capable of that.

He'll only tell, IMO, if telling earns him something he wants very much.
OK, I'll start off by saying I'm a Christian and I BELIEVE in the power of prayer. It dawned on me today, that it looks like Mickey may NEVER be found no matter how many searches are done, so now I believe WE NEED TO START PRAYING VERY HARD AND WITH CONFIDENCE THAT GOD WILL MOVE ON BRANDON LAVERGNE'S HEART(yes, I do believe he has a heart, and God can find it.) THAT GOD WOULD RELEASE THE HOUNDS OF HELL (as an old preacher friend of mine would say,) ON BRANDON THAT HE MIGHT NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT NOR REST IN THE DAY UNTIL HE UNBURDENS HIS HEART AND DOES THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE, AND TELLS WHERE MICKEY IS.:please:

My humble opinion of course as usual.

Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared.

What do you all think of this? Of the pictures of himself? Who took them? When and where? and...why? Opinions?

Just so everyone knows, this weekend I'm planning on driving out to every "out of the way" road that could have possibly been taken. Including my own road.
I especially want to visit Duson/Rayne backroads, and I'll find the street name that contains the burned down home that I think should be checked.

I'd advise anyone with free time this weekend, to visit any back roads (Never alone of course) they can think of.
Especially in Rayne, Duson, and Lawtell.
And also, any on the way to Whiskey Bay.

There are a few "backroads" that Brandon could've used to get to Whiskey Bay because I'm debating between if he would use a backroad to throw off attention, or the interstate to play "casual" better and get to Whiskey Bay faster.

But yes, please, anyone with free time, search back roads on that area.
If one looks like a particular interest, please contact LE!
Let's do this!

Take water bottles with you! Be safe.

"Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck."

Hopefully,those pictures have embedded time stamp and gps information too!

------------
You mean like some "special" conquest?

The other thing I think is that they consider themselves entitled with an inflated sense of self.

Kinda sorta and this is why in my opinion she is in some place familiar to him.

I've thought that knowing what happened to a loved one is better than wondering forever what happened to them.
But with this case, as more and more info comes to light, more nightmares occur of what happened to Mickey with BSL.
I just feel so badly for her family and friends. I can only imagine how they're sleeping and getting by. With so much information to process, it keeps you wondering how it all played out. Heartbreaking... just heartbreaking.
I do see Mickey as a true Hero who took a demon off the streets and saved many others in her fight.
I hope and pray that wherever Mickey is, she's peaceful and safe now.
May her wonderful family & friends find some peace of mind soon.

OK, I'll start off by saying I'm a Christian and I BELIEVE in the power of prayer. It dawned on me today, that it looks like Mickey may NEVER be found no matter how many searches are done, so now I believe WE NEED TO START PRAYING VERY HARD AND WITH CONFIDENCE THAT GOD WILL MOVE ON BRANDON LAVERGNE'S HEART(yes, I do believe he has a heart, and God can find it.) THAT GOD WOULD RELEASE THE HOUNDS OF HELL (as an old preacher friend of mine would say,) ON BRANDON THAT HE MIGHT NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT NOR REST IN THE DAY UNTIL HE UNBURDENS HIS HEART AND DOES THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE, AND TELLS WHERE MICKEY IS.:please:

My humble opinion of course as usual.

Can I get an AMEN??

Oh yes, I know. It's horrible.
They have back roads that I've been through in Duson to cut traffic and they are roads they are so spooky, people would purposely avoid going down them just because of that.

This might be random, but there is a burnt home that has been there in the Duson area (if i'm not mistaken). Maybe it should be searched, because after all, why would people search a burnt down home? It still remains standing to a degree, enough to put someone in there. But it's all by itself.
And we know BSL likes burnt things.

During my early twenties, I scored a job with the Census Bureau. For me it was high cotton, as I was desperately poor. I lived in Duson off of Ridge Road at the time, and was assigned Duson and the surrounding areas. You are right, there are places that are in the middle of no-where.

One day I was in one such place. Cane fields all around. I was lost, and my aging 1973 VW beetle bug was low on gas. I saw a guy approaching me on a tractor, and realized he might help with directions.

As I flagged him down he pulled in front of me and blocked me, so that I could not go forward. He jumped off the tractor and came running as fast as his overweight, overall wearing body could move. As he got closer the look I saw was not one of a person who intended to help me.

On that day, that 1973 VW beetle became a truck, I drove it right through a ditch and out the other side and half way thru a part of a cane field. When I came out, I was going in the direction I had come from. I looked in my rear view and he stood right where my car had been a few minutes before.

I've shared a bit of my early Louisiana life to show you how easy it would be for something evil to go down in a blink of an eye in the country. I was lucky. MS was not. So he could have hidden her in the middle of the day and no one would have been the wiser... Especially out there..

I just realized I should have kept that bug. ;)

With how secretive Brandon is, there is no way he would have hit her in front of that Circle K. In my opinion, NO WAY, at all.
I used to go there at late hours, and theres ALWAYS people at that circle k. You can even see from the image that people are sitting on their cars and stuff.

He would be asking to be immediately reported to the police if that took place right there.
So I never bought that the bike is under the truck.
Plus, I'm pretty sure LE would've noticed that, after still after still. They only released a few of those.

if we get back into the discussion of whether MS was hit by the DWT in front of the Circle K again I'm literally going to go absolutely insane!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: LE has ruled this out by stating they know the relative location of the abduction and we have sleuthed the heck out of it multiple multiple times. for our sanity please let's move on to something constructive for Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe