The Theater and the Shooting

I was curious about the theater itself. So I read yelp. All the reviews listed were befor the shooting. People said it was the cheapest theater around. 4.50-6.00 even including the 3d's. One person reported that it was the ghetto with police walking around......but others disagreed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/century-aurora-16-aurora?sort_by=date_desc

I noticed one of the tickets (first day or so of incident) someone took a cell photo of. It was only $6! I wondered why, now we know.

Do you think it could have been this one? Sorry...it's getting late....

View attachment 25276

OMG! :floorlaugh:

Sunbonnet and handbangs, hmmm.... Do the witnesses speak English as their first language? I'm thinking something got lost in translation as clearly the description of one of the handbags was not a purse. Leads me to think sunbonnet is a hat with a visor, like a baseball hat.

I'm not sure about this article. Sun bonnet? Is this a foreign source? Also they say his neighbors saw him Friday afternoon,but it should be Thursday afternoon. The confirmation of a hat is new info to me though. Hoping it is credible as it would clear some things for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is Chinese News source (but in English). I assumed it was some kind of fishing type hat--what are those callled?--to keep the sun out, but got mistranslated as "sunbonnet."

OMG! :floorlaugh:

Sunbonnet and handbangs, hmmm.... Do the witnesses speak English as their first language? I'm thinking something got lost in translation as clearly the description of one of the handbags was not a purse. Leads me to think sunbonnet is a hat with a visor, like a baseball hat.

The witness was "Zhang Yi, a Chinese visiting scholar to University of Colorado Hospital." I'm really thankful that he spoke to the press--so many people haven't. At least someone's sharing some info! (I'd have to listen to the video again, but I think Zhang Yi spoke in Chinese and the "sunbonnet" and "handbags" were a dubbed (mis?) translation. Does anyone speak Chinese here? Can you help with the proper translation? Do "handbags" means grocery bags? luggage?

February, didn't you notice those links you posted, Fox and Reuters, were from July 21 and 22nd?

I, too, noticed a day or two after the interest in the possible 2nd suspect, that his social accounts had gone POOF!

Yes ..Producer of Reuters are the ones who twitted it too..
Are we allowed to post twits of verified users here?

I was curious about the theater itself. So I read yelp. All the reviews listed were befor the shooting. People said it was the cheapest theater around. 4.50-6.00 even including the 3d's. One person reported that it was the ghetto with police walking around......but others disagreed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/century-aurora-16-aurora?sort_by=date_desc

I can believe that. Someone posted a stub (maybe HastingsChi) and I was surprised at how low the price seemed. But I just figured it was due to it being the midnight showing.

Thanks for the info, rolling!

The police apprehended Mr. Holmes outside the theater minutes after the shooting, still wearing the body armor. He had four guns with him. A law enforcement official said he also had tablets of Vicodin, a painkiller, in his possession.

Chief Daniel Oates of the Aurora police praised the arresting officers on the CBS program “Face the Nation” for noticing that Mr. Holmes’ gear was not quite like that of the other S.W.A.T. officers or he might well have escaped, mistaken for one of the responders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/u...ghted-by-aurora-shootings.html?pagewanted=all

The person who owns the home where the reported person of interest lives tells FoxNews.com investigators are looking for his tenant because they have interviewed all students from Holmes's program and his tenant is the only one who they haven't been able to reach. However, the landlord said he believes the tenant has been in Korea for "weeks."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...-delay-probe-suspect-apartment/#ixzz22eBYYgyB

hmmm, i thought he was interviewed by LE but he's in Korea? Did they interview him by phone? Or this is another person?

Sources said they began looking for the fellow student Friday and they found him Saturday afternoon.
He has been interviewed. It was still unclear Saturday night whether the person actually sent the threat. But, investigators in interviewing him have gained more information about James Holmes, the sources said.
Late Saturday night, Aurora Police issued this statement: "An associate of Holmes was interviewed this evening. There is no reason to believe that he is involved. Further details of this investigation will not be released at this time."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31293240/detail.html

Sources close to the investigation of the Aurora theater shootings told the Call7 Investigators that the Aurora Police Department received an electronic communication that threatened violence if James Holmes wasn't released.

The communication was traced through an internet protocol number to a router in Aurora. The person who lives at the address is an acquaintance of James Holmes through their program at the Anschutz Medical Campus, according to the sources.

Investigators are uncertain whether the person at the address actually sent the electronic communication or if someone routed it through that address.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31293240/detail.html

4 Guns? Just enough for 4 hands...

One thing I have discoverd researching the timeline....there are a lot of people that question it only being one shooter.

Here's a youtube video that was made and here is a description

If there was still shooting going on at 12:42am, and police had the back covered by at least 12:43am, that doesn't give much time for James Holmes to run down and put that gas mask and disappearing knife down on the corner of the theater where it was found 60 yards away from his car, then run back to his car to be found by police for no reason.

How does this fit in with CNN's Situation Room Timeline of Events? Don't you love how they just skip over the time from 12:42 to 12:46? Yeah don't worry about those 4 minutes, they don't exist.

[video=youtube;lYUWgPyNJL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUWgPyNJL8&feature=watch_response[/video]

Wanted to add this article b/c it made me think A LOT! It's a very detailed article explaining 911 calls and stuff that makes basically no sense. It's two pages, and just to warn you....some of the stuff bought up in the article almost feels like "tin foil hat" material.....but it is stuff to make you think...hmmmmmm
Critical insight into the first reports can be found within the police communications of the Aurora, Colorado Police Department (police dispatch to cars and officers, communications between cars, officers and dispatch). The memorialized recordings were painstakingly reviewed and significant portions of the salient communications transcribed by Dr. Randall Strandquist, a licensed forensic Psychologist. Dr. Strandquist, acting as an independent consultant to this investigator, transcribed the recordings and has contributed much to this report. Over the course of his career, he has conducted over 400 forensic evaluations.

It should be noted that this investigator also reviewed the audio radio traffic from the Aurora Police Department, and requested a source from the department to authenticate the radio (audio) communications. According to this source, who would speak only on the condition of complete anonymity, the radio traffic used to compile this report is genuine and was recorded contemporaneously on the night of the shooting.

At 0103, an officer notifies other officers and dispatch that “one of the construction workers said somebody just came booking out of the parking lot, male, red backpack is all, was headed towards Alameda.” Another radio transmission by an officer on-site that immediately follows notes that “we have an report of a male dressed in all black with a black backpack on Blue Southeast.” Although the suspect caught at the rear of the theater has been in police custody for at least 15 minutes if not longer, the report continues:

“Ok, suspect is gonna be male of unknown race, black camo outfit, possibly wearing a vest, gas mask, and has multiple long guns.”

At 0110, another report goes out: “suspect in all black, black tactical mask, black tactical helmet, gas mask, at least one hand gun, possible shot gun, possible long gun.” It is important to note that the description of the attire worn by the suspect(s) at large was broadcast after John Eagan Holmes, was detained. If he was detained while wearing the gear and carrying the guns, why would they be looking for others in that exact attire?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/48415

Rollinginit, Where's CNN's timeline? I didn't see that in the video? Is there a link? (Or is it only on TV?)

This is what CNN has listed in the timeline??????????ugh, so many statements. It's like swimming in muddy water.

12:42 a.m. -- Officers surround the building, focusing on Theater 9. Witnesses are telling them there is still "someone actively shooting" inside. Officers smell something which one identifies as pepper spray. An officer says, "Get us some damn gas masks for Theater 9, we can't get in!"

Inside, police say, the gunman was shooting at the crowd with an assault rifle, a shotgun and a .40-caliber handgun. Police say he fired "a lot of rounds very rapidly."

12:44 a.m. -- Victims continue pouring out from Theater 9 as officers are clearing neighboring theaters.

12:46 a.m. -- Just outside the back of Theater 9, officers say they find a man who matches the suspect's description and take him into custody. They report over radio: "We've got rifles, gas mask, he is detained right now. I've got an open door going into the theater."

A commanding officer responds, "OK, hold that position. Hold your suspect."

Wow! So according to this timeline shooting begins at 12:37 and ends around 12:46 with capture of JH. 9 minutes and so much destruction. It's sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back