GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for confirming that. I'm pleased to have seen photos of the police searching lock ups on the estate as well.

Not sure if this latest has been posted http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9457291/Family-fears-missing-Tia-has-been-abducted.html#
Why would he bother walking her to the tram in a suburban area only to send her alone into a very busy and bustling town centre?

Maybe she'd only take a few outfits with her to her Nan's?

could be...or maybe the partner just got the days confused.maybe didn't really recall what she was wearing... but, it seems strange that she never showed up on any CCTV ?

Thanks for confirming that. I'm pleased to have seen photos of the police searching lock ups on the estate as well.

Not sure if this latest has been posted http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9457291/Family-fears-missing-Tia-has-been-abducted.html#
Why would he bother walking her to the tram in a suburban area only to send her alone into a very busy and bustling town centre?

Looking at the times of these articles it looks like the Mirror copy and pasted this article for themselves!

So now the grandmother's boyfriend has told his sister and father that he walked Tia to the tram stop.

But we have this from Tia's stepfather's mother:

Stepdad David’s mother Angie Nile, 69, said: “Apparently, Stuart was doing the housework and hoovering or something when Tia shouted, ‘I’m going out, I’m going to meet so-and-so’.

“But he didn’t catch who she said she was going to meet. By the time he thought about it, she’d left the house. That was the last anyone saw of her.”

Very confusing.

I'm off to bed now. I pray for a miracle:please:

The media reports are so conflicting, I won't take any of them as "fact". Would be good to find out exactly who was the last person to see Tia and when!

Hoping you have just ran away Tia and are safe. Please come home soon. x

and WHO provided the info. Of what Tia was last wearing?

Gran was at work.. So that leaves Gran's partner to be the one with the info.

That fascinated me, that an older male could give such a detailed account of what a young girl was wearing, there was mention earlier on about 'cross-over bra straps' or the like being visible. Not sure if I can find that link. I would imagine the boob-tube [or whatever???] would be strapless but provide normal cover otherwise. i can't describe what a teen is wearing, I'm female and I see plenty of it with my young relatives.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/topstories/9856567.Police_appeal_for_help_finding_missing_girl/

I must say I had firmly believed she had been abducted but.....
I really feel for her family and I don't think she ran away. Her FB Search Page is being manned by a wonderful group of people. I have spent hours on it doing my version of being 'supportive'. Very sad.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/UPDATED-Father-missing-Tia-Sharp-issues-emotional/story-16648895-detail/story.html

In my opinion this media source is reliable, even though it is new to me. The above link has most of their coverage. Sky News has also been very active.

Hypothetically speaking, of course... But is there/are there websites where one can explore criminal backgrounds of citizens of England..

Like we have Megan's Law website, etc., in the US?

TIA

What worries me most is that her phone was left behind. What teenage girls leaves the house without her phone, especially when going into town. Every one that I know has their phone glued to their ear!!

Would Tia be aware that a mobile phone signal could be tracked, assuming she was planning on running away. I know it has been stated that her phone was left on charge, but it has also been said that she usually charged her phone at night. THis scenario just does not make any sense to me. I am 39 and I never leave the house without my phone!!

Questions. questions, I wish we had firm details of what took place that morning.

Apologies my question mark key is broken!!

Hypothetically speaking, of course... But is there/are there websites where one can explore criminal backgrounds of citizens of England..

TIA

I could very well be wrong but no, I don't think there are. You can pay to have a criminal record check carried out though.

TIA

Not that I know of but that's open to correction.
From being on WS I have found all the public records available in the US fascinating. I better confine my remarks to my own little island!

:doorhide:

You are all bigger than us. Lol.

With the Olympics going on I would imagine security cameras are everywhere. I mean everywhere!

If I were her family I would appeal to every newspaper, Olympic FB coverage, for that matter ALL Olympic coverage. I sure hope this isn't swept under the rug by LE because of the Games.

To add I would try to appeal to all in my neighborhood to view their camera video. Leave no stone unturned.

What worries me most is that her phone was left behind. What teenage girls leaves the house without her phone, especially when going into town. Every one that I know has their phone glued to their ear!!

Would Tia be aware that a mobile phone signal could be tracked, assuming she was planning on running away. I know it has been stated that her phone was left on charge, but it has also been said that she usually charged her phone at night. THis scenario just does not make any sense to me. I am 39 and I never leave the house without my phone!!

Questions. questions, I wish we had firm details of what took place that morning.

Apologies my question mark key is broken!!

The more time that passes and the more I think about it the less it makes sense. I did believe the abduction story but little snippets have come out today that puts the hinky metre going.

She had her Mom's phone but she left it behind. She was planning to travel to a shopping centre with £10, which may have been provided by grandpa, according to some reports.

Reports also seem to indicate a concentration of police activity around Croydon. I know they searched CCTV etc, with no luck.
I have a bad feeling that's getting worse about it. Poor Tia. :(

"A scheme that allows parents to check if someone with regular access to their children has a history of child sex offences is being extended. The Home Office scheme was piloted in four areas in England from September 2008. It is now being rolled out in eight more forces and will be expanded to the whole of England and Wales by spring." This is taken from Sarah's Law website

http://www.sarahslaw.co.uk/sarah/

"“Sarah’s Law” was proposed after the murder of eight-year-old Sarah Payne by a convicted sex offender 10 years ago. Sarah was kidnapped and murdered by Roy Whiting in West Sussex in 2000."

I think in practice people with children can approach the police to find out if a person who has regular contact with their child has had any convictions relating to sexual offences on children. I think the police are limited in what they can tell you and the parent has to keep the information confidential.

Not that I know of but that's open to correction.
From being on WS I have found all the public records available in the US fascinating. I better confine my remarks to my own little island!

:doorhide:

You are all bigger than us. Lol.

O/T Hi Raindrops. My daughter just returned from a year in Dublin at Trinity College. She loved it there, and so did I when I visited. What part of Ireland are you in?

I am so appreciative of the Sleuthers sharing information with us from Ireland, UK, and all places "Across the Pond"!

I have always admired your countries and wish to visit some time in my travels!

I love being able to learn more about you all, and to be able to "chat" on-line on WS with you.

It is unfortunate that the underlying reason is that we are searching for missing persons, though.

:seeya:

O/T Hi Raindrops. My daughter just returned from a year in Dublin at Trinity College. She loved it there, and so did I when I visited. What part of Ireland are you in?

The nicest part and that's a Kerry answer for you. Killarney all my life but born Albany quite a long time ago. Soft spot for the USofA.
Jokes on Kerry people: they never give you a straight answer.

IHAVENOCLUE It works well most of the time & is mutual.

The nicest part and that's a Kerry answer for you. Killarney all my life but born Albany quite a long time ago. Soft spot for the USofA.
Jokes on Kerry people: they never give you a straight answer.

IHAVENOCLUE It works well most of the time & is mutual.

I didn't make it to Kerry. :(

Thanks for a sort-of-local view. Praying for her safe return.

TIA
No open access to records here. Like so much else involving our children the issue has become a political hotbed. :( A lot of people cite the risk of vigilantism, human rights violations, effectiveness, etc. as reasons for not allowing the register to be open. My husband clearly remembers a pediatrician being attacked because her attackers confused pediatrician for pedophile. I remember reading of a convicted pedophile being beaten to death in London my first year here.

Theoretically though the police are supposed to be able to tell parents of young children if an offender is living within a certain proximity. Any person working with vulnerable people, even in a volunteer capacity, is supposed to have a background check done. Unfortunately we know some offenders don't have a rap sheet.

One of the biggest problems here, and a huge difference from the US, are appallingly lenient sentences given to those convicted of crimes against children. Infuriating and ironic because children in the UK are often nearly socially revered. I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

No open access to records here. Like so much else involving our children the issue has become a political hotbed. :( A lot of people cite the risk of vigilantism, human rights violations, effectiveness, etc. as reasons for not allowing the register to be open. My husband clearly remembers a pediatrician being attacked because her attackers confused pediatrician for pedophile. I remember reading of a convicted pedophile being beaten to death in London my first year here.

Theoretically though the police are supposed to be able to tell parents of young children if an offender is living within a certain proximity. Any person working with vulnerable people, even in a volunteer capacity, is supposed to have a background check done. Unfortunately we know some offenders don't have a rap sheet.

One of the biggest problems here, and a huge difference from the US, are appallingly lenient sentences given to those convicted of crimes against children. Infuriating and ironic because children in the UK are often nearly socially revered. I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

I know a lot of countries are far more protective of criminals than the US, yet the US is always getting slammed for being so lenient. Not in comparison to many other countries. I think in Germany, and maybe some others, they don't even release the names of pedophiles even after conviction. And I think Australia is pretty protective of their sex offenders too. I don't think there is any such thing as rehab for these criminals and don't understand how they can be protected, instead of potential victims.

Leaving the oyster card and mobile bothers me too...she wasn't at home and just popping down to the off licence. My daughter though, if she likes an outfit, will re-wear it to the point of me begging her to change. Other days she'll change 8 times! A bone of contention without a dryer in a rainy country. She never remembers her mobile on her own - I have to remind her as she's out the door. (I have a very young 12 year old though so she can't go far from home for very long and still has to have her GPS enabled phone on her, checking in at periodic intervals. She says I'm too strict. ;))

I can't believe it's been four days and so far they can't find her on CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts