Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayers and love go out to the Shunick family - I feel like crying, yet at the same time there's a feeling of relief. I remember posting something about *where's the first and last place you'd look for a dead body?* - the thought of a graveyard kept coming into my head. I hope 'BS' Lavergne did confess, but I wish he'd done it much sooner for everyone's sake. I feel like he's got more confessing to do though. :twocents:

It's her. Just trust me. Creole lady instinct, that and I am shaking so hard I can hardly type.

Credible tip to LE; went out around 7 this morning; found grave site; road goes back around 70 yards to cemetery; beyond cemetery area is where the remains were found.

Experts from LSU currently processing scene.

Can someone provide a link to google map that has all known locations that are important to this case? Like BSL's house, where bike was found, place truck was burned and so forth. I know there were post's that showed this stuff but I can't find them.

Could the credible information recieved have had anything to do with recieving onstar records?

I hope so but the reliable local poster who called it first and has been spot on in the past said it was confession body found

If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!!

I agree with this sentiment.

I am also a bit pissed that KLFY (and others who followed suit) reported this news before receiving any sort of confirmation that the family had been notified.

And then, to top it off, they brayed like jackasses that they were the first, at the top of their newscast.

Can someone provide a link to google map that has all known locations that are important to this case? Like BSL's house, where bike was found, place truck was burned and so forth. I know there were post's that showed this stuff but I can't find them.

Try this link, Mitzki5:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175335"]LA -Mickey Shunick: MAPS AND PHOTOS, No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Prayers and love go out to the Shunick family - I feel like crying, yet at the same time there's a feeling of relief. I remember posting something about *where's the first and last place you'd look for a dead body?* - the thought of a graveyard kept coming into my head. I hope 'BS' Lavergne did confess, but I wish he'd done it much sooner for everyone's sake. I feel like he's got more confessing to do though. :twocents:

And don't forget about his fascination with cemeteries. Area is Vidrine where he raped the young girl in 99. On the way to Ft. Polk. He would have been quite familiar with the area.

The Advertiser seems to be the most responsible media reporting on this today.

It's gone 12am here, going to have to go but doubt I'll sleep. Thoughts and prayers to Mickey, her family and friends (and everyone who has grown to care about her. Especially you fellow sleuthers) xx

He is a dangerous dangerous person--he is a serial killer--he will never be out--but this looks like DP will not be applied. Perhaps he had some small shred of pity for her family and friends?--after he saw the outpouring of love and grief for her--something he obviously never felt for others in his own life. I am sure however terrible this day is for the Shunick family it is better than the eternal search and never knowing.

I feel like throwing up. I know this was always the ending and it is better than never finding her, but this in addition to reading about some of the implications surrounding evidence makes me sick.

They received a very reliable tip alright and it was someone REALLY CLOSE to the case! I'm just glad there will be some sort of closure to all of this! Please everyone keep an eye on RSO's in your area's!

I mentioned this a couple days ago in the "main" thread but....if all this is true, I really can't shake the feeling about Brettly's bike found in a cemetery. Too weird.

RIP Mickey, I think of you when I ride my bike and I'm so glad the family can begin to find peace.

And don't forget about his fascination with cemeteries. Area is Vidrine where he raped the young girl in 99. On the way to Ft. Polk. He would have been quite familiar with the area.

It is yet to be known if other victims will be found there too

If BL confessed, I struggle to believe he did it for any reason other than to benefit himself in some way.

If BL confessed, I struggle to believe he did it for any reason other than to benefit himself in some way.

I think whatever evidence they have was good-beyond any reasonable doubt good and he knew he was going to fry. Confessing saves his life.

He is a dangerous dangerous person--he is a serial killer--he will never be out--but this looks like DP will not be applied. Perhaps he had some small shred of pity for her family and friends?--after he saw the outpouring of love and grief for her--something he obviously never felt for others in his own life. I am sure however terrible this day is for the Shunick family it is better than the eternal search and never knowing.

I think his confession, if he did, indeed, confess, was probably self-serving.

People mentioned bio mom visiting him in jail. Do we know this or is it conjecture?

I respect the fact that KATC backtracked what they originally posted. I think it was out of respect for the family, especially if they had not been notified yet.
JMO

KLFY would have had to do some "backtracking" if in fact it was not confirmed as Mickey's remains.

Backtrack is one thing, but to outright lie and say it was a man, is a whole other story!

Ville Platte is about 30 minutes from his home. It's not the most direct route to Texas and not on the way. Essentially, you'd take 190 to 13 north to 29 to get to VP. However, from what I've read, she was located on the way to Oakdale. From his home, you'd take 190 west to 13 north in Eunice and continue on 13 past Mamou to a community called Vidrine where there is an intersection called "the y.". At the y you'd take a left on to Oakdale Ft Polk Allen Parish area. Vidrine is important because that's where he raped the young lady that put him in jail in the first place.

I thought he raped her in Reddell.
Regardless though, he was very familiar with those roads, with all of his comings and goings from Fort Polk, AWOL or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆