Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
KATC's Erin Steuber

Statement from Gary M Lavergne:

I was born in Church Point in 1955 and moved to Austin, TX in 1989. I have not lived in Church Point for 23 years. I've written four peer-reviewed university press books, three dealing with crime and criminal justice and the phenomenon of mass murder. The last was published 10 years ago and none of those titles have anything to do with the Louisiana case at hand. I
've since moved on to writing history and civil rights.

My father, Nolan Lavergne, was a police officer in Church Point, serving as Chief of Police from 1966-70, until his death in 1979. He has been dead for 33 years.

Finally, neither my father nor myself are related to Brandon Lavergne in any way. I have never met him nor am I acquainted with any member of his family.

Again, I appreciate your checking the facts. Apparently, someone posted something on the Internet linking my father and me to this person: that is completely false.

Especially if she was found wearing her clothes, not just with her clothes in the grave site, I think this may be the case. I hope they can determine if she was sexually assaulted though, especially if he claims not.

I feel like they must have known something to that affect because they charged him with possible sexual assault before her body was found. I would think they must have had some sort of evidence of that...but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I don't pop in too often with comments, but I just cannot stand this publication. (See link below.) This "reporter" is one of the most appalling writers I've ever had the displeasure of reading. And, ironically, she is criticising other people's writing!!! I am aware that this is NOT a reputable or reliable source of information. It's just amazing to me how bad it is.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981532043

oops sorry mods this may still be rumour

I am soooo sorry.

Passnthru could you remove the quote please :) I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry if I broke a rule. I was only being hypothetical, not trying to spread rumors. I was trying to think like BSL.

KATC's Erin Steuber

Statement from Gary M Lavergne:

I was born in Church Point in 1955 and moved to Austin, TX in 1989. I have not lived in Church Point for 23 years. I've written four peer-reviewed university press books, three dealing with crime and criminal justice and the phenomenon of mass murder. The last was published 10 years ago and none of those titles have anything to do with the Louisiana case at hand. I
've since moved on to writing history and civil rights.

My father, Nolan Lavergne, was a police officer in Church Point, serving as Chief of Police from 1966-70, until his death in 1979. He has been dead for 33 years.

Finally, neither my father nor myself are related to Brandon Lavergne in any way. I have never met him nor am I acquainted with any member of his family.

Again, I appreciate your checking the facts. Apparently, someone posted something on the Internet linking my father and me to this person: that is completely false.

Also, BSL is adopted. I don't think we know his bio background, do we?

Not sure if this has been posted here...

Layafette police hope to ID human remains today or Friday-
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...D-human-remains-today-Friday?odyssey=nav|head

ID procedures begin in Mickey Shunick case-
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...k-case?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I bet she won't be released that soon, though. Still be a while before the family can hold a service. But at least they know where she is.

Unimaginable. Unimaginable.

I bet she won't be released that soon, though. Still be a while before the family can hold a service. But at least they know where she is.

Unimaginable. Unimaginable.

Because she is tied to a crime it could be a week or so before she is released to the family. I have a personal experience from the past where a family member was killed. She was held for nearly two weeks.

holy cow! that is crazy. crazy that they are of similar age too. wonder if he's the one that worked at wal-mart? off topic. sorry mods. but i had to comment. it'a small world or Louisiana, rather

Well I posted it also so we will know to make sure which BL we are researching since we know for sure there is 2 very very close to each other and I know of a 3rd also in the area.

I don't pop in too often with comments, but I just cannot stand this publication. (See link below.) This "reporter" is one of the most appalling writers I've ever had the displeasure of reading. And, ironically, she is criticising other people's writing!!! I am aware that this is NOT a reputable or reliable source of information. It's just amazing to me how bad it is.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981532043

not getting anything in the link

Well I posted it also so we will know to make sure which BL we are researching since we know for sure there is 2 very very close to each other and I know of a 3rd also in the area.

The article I read about the arson referred to him as BPL not BSL. It did not contain a picture, but the different initial caught my eye. Just FWIW

I know this has probably been posted a lot but I don't think BSL will get away with it "being an accident". The bloody photos of BSL are strange and why would he have taken those if it was an accident? If he took them to prove his injuries "in the mugging" the timestamp on photos would be important and I bet you it was before 3PM May 19th probably in the morning hours. Also unfortunately there were probably photos of MS and LP, maybe more.
:(

BSL isn't getting away with s***!!

I know this has probably been posted a lot but I don't think BSL will get away with it "being an accident". The bloody photos of BSL are strange and why would he have taken those if it was an accident? If he took them to prove his injuries "in the mugging" the timestamp on photos would be important and I bet you it was before 3PM May 19th probably in the morning hours. Also unfortunately there were probably photos of MS and LP, maybe more.
:(

BSL isn't getting away with s***!!

How do we know there are such photos? I must have missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson