Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

just saw this...JH never worked for MCDONALD'S

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/james-holmes-unemployment-insurance_n_1707367.html

Some reports suggested he couldn't find work, while others have suggested he could. The New York Daily News reported that Holmes worked at McDonald's.

But according to McDonald's, that's not true. "Based on our information, the individual has never been employed by a company-owned or franchised McDonald's restaurant," company spokeswoman Julie Pottebaum said in an email.

It was the family's neighbor that claimed JH worked at McDonalds. Maybe it was some other fast food joint?

"After high school, Holmes received a bachelor's degree in neuroscience from the University of California, Riverside, but could not find a job after returning to San Diego several years ago. For a year or so, he worked part-time at a McDonald's, according to Tom Mai, who lives near the Holmes family in San Diego."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/us-usa-shooting-denver-profile-idUSBRE86J19H20120720

IMO JH knew what he was doing from day 1. He was unsatisfied with his standings in his class and was a bit bewildered by him not coming out on top. His actions are retaliation for his bad grades and bad reports from the school. MI or NOT!!! he knew enough to spend almost 4 months to construct retaliation. Elaborate retaliation!

Even if he is MI, this took planning! Even a MI person can plan. Even a MI person is sane enough to realize JH's sort of plan was beyond insane, it was deliberate!

It was the family's neighbor that claimed JH worked at McDonalds. Maybe it was some other fast food joint?

"After high school, Holmes received a bachelor's degree in neuroscience from the University of California, Riverside, but could not find a job after returning to San Diego several years ago. For a year or so, he worked part-time at a McDonald's, according to Tom Mai, who lives near the Holmes family in San Diego."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/us-usa-shooting-denver-profile-idUSBRE86J19H20120720

Maybe :)

And I suppose him being at top 1 % of his class is made up too? Give me a break.
This guy was accepted into at least two graduate programs. I think it's a safe bet he didn't show up for his interviews looking like the potted plant.

jjenny to clarify: I was responding to your implication that any state university's administrator's/leaders are the pinnacle of honesty and its inconceivable to think otherwise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

MAKE THIS RIGHT MI HAS A STIGMA.
CARE AND STOP HIDING!!!!

I am under the impression they will botch this entire case up on purpose.
Nobody cares for the MI They care about the school.

I hope the school will lose many enrollments. I am watching for now. but am willing to make a lot of noise about this.
I will be at a NAMI meeting (National Association for MI)
they have a large network and platform, and I will bring this up.

As much as I think he needs LWOP
I think the school needs life without enrollments. Just legal battles and corrections of policy.

Wellll….IMHO, getting this worked up over something that has nothing whatsoever to do with you personally doesn't help MI stigma.

Just sayin'

Back to the topic subject…
I just finished watching the video posted by OneLostGirl and if JH has the same illness that Diana Dial has, and firepower is an indication of how deep the rabbit hole might go, then JH must believe he has ALOT of enemies! He had enough explosives and firepower to take on a small army...

Given his credentials and intellectual personal statement on his resumes, i dont think this guy is poor academically. IMO There is something that triggered him to lose interest and motivations on his education. I am still on the fence but i am leaning towards to someone in the school who doesnt like him at all from the beginning of the Spring Semester and that person has a connection to make him not pursue this education.. I might be wrong because we still dont have his medical records...

IMO , If he is simply failing and can accept that fact, he can withdraw citing personal reasons,or maybe move back to San Diego and apply again in another school- maybe U of IL. But he didnt... instead he went shopping for his crime and went mad... the guy was mad IMO..

I posed those questions because I'm trying to decipher a potential breaking point in his behavior, sanity.

My very rough hypothesis is that his history of academic interests and potential career interests is somewhat related to that of his father. His father is a true genius whose career accomplishments are second to none in his field and his work has been adapted throughout global business. He likely felt pressure to attain similar successes; on paper, he appeared to be on the right path but his psychology was beginning to hinder his abilities as the course work became more challenging. As he was potentially freefalling academically his corrupt psychology took over more and more. Potentially when he realized he would lose his scholarship and be a complete failure in his father's eyes, he potentially gave up and let the corruption in his psychology eclipse the brilliance of his mind. When his semester end exam went poorly he reached a breaking point and the corrupt psychology used his genius to produce a diabolical, complex plan which he carried out.

Like I said VERY rough hypothesis. Note the over use of the term potentially before shredding this. :D

I posed those questions because I'm trying to decipher a potential breaking point in his behavior, sanity.

My very rough hypothesis is that his history of academic interests and potential career interests is somewhat related to that of his father. His father is a true genius whose career accomplishments are second to none in his field and his work has been adapted throughout global business. He likely felt pressure to attain similar successes; on paper, he appeared to be on the right path but his psychology was beginning to hinder his abilities as the course work became more challenging. As he was potentially freefalling academically his corrupt psychology took over more and more. Potentially when he realized he would lose his scholarship and be a complete failure in his father's eyes, he potentially gave up and let the corruption in his psychology eclipse the brilliance of his mind. When his semester end exam went poorly he reached a breaking point and the corrupt psychology used his genius to produce a diabolical, complex plan which he carried out.

Like I said VERY rough hypothesis. Note the over use of the term potentially before shredding this. :D

That is another thing, his father's accompolishment is a major stressor for him.
I really think it is simple,this is Hatred + Depression that leds to Madness and created many delusions IMO

Update on Fitz Apartments

Manager who rejected Holmes apartment application lived in the building and is now an evacuee.
Joanne Southard, who is the manager of the Fitz Apartments, along with her son and two grand children are among the evacuees.

"The kids keep asking me where we're going to be sleeping," Southard told 9NEWS. "I tell them we're going to be sleeping on the floor."

Southard is frustrated as she tries to find a new permanent home for her family, more so, she doesn't understand why someone would set the fire.

"No one can ever give me an answer as to why anybody would be that mean to trap all of us - they didn't just block us in. They trapped us in," Southard said.

Security camera tapes turned over to police:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31336684/detail.html
Southard, the maintenance manager (I think husband of Joanne), said he also oversees security video for the buildings.

"Last night it caught every minute of it that was going on out here. The cameras in between buildings caught it all," said Southard.

Southard said he turned that video over to Aurora arson investigators.

Investigators told Kost that they obtained security video from the apartment building and nearby businesses.

Conflicting Reports
POI lives in the same building:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/investigators-deadly-apt-fire-intentionally-set/
A tenant of the building has been interviewed by police and is considered a person of interest. Residents in the building are being asked for information about their dealings with the man who lived in The Fitz apartment complex for two years.
POI lives in nearby building:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31347563/detail.html
Sources familiar with the investigation told Hernandez the person of interest is a tenant in the apartment building next to the four-story building that burned...A tenant told Hernandez that investigators have placed a red evidence seal on the door of an apartment unit where the person of interest lives.

Thoughts about a friend named James Holmes

"Wednesday, 25 July 2012 at 10:02 ·
Disclaimer: I'm not here to justify the actions of the Aurora shooting. Nothing can warrent such a ridiculous act. Instead, I'm going to give you some background on a side that not even the media has covered. After a few days of digesting this, I decided to write my thoughts about it all and kinda describe what I've been thinking".

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146810573&page=1

I am not aware that this has already been posted.

IMO JH knew what he was doing from day 1. He was unsatisfied with his standings in his class and was a bit bewildered by him not coming out on top. His actions are retaliation for his bad grades and bad reports from the school. MI or NOT!!! he knew enough to spend almost 4 months to construct retaliation. Elaborate retaliation!

Even if he is MI, this took planning! Even a MI person can plan. Even a MI person is sane enough to realize JH's sort of plan was beyond insane, it was deliberate!

I believe he knew what he was doing. He knew it was not right, and he knew how to plan.
I do not believe I can say what he was thinking.

I can say: his grades most likely plummeted because of him unraveling.
I do not believe he unraveled because of his grades.
The mental disorder had to be there first.
:moo:

Wellll….IMHO, getting this worked up over something that has nothing whatsoever to do with you personally doesn't help MI stigma.
Just sayin'

Back to the topic subject…
I just finished watching the video posted by OneLostGirl and if JH has the same illness that Diana Dial has, and firepower is an indication of how deep the rabbit hole might go, then JH must believe he has ALOT of enemies! He had enough explosives and firepower to take on a small army...

I am for MI getting proper recognition, as they need it. I think if that happened early on this guy would have been saved to some extent.
Not that they would have fixed his brain, but that they would have stabilized him.

I do take it personally with each MI that is not taken care of.
My daughter is MI. And I do not want to see any establishment that should have done better get away with it.

Disclaimer: I'm not here to justify the actions of the Aurora shooting. Nothing can warrent such a ridiculous act. Instead, I'm going to give you some background on a side that not even the media has covered. After a few days of digesting this, I decided to write my thoughts about it all and kinda describe what I've been thinking".

THANK YOU ladeda.

Yes, it's here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179934&page=3
post #59 discussing what music might have been playing in the apt. that night. I didn't post it in the links as it is hearsay…but yes, it was interesting...

Just saw this image from JH's grad school application. He was referred to as "Llama" because of it.

d2fe87a048c1820a8e2a08fa0384.jpg

The only part of his application that seemed odd was the photo he submitted: a photo of himself, standing next to a llama.

It was not clear whether he used the photo to make his application memorable, although it seemed to work. Samuel Beshers, neuroscience program co-ordinator, referred to Holmes as “llama” in emails. Beshers did not return a message left at the school.

Holmes eventually declined the school’s acceptance by email, writing: “My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Best wishes in your candidate search.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...-sheds-light-on-shooting-suspect-james-holmes

Just saw this image from JH's grad school application. He was referred to as "Llama" because of it.

d2fe87a048c1820a8e2a08fa0384.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...-sheds-light-on-shooting-suspect-james-holmes

I saw that photo when reading his roommates review recently.

I think he was a nice looking man...Compare it to how he looks today.
That kind of unraveling takes a long time.Just as I said very early on….

And since it is MI they will not give a darn, but protect the University. :(:(

At first all I saw was EVIL, but within a couple of days I changed my mind.
ALL I see is MISSHANDLED.

Interesting piece, especially when it came to the verdict & the assumption MI is treated in prison.
For those who have not seen it, it's about a woman with paranoid schizophrenia who went untreated for years, leaving multiple signs in multiple communities & to her family & nobody was able to force her to get help. She remains floridly psychotic in prison.

I think a big difference here is that James Holmes appears to have had Schizoid Personality Disorder much of his life. This would mean he would most likely not be sharing his delusional thoughts with anyone. Whatever signs of his deterioration, which Holmes kept hidden, were only astute observations by either his family or the psychiatrist.

=This would mean he would most likely not be sharing his delusional thoughts with anyone. Whatever signs of his deterioration, which Holmes kept hidden, were only astute observations by either his family or the psychiatrist.

While he may not share them (until Fenton) he must be aware of them and that might possibly be the reason for his chosen studies. He was to give a presentation on the "Biological Basis of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders." Sounds like he was trying to discover the source of his own problems.?

What little I know about neuroscience is that their is a lot of animal testing to see what chemicals might work for certain symptoms. Briefly the thought entered my mind that he might have experimented with lab meds. I know that sounds ridiculous.

The hardest thing for someone (or their family) to deal with regarding MI is the ignorance of others. You can fight it but at some point you have to let it go or it will tear you down.

I posted this in the documents thread, but it may be applicable here.

AP released a lot of documents relating to his applications to graduate school. It included his resume and his "personal statement", the longest text that I have seen written by Holmes himself:

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_documents/holmes_application.pdf

Rational people act based on incentives for self-fulfillment, including fulfilling needs of self-development and needs of feeling useful and helpful to others. I look forward to fulfilling my quest to advance my knowledge and I plan to use my critical thinking skills by studying the subject I am passionate about, neuroscience.

I desire to attend graduate study at the University of Illinois, a leader and innovator in scientific research, because the university will provide opportunities to pursue my foremost passions, the science of learning, cognition and memory. I have always been fascinated by the complexities of a long lost thought seemingly arising out of nowhere into a stream of awareness. These fascinations likely stemmed from my interest in puzzles and paradoxes as an adolescent and continued through my curiosity in academic research.

Making new discoveries in neuroscience is intrinsically rewarding in its own right. I have an unquenchable curiosity, a strong desire to know and explore the unknown, and a need to persist against the odds. Graduate study at the University of Illinois will provide a focus for me to perform and achieve through neuroscience research. To prepare myself for graduate study at the University of Illinois, I sought involvement in a general array of academic research. My first summer internship, at the Salk Institute of Biological Studies, was done while I was still in high school. Working in Terrence Sejnowsky's computational neurobiology lab, I had little experience in computer programming and the work was challenging to say the least. Nonetheless, I taught myself how to program in Flash and then constructed a cross-temporal calibration model. The purpose of this model was to show an illusion between cause and effect
relationships. In this illusion, the mind is actually tricked into believing an action precedes the event that caused it. Completing the project and presenting my model at the end of the internship was exhilarating and I believe graduate study at the University of Illinois will provide commensurate opportunities for a satisfying neuroscience research experience.

Another laboratory I worked in was within the department of chemistry at the University of California, Riverside. Having previously been exposed to a computational approach, I wanted to explore the facets of chemical analysis. Beginning by making buffer solutions, I soon advanced into more complicated techniques. These included performing high performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and ultra violet spectroscopy on a modified twelve mer dna sequence. With the end product we bombarded the dna with ultra violet rays to observe cancerous effects. Although I don't plan on curing cancer in graduate school I believe this research experience is worthwhile and relevant to my goals of contributing to neuroscience. Only with a multidisciplinary
perspective to the specialized field of neuroscience can we hope to fully understand the brain.

The most recent laboratory I worked in was the Flight Lab in the department of cellular biology and neuroscience. Working in this lab enabled me to distinguish structural and quantitative differences in neural systems at a lower level of functional analysis. I dissected various flight muscles of Passeriformes and then stained their motor end plates. With these stained muscles, I compared their arrangements to the stained muscles of hummingbirds, which have a unique motor end plate pattern. In the future my goal is to analyze and study higher neural functional levels of analysis such as learning and memory.

Researching learning and memory interests me because these are the very cognitive processes which enable us to acquire information and retain it. They are at the core of what distinguishes us as people. Due to the seemingly infinite vastness of indefinite knowledge we must be selective in our pursuits of knowledge. This is why I have chosen to study the primary source of all things, our own minds.

Ultimately, I aspire to become a cognitive neuroscientist. I intend to continue performing research after graduate school in either academic or public sectors. My lifelong goal is to increase the efficiency of how human beings learn and remember.

There is a LOT of information in those released files, including emails between Holmes and Uni's setting up appointments and things, I haven't even read all of it yet, but a lot of it comes from the shooter directly.

He does sign them, "Cheers"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back