The DWT - The Truck(s?) and the Surveillance Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very early on a poster thought that some of the Circle K customers looked Latino. If so, they prob would not have talked to LE. My people, Latinos, especially when they're undocumented, always feel the 'the nail that sticks out gets hammered' so they never 'see' much.
However, I do think that, or hope that, if BSL hit her that soon, they would have done something. Said something. Maybe it's just a cultural wish. There were photos of Mickey in La Morenita, & I asked around. 'No, Señora, nostotros no sabemos nada.' I asked mostly women. Maybe that's also a cultural thing. There's not enough time or space for me to go into the anthropological aspects of Latino culture in alien territories.
JMO, absolutamente..

People in general will often not involve themselves for various reasons. Whether they don't want attention drawn to themselves, fear retribution or simply don't have time.

I have been guilty of the same. I've seen couples fighting/arguing and just figured they would work it out. One time I saw a man walking down the street wheeling a dolly with a safe tied to it. I figured that if he was walking down a public street with a safe then it must be his. I have seen cars being bumped in parking lots and didn't report it.

If I saw a person hit by a truck or being abducted I would definitely call but I don't have anything to hide. Only thing is, even if you saw this you naturally try to justify it as ok or they wouldn't be doing it right there in the open.

:moo:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...32/Police-continue-search-white-pickup-driver

The white, four-door Chevrolet Z71 pickup — captured by the City Hall surveillance camera facing St. Landry Street — can be seen crossing University Avenue at 1:48 a.m. May 19. The same video camera captured Michaela "Mickey" Shunick riding her bicycle alone down St. Landry Street heading toward St. Mary Boulevard a minute or so earlier.

So IMO this means he was right behind her.

snipped and bolded from CajunStrongs timeline

May 19, 2012, 3:00 p.m.: BSL says he was attacked at a gas station in the New Orleans area, repeatedly stabbed by an unknown man.

Going with the theory that there is a little bit of truth in every lie. Perhaps the truth in this lie IS the attack at a gas station...the truth being BSL attacking Mickey in front of the gas station.
IMO

:moo:

So IMO this means he was right behind her.

Exactly. On multiple websites including the Layayette government site Mickey is listed as being seen on the LCG camera at 1:48am. Originally I thought the white truck, later to be determined as Brandon, was seen on this camera at 1:49am. But now all sources I can find, and there are not many, also say he was seen on this camera at 1:48am. Any reference to his truck being there at 1:49am is gone.

This leads more credibility to the actual bicycle hit being there. Although, I do still think maybe she made it down towards St. Mary before he was able to abduct her. But I don't know that as a fact.

Exactly. On multiple websites including the Layayette government site Mickey is listed as being seen on the LCG camera at 1:48am. Originally I thought the white truck, later to be determined as Brandon, was seen on this camera at 1:49am. But now all sources I can find, and there are not many, also say he was seen on this camera at 1:48am. Any reference to his truck being there at 1:49am is gone.

This leads more credibility to the actual bicycle hit being her. Although, I do still think maybe she made it down towards St. Mary before he was able to abduct her. But I don't know that as a fact.

I have always wondered if she may have traveled a little way on foot (or, at least, not on her bike -- if injured badly, she might not have been able to truly walk :( )

I have always wondered if she may have traveled a little way on foot (or, at least, not on her bike -- if injured badly, she might not have been able to truly walk :( )

I have often wondered how badly she was injured when hit by his truck. We may never know, unless forensic exam shows broken bones, and even then, we could only guess as to whether it was a result of being hit by the truck or whether it occurred later :(

BTW, Backwoods, maybe you won't have headaches reading my posts now. I hope you find a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic more calming than me banging my head on the computer...lol.

I have often wondered how badly she was injured when hit by his truck. We may never know, unless forensic exam shows broken bones, and even then, we could only guess as to whether it was a result of being hit by the truck or whether it occurred later :(

BTW, Backwoods, maybe you won't have headaches reading my posts now. I hope you find a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic more calming than me banging my head on the computer...lol.

Infinitely more calming, SteveP -- well done! My head feels better already -- and I like to think that yours does, too!

This leads more credibility to the actual bicycle hit being there. Although, I do still think maybe she made it down towards St. Mary before he was able to abduct her. But I don't know that as a fact.

I do believe the little bit of truth in every lie, the time within seconds, the video evidence, coupled with time constraints, etc. that he did hit her on her bike here while she was slowing, stopped, or thinking of turning into the circle K. She may have known there were cameras there, lots of lights, open business and she may have felt him following her. Smart girl. I would have stopped/slowed here too and maybe used my phone to call and say hey "some creep is following me, come get me at the circle k and take me home after all"- He probably hurt her pretty badly. I think somewhere between St. Mary and Coliseum he assaulted her - if he assaulted her. Much like the incident in N.C. but she was too injured to get away.

OR

could be that is also his truck after grabbing her and her bike and headed straight back the other way minutes later, out of town towards whiskey bay. He didn't know how badly she was hurt and planned to assault her there and leave her there with the bike but changed his mind for whatever reason.

I really wish somebody who knew/knows BSL had and would post a photo of his 2011 before it was burned. During the day, full view, both sides, would be great. Wouldn't that be handy?

I do believe the little bit of truth in every lie, the time within seconds, the video evidence, coupled with time constraints, etc. that he did hit her on her bike here while she was slowing, stopped, or thinking of turning into the circle K. She may have known there were cameras there, lots of lights, open business and she may have felt him following her. Smart girl. I would have stopped/slowed here too and maybe used my phone to call and say hey "some creep is following me, come get me at the circle k and take me home after all"- He probably hurt her pretty badly. I think somewhere between St. Mary and Coliseum he assaulted her - if he assaulted her. Much like the incident in N.C. but she was too injured to get away.

OR

could be that is also his truck after grabbing her and her bike and headed straight back the other way minutes later, out of town towards whiskey bay. He didn't know how badly she was hurt and planned to assault her there and leave her there with the bike but changed his mind for whatever reason.

I really wish somebody who knew/knows BSL had and would post a photo of his 2011 before it was burned. During the day, full view, both sides, would be great. Wouldn't that be handy?

Wish we knew so much more! I would think she was hurt pretty badly too.

I am sure someone probably has a photo of his truck. Maybe someone would have taken one during an outing with the kids or something. We will probably never see it :)

This truck is not Brandon's and is not related to him in any way.

I wonder if the black mark by the gas cover here is the same type of substance we see on his truck in the LCG photo, on the passenger door.

Attachments

• Oilfield Truck.jpg
    Oilfield Truck.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 23
  • White Truck New.jpg
    White Truck New.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 97
This truck is not Brandon's and is not related to him in any way.

I wonder if the black mark by the gas cover here is the same type of substance we see on his truck in the LCG photo, on the passenger door.

BBM:
I think the black mark on the truck that isn't BSLs, is gas from overflowing. I have had gas overflow when pumping, and it leaves a trail like that. Then it collects dirt. :smile:

BBM:
I think the black mark on the truck that isn't BSLs, is gas from overflowing. I have had gas overflow when pumping, and it leaves a trail like that. Then it collects dirt. :smile:

exactly! you beat me to it :)

BBM:

That makes sense!

That makes sense!

So ... I know some have felt the black mark on the DWTIQ is a shadow from the sign, etc. -- but say it's not; say it's a similar "dirt trail". It's not by the gas cap, though. What else could have caused dirt to adhere? A sugary drink poured out the passenger window comes to mind... What else?

It's weird, but one thing that I am seeing now, since you re-posted the photos, CajunStrong (and by the way, thanks!), is the appearance of markings or something on the passenger side door of the truck in "the" photo -- right next to the black mark. I remember others talking about these before -- remember a suggestion that it might be a Wood Group logo. I don't think it's that -- it's kind of reminiscent, though. If there is indeed anything there (because I do realize it could be illusory), I'm almost starting to wonder if someone graffiti-ed his truck -- maybe the mark could be from some sort of vandalism, as well. (I know all this is reaching a little -- just posting sort of free-association here.)

So ... I know some have felt the black mark on the DWTIQ is a shadow from the sign, etc. -- but say it's not; say it's a similar "dirt trail". It's not by the gas cap, though. What else could have caused dirt to adhere? A sugary drink poured out the passenger window comes to mind... What else?

i worked for the city of lafayette/lafayette consolidated government for over 12 years...i attended city council meetings in the building where this camera is located MANY times...the parking lot is very brightly lit...i guess i'm not answering your question the way you'd like me to, but knowing the area as i do, i think it is as simple as a shadow.

i worked for the city of lafayette/lafayette consolidated government for over 12 years...i attended city council meetings in the building where this camera is located MANY times...the parking lot is very brightly lit...i guess i'm not answering your question the way you'd like me to, but knowing the area as i do, i think it is as simple as a shadow.

You are answering from your insight -- that's good by me!

It's weird, but one thing that I am seeing now, since you re-posted the photos, CajunStrong (and by the way, thanks!), is the appearance of markings or something on the passenger side door of the truck in "the" photo -- right next to the black mark. I remember others talking about these before -- remember a suggestion that it might be a Wood Group logo. I don't think it's that -- it's kind of reminiscent, though. If there is indeed anything there (because I do realize it could be illusory), I'm almost starting to wonder if someone graffiti-ed his truck -- maybe the mark could be from some sort of vandalism, as well. (I know all this is reaching a little -- just posting sort of free-association here.)

I don't know. I don't personally see anything else on the door other than the long black mark that does appear to be some type of substance. It's difficult to tell it is would be something poured down the door or splashed up from the ground.

There is something over the rear wheel well that we thought could be a Wood Group logo on a saddle type tool box. We were never completely confident what that is back there but it is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth