New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for the locals. Has there been any word whether MSM or cajun net regarding a plea agreement? I would have thought some word of a plea agreement would have started getting around by now. Maybe its just me being impatient.

UGGGHHHHH! What would it take for our newspaper to be PROFESSIONAL enough to check facts, and to right a wrong when they make one?

Hubby told me this morning that I am being too "hard" on the Advertiser. He says the name tells it all.....it is there to Advertise and what news we get is just lagniappe.

Do we know for sure the Advertiser got it wrong & not the Advocate?

Shaving kit? I'm declaring shenanigans.

He only shaves in jail.

According to the report, the truck was found about 40 miles from where he was staying. I have no idea as to the quality of, or which roads he may have taken to get from his sister's to where the truck was located, but I would think it would be no more than an hour drive, absolute tops. So he slips out his bedroom window and leaves around 3am, while the sister is most likely sound asleep (we know he has experience slipping in and out of windows), he gets to where he drops the truck and torches it, he gets back in time to slip back in and be there in time to get up as if nothing happened, goes to his truck to get his shaving kit, and wow, no truck...there is his alibi (he thinks). This seems to me to be the most likely scenario, but if it did happen like this, he HAD to have had someone to drive him back to his sister's, it seems...ALL MOO and JMO.

Maybe he bought a bike? At 10mph it would have taken him 4 hours to bike back. Maybe he left at 11pm , drove an hour, started the fire & rode back?

Wonder if any of the relatives have a motorcycle he could have grabbed the keys to and put into his truck?

Or he could have hitchhiked HWY 150 west to HWY 49 to Conroe and not involved the family.

He may have brought whatever he was using to set fire to the truck with him from LA and scoured out for a place to burn it on his way there. Then went back later.

He only shaves in jail.

Guys who work offshore usually keep all their toiletries in a shaving kit- toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, etc as well as shaving supplies.

Maybe he bought a bike? At 10mph it would have taken him 4 hours to bike back. Maybe he left at 11pm , drove an hour, started the fire & rode back?

Wonder if any of the relatives have a motorcycle he could have grabbed the keys to and put into his truck?

Or he could have hitchhiked HWY 150 west to HWY 49 to Conroe and not involved the family.

He may have brought whatever he was using to set fire to the truck with him from LA and scoured out for a place to burn it on his way there. Then went back later.

BBM...I doubt he would have risked being gone for that length of time, but all of the rest of your thoughts seem very plausible to me.

There is the weak link, imo. The biological sister; the only person that BS Lavergne would have feelings/empathy for...He would protect her..She is why BS Lavergne, came clean, imo..

But is it the bio sister? I thought he had a sister that was conceived by his adoptive father and the new wife (after the divorce). I thought she lived in TX.

Maybe he rode her bike back, then ditched it at WB.

Those trucks are fairly loud. It seems unlikely he could have done this without waking her but I guess it is possible. Either way, my best guess is that he had help. There aren't a lot of reasonable ways he could have returned back undetected.

As far as him visiting the sister in Texas when the truck disappeared, I just had a thought...maybe it was the sister that caved on him. We had been told by someone claiming inside knowledge that LE was aware of his family in Texas, and his movements there. Dont think that poster was verified, but just say he was right, and LE shows up at the sister's house interrogating her about his visit...Is it out of the realm of believeability that she ratted him out?

ETA...we had heard a family member may have been instrumental in his arrest...we assumed it was his mother...could it have been his sister?

Guys who work offshore usually keep all their toiletries in a shaving kit- toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, etc as well as shaving supplies.

I travel a bit in my career, and I do the same.

But what I was referring to is the fact that the only pics of BSL I've seen where he is clean shaven are his post-booking mugshots.

As far as him visiting the sister in Texas when the truck diappeared, I just had a thought...maybe it was the sister that caved on him. We had been told by someone claiming inside knowledge that LE was aware of his family in Texas, and his movements there. Dont think that poster was verified, but just say he was right, and LE shows up and the sister's house interrogating her about his visit...Is it out of the realm of believeability that she ratted him out?

Very possible, SteveP.. She would not want to be an accessory to murder..
If she felt that BSL was dishonest with her, and using her, which he would have been, imo.
She would have been very upset, imo...

As far as him visiting the sister in Texas when the truck disappeared, I just had a thought...maybe it was the sister that caved on him. We had been told by someone claiming inside knowledge that LE was aware of his family in Texas, and his movements there. Dont think that poster was verified, but just say he was right, and LE shows up at the sister's house interrogating her about his visit...Is it out of the realm of believeability that she ratted him out?

ETA...we had heard a family member may have been instrumental in his arrest...we assumed it was his mother...could it have been his sister?

i don't think that there was anyone out there that KNEW what he had done. there were people suspicious of his wounds, stories, and behaviors, but I don't think he confessed before his arrest. i think he confessed to a family member while he or she was visiting him in jail.

surely he didn't tell his biological sister what he had done and she's been quiet until last week. that would be AWFUL of her

I travel a bit in my career, and I do the same.

But what I was referring to is the fact that the only pics of BSL I've seen where he is clean shaven are his post-booking mugshots.

Ok.. I got ya now! Maybe his GF liked the scruffy look? ;)

:crazy:
KATC had 5 pm news about BSLs stay May 30 at his sisters in Texas. When he went to retrieve his shaving kit, his truck was missing..... They stated the truck was found burned about 40 miles from his sisters. They suspect he burned the truck and unsure how he returned to his sisters home.

Very interesting...... Sorry. I was cooking so I wasn't expecting to take notes by paying greater attention.... No link yet.

** ETA LINK
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

when did it become KNOWN that he stayed at his sister's?? i took a break from WS for a few days and must have missed this important tidbit

oops. i missed the link in his post.

i don't think that there was anyone out there that KNEW what he had done. there were people suspicious of his wounds, stories, and behaviors, but I don't think he confessed before his arrest. i think he confessed to a family member while he or she was visiting him in jail.

surely he didn't tell his biological sister what he had done and she's been quiet until last week. that would be AWFUL of her

BBM...I wasnt implying that he told her what he had done..I frankly still dont beleieve he has truly told anyone what he has done, not completely anyway. My thoughts were that she had surely seen his truck when he came, before it was "stolen and torched"..maybe she saw front end damage consistent with hitting a bike...or maybe she awoke during teh night and realized he was gone...any number of things she may have told if questioned...JMO

They said he last saw his truck around 10pm when going to bed, it was parked in the driveway. At 5:30am he went out to get his shaving kit and it was gone, the truck was found burning at 4am

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Sorry I didn't see you post the link and I edited mine to add....
Thank for posting link..... :rocker:

P.S.
I didn't see the 5 pm news so my mistake I saw the news report at 6pm.
I lost track of time and thought it was 5 pm news. Sorry, for my aging brain. LOL

Little FYI - In the early 1900s & before most children went without a name til age 5, due to the mortality rate. The parents didn't want to get too attached...There are family plots with Boy & Girl scratched on them, all over these majestic mountains...
As an experienced grave dowser, and Appalachian people & Apalachee Indian/Moundwellers history buff, I know these things..

Not the Acadians, or the French who came directly to Louisiana from France! I have an ancestor who was lived in Canada, and left for France before the French were forcibly pushed out. He and his wife had seven children, from age six to newborn, and they all died on the voyage back to France. Every one of those babies had a name......all first names were Marie, whether the child was a girl or a boy. The baby was born on the boat, and died before they arrived in France. The little momma wrote a long, very very sad letter about how her baby would not be in heaven with his brothers and sisters, because he had not been baptized by a priest.

I'm a genealogical "freak" and I've got my family back into the 1500's (1400's for my Irish ancestors), and to be honest, I've only come across two newborns who were NOT named.....I think they were stillborns, but I know for sure they died the day they were born.

There is the weak link, imo. The biological sister; the only person that BS Lavergne would have feelings/empathy for...He would protect her..She is why BS Lavergne, came clean, imo..

I have heard that BSL was visited in jail by his adoptive father and adoptive brother. I have not heard if his sister has visited him. Whatever caused him to come clean, Praise God.

<modsnip>

My personal opinion
is that his defense lawyers cornered him with what the state has and BSL realized that the death penalty was a distinct possibility.

<modsnip>

Do we know for sure the Advertiser got it wrong & not the Advocate?

I know the Advocate got it wrong, the Advertiser has made other errors.

He only shaves in jail.

You are so funny! If Brandon is like my Cajun relatives, he can grow a beard in under one day.......I think he probably shaved regularly.

Hubby doesn't go offshore too much anymore, but he still has a fully packed duffel bag, including a shaving kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288