New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for sure the Advertiser got it wrong & not the Advocate?
Yes and no.
The Advocate article I linked is from 1998 when the murder occurred.
The Advocate - Oct 29, 1998
The body was found off Aubrey Ozenne Road in St. Martin Parish, Thibodeaux said. Investigators are still trying to determine the identity of the person and the ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=dan...pw.r_qf.&fp=27b7a24153c382d7&biw=1366&bih=592

The Advocate - Oct 31, 1998
The body of Danielle Thibodeaux, 24, was found in a wooded area off Aubrey Ozenne Road in St. Martin Parish, Braud said.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

https://www.google.com/search?q=dan...pw.r_qf.&fp=27b7a24153c382d7&biw=1366&bih=592

BUT...on December 27, 2002, The Advertiser published an article about five unsolved Acadiana murders:
Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said.

That same month, in Oct. 1999, a hunter in St. Martin Parish found the badly decomposed body of 24-year-old Danielle Thibodeaux of Breaux Bridge.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

Looks like The Advertiser got the incorrect info from the The Advocate.

Yes, you're right!

I don't know how to post the map location either but if you look closely, you'll see that Hues Road fades out and then starts up again nearby--just like another piece of a stray thread. The area looks fairly isolated from the satellite view. :detective:

The truth is out there.
--Fox Mulder

definitely looks isolated. the google man won't even take a walk around. it just amazes me picturing BSL on all these back roads with all his stories. he was cooking up all sorts of crazy lies all over the place!

My mind keeps going back to a post about warrants for a place that handles excavators. Am I remembering this correctly? I don't know how to navigate these forums very well to look back. IMO it is possible that LE told BSL that the excavator had GPS and it was only a matter of time before they located Mickey. (This could be true, some of the newer machinery is equipped with GPS for run away renters these days) but regardless it may have been the pressure he needed to crack. This is all just theory of course.
I like what you said here.
I think they knew he had rented/borrowed an excavator and when. Perhaps there was a receipt in his home. If there were a GPS on it, then they (LE)would have known where he took it, just needing the exact location.
JMO

In doing a little research I discovered that the excavating and dirt service, located at the address of the dumpster mentioned in the documents, is owned by a man who has the same last name as BSLs girlfriend's maiden name. Possibly that is her father's business? I don't think BSL used an excavator, more likely LE thinks/thought he may have used their dumpster to get rid of evidence.

ETA: I can't provide links because some are facebook accounts of people who are not involved.

Does anybody know if his sister was home when he was staying at her house? Why was he staying there? Was it because his father was in the hospital?

The san Jacinto report states that the location was HUES ROAD ,SHEPHERD ,TX 77371

I don't know how to post a google map but maybe someone will come along who does.

I looks like a small gravel road off of fm 223

Hmm.. That's a bit of a ways from Coldspring!

It is however in walking distance to the HWY. I wonder if there's any truck stops around there?

Hmm.. That's a bit of a ways from Coldspring!

It is however in walking distance to the HWY. I wonder if there's any truck stops around there?
or rest stops/areas?

In doing a little research I discovered that the excavating and dirt service, located at the address of the dumpster mentioned in the documents, is owned by a man who has the same last name as BSLs girlfriend's maiden name. Possibly that is her father's business? I don't think BSL used an excavator, more likely LE thinks/thought he may have used their dumpster to get rid of evidence.

mmmmm. That's interest about it possibly being a relationship with BSL. Makes me think more towards premeditation, being they had useful machinery and dumpsters he could use to his advantage.
I had heard that the grave was deep, so I was wondering how he got it so deep and an excavator would do the job.
And the dumpster could also prove useful to him. But I never heard of them searching any dumpsites. I could be wrong. Do you know if they did?

Yes and no.
The Advocate article I linked is from 1998 when the murder occurred.
The Advocate - Oct 29, 1998
The body was found off Aubrey Ozenne Road in St. Martin Parish, Thibodeaux said. Investigators are still trying to determine the identity of the person and the ...

The Advocate - Oct 31, 1998
The body of Danielle Thibodeaux, 24, was found in a wooded area off Aubrey Ozenne Road in St. Martin Parish, Braud said.

BUT...on December 27, 2002, The Advertiser published an article about five unsolved Acadiana murders:
Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said.

That same month, in Oct. 1999, a hunter in St. Martin Parish found the badly decomposed body of 24-year-old Danielle Thibodeaux of Breaux Bridge.

Looks like The Advertiser got the incorrect info from the The Advocate.

LOOK at where he worked in Broussard and where she was found. it's a straight shot! i've driven back there before, and it's definitely backroads, yet close to evangeline thruway at the same time

http://goo.gl/maps/NT9zK

definitely looks isolated. the google man won't even take a walk around. it just amazes me picturing BSL on all these back roads with all his stories. he was cooking up all sorts of crazy lies all over the place!

And no witnesses .......

Question:
Can we sleuth or discuss RSO's whose last name is Lavergne?
There are 8 in Lafayette parish. I am curious about 4 of them...convictions involve minors, tier 1,2, and 3. Wondering if they know bsl...
K.jill, you can sleuth them on your own, naturally, but you can't post about them here because there are no other named POI's or suspects in any of BSL's known crimes.

Is there a chance that he didn't leave his car alarm on??
That they all sleep heavily??
So nobody knew if anybody was there, or in, or out??

Dona, I wonder same thing.
Just my curiosity in trying to brainstorm about the time frame of that day. I would love to know the answers to these.

Q. Are there cameras in the complex if she rents? Do they really sleep that heavily?

Q. Did bsl meet with LE to report his truck stolen with a heavy unshaved beard?

Q. Were the remains of bsl shaving kit found in the burnt truck?

Q. Did LE find a new or old shaving kit when they did a search of BSLs property in Lawtell?

Also, seems unusual that the report of bsl's dwt truck fire (around 4am) was prior to bsl reporting his truck being stolen (after 6:30am) called to report 6:46am.
Why would someone steal a truck for just a few hours then set on fire? Wouldn't the thief have had to bring the excellerant probably along when he stole the truck?

Q. Are there statistics on the time frame from a vehicle theft to it usually being found burned?
JMO The time frame seems very very short.

** Hopefully foxfire, having great knowledge, can shed some light on issues!!

ETA to add time BSL called mtgry county to report stole truck.

When police had the press conference after BSL's arrest I believe the chief said it was information from a family member that led to the arrest. (I cannot find a transcript of the presser now, but I think the chief said that)

Many of us took this to mean either his fiance' or his fiance's family (the Tiger Droppings poster). Maybe it actually meant his sister- she had been hoodwinked into either helping him get back from where he burned the truck (I would assume if this is the case, she didn't know why he had put the truck there, etc.; surely he had a good story) or simply knew his stolen truck story was fishy...and eventually called it in to LE once she heard about Mickey's case and put the pieces together.

This is just a possibility I'm thinking of, not saying it's for sure what happened...thoughts?

As far as him visiting the sister in Texas when the truck disappeared, I just had a thought...maybe it was the sister that caved on him. We had been told by someone claiming inside knowledge that LE was aware of his family in Texas, and his movements there. Dont think that poster was verified, but just say he was right, and LE shows up at the sister's house interrogating her about his visit...Is it out of the realm of believeability that she ratted him out?

ETA...we had heard a family member may have been instrumental in his arrest...we assumed it was his mother...could it have been his sister?

I think if she was a normal, sane person, she would tell the truth in this situation even if she loved her brother.

K.jill, you can sleuth them on your own, naturally, but you can't post about them here because there are no other named POI's or suspects in any of BSL's known crimes.

Thanks Bessie,
I did sleuth them on my own...and got a headache.
If only there was a sub forum called: k.jill's questions for wiser sleuthers in her quest for understanding the ununderstandable.

mmmmm. That's interest about it possibly being a relationship with BSL. Makes me think more towards premeditation, being they had useful machinery and dumpsters he could use to his advantage.
I had heard that the grave was deep, so I was wondering how he got it so deep and an excavator would do the job.
And the dumpster could also prove useful to him. But I never heard of them searching any dumpsites. I could be wrong. Do you know if they did?

If by a dumpsite you mean sites were the dumpster was emptied? I am not sure, personally. Maybe someone else would know the answer to that. From what I am remembering, LE had a search warrant for a dumpster which was at a certain address. That address is the excavating business. The reason I think BSL probably did not use an excavator at the Pinseclair Cemetery is twofold:

1) LE seems to have ONLY wanted a warrant to search the businesses dumpster. Maybe they will go back with another warrant, but until then I believe the dumpster was the area of interest at that address.

2) I believe that reports say the grave was in the woods. I don't think it would be easy to maneuver an excavator through the woods in a manner which would not make it obvious ie leaving a big trail right to the body.

maybe he hitched his sister's car and returned it before sunup. good thinking lera

sisters is a good one too Justwannahelp! Heck the keys would be laying around, he wouldn't have to hotwire it or risk much. He could have given his sister something in a drink like a few MELATONIN in a drink to make sure she wouldn't wake up too. Dang see how our heads together become smart. :floorlaugh:

sisters is a good one too Justwannahelp! Heck the keys would be laying around, he wouldn't have to hotwire it or risk much. He could have given his sister something in a drink like a few MELATONIN in a drink to make sure she wouldn't wake up too. Dang see how our heads together become smart. :floorlaugh:

IMO
That is great sleuthing!

Thanks Bessie,
I did sleuth them on my own...and got a headache.
If only there was a sub forum called: k.jill's questions for wiser sleuthers in her quest for understanding the ununderstandable.

i need a subforum called help for justwannahelp :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members