PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was just the cover letter of the warrant? But she came off like she read through the warrant or something. Why wouldn't they want to report what's in the warrant? And if they can't, LE wouldn't have just faxed over the warrant for her to have, would they?

Maybe it was just the cover letter of the warrant? But she came off like she read through the warrant or something. Why wouldn't they want to report what's in the warrant? And if they can't, LE wouldn't have just faxed over the warrant for her to have, would they?
The warrant was sealed, so I think JVM only had the cover page. Remember, she said the DA's office didn't respond for comments on the show, which leads me to assume there has been no recent contact with LE.

The warrant was sealed, no?

I think she was only able to see what was contained on the cover letter, which gave some details...

http://www.abc27.com/story/19263796/palmyra-womans-disappearance-investigated-as-kidnapping

According to the first page of a search warrant issued in the case last week, "kidnapping" and "unlawful restraint" are the violations under which investigators looked through Kortne Stouffer's apartment and car.

The remainder of the search warrant has been sealed.

She could have gotten it from someone that shouldnt have it if she made any part of it public she would go to jail .

I believe that is sealed!

"The Stouffer’s say police have told them some sensitive information that has helped them narrow the searches friends and family organized on their own."

http://www.whptv.com/content/Archive...-j_0ozsHw.cspx

At least we know that they have a little more information. But it still doesn't sound like a lot because it seems like they still have no idea what happened or where she could be. However, I am curious as to what this "sensitive" information is. I'm sure it will leak out at some point by someone.

I was thinking back to my fun-and-party years. If I crashed at someone's house, woke up in the morning and my host wasn't there, I would assume s/he was out and about and not just up and vanished. Even if I saw her dog, purse, shoes and cell phone, not knowing her daily routine, I would think she is out with friends. Disappearing is so foreign to me and frankly would not have crossed my mind under the circumstances.

While sleep-over guy has to be on the hot seat, there could be an innocent explanation. Maybe he just had the misfortune of being the last person to see her.

I do agree, though, that Kortne was no longer in the apartment when the police showed up the second time.

I was thinking back to my fun-and-party years. If I crashed at someone's house, woke up in the morning and my host wasn't there, I would assume s/he was out and about and not just up and vanished. Even if I saw her dog, purse, shoes and cell phone, not knowing her daily routine, I would think she is out with friends. Disappearing is so foreign to me and frankly would not have crossed my mind under the circumstances.

While sleep-over guy has to be on the hot seat, there could be an innocent explanation. Maybe he just had the misfortune of being the last person to see her.

I do agree, though, that Kortne was no longer in the apartment when the police showed up the second time.

In the 20 minute response time, anything could have happened.

I'm not blaming LE. They could have been tied up with something that at the time seemed more urgent. There was no reason for them to believe Kortne was an endangered person at that point. It's a small department.

http://palmyraborough.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=62

Still...LE just goes away when no one answers at either place? What if both parties were dead in one of the apartments, from a stabbing or something? Just seems suspicious to me that LE just leaves and goes on their way without making sure, somehow, that everyone was at least alive. I think that is partly why LE is so quiet now.

Still...LE just goes away when no one answers at either place? What if both parties were dead in one of the apartments, from a stabbing or something? Just seems suspicious to me that LE just leaves and goes on their way without making sure, somehow, that everyone was at least alive. I think that is partly why LE is so quiet now.

True. Especially if it turns out that the neighbor is somehow involved.

They've only searched the building one time, I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

In the 20 minute response time, anything could have happened.

I'm not blaming LE. They could have been tied up with something that at the time seemed more urgent. There was no reason for them to believe Kortne was an endangered person at that point. It's a small department.

http://palmyraborough.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=62

I heard from someone tied to LE that the 20 minute response time is false. But they didn't tell me how long it really did take. So I would take it for what it's worth. Maybe it's false, maybe it's not? I don't know where they would've gotten the 4:31 am arrival but who knows. I was just told this yesterday and don't think to post a lot of stuff until I read something that pertains to it or contradicts what I heard. But I would say until they tell us the arrival time which they did for the first visit, 4:31 am arrival is probably what we should use in timeline but maybe have an asterisk? The source is pretty strong and tied directly to LE.

Oh and the same source said that they definitely did knock on the doors. They didn't just drive by like we had speculated a few days ago might have happened.

Oh and the same source said that they definitely did knock on the doors. They didn't just drive by like we had speculated a few days ago might have happened.

Anyone more familiar with law enforcement than I know whether it's standard to knock and leave if there's no answer? Perhaps it depends on the type of call?

Anyone more familiar with law enforcement than I know whether it's standard to knock and leave if there's no answer? Perhaps it depends on the type of call?

I wish we knew; they had just been there so they knew people were home, that there was a real incident, i.e. not a joke. So I am having a hard time with LE not making contact with anyone at all, just going away after almost half an hour-what did they do for that long of a period of time?

Don't police cars have dash cams and recording of everything they do on a call? If they turned around or into the alley at all to see the front of the house, it should show what cars were there and if there were lights on and how long the officer stayed out of the car. It also would show cars that passed them as they arrived. Shouldnt be too many at that hour to check out.

Do we know anything about the dash cams?

I wish we knew; they had just been there so they knew people were home, that there was a real incident, i.e. not a joke. So I am having a hard time with LE not making contact with anyone at all, just going away after almost half an hour-what did they do for that long of a period of time?

I think the posted timeline (not necessarily accurate) indicates that LE was on site for about 5 minutes for the second call.

Yeah, if they were truly there for say 20 minutes or so like I'm told, I don't know what they would've done for that time. If LE is concerned enough to stay there for 20 minutes, you would think that they'd do more than just walk away after no answer. But I did read or hear somewhere that they would still need a warrant to come in or at least probable cause. Unless the neighbor reported screaming or something violent, I don't think stomping would fall under it. There may not have been much the officer could've done legally. If it's just another noise complaint, I doubt the officer could just bust down the door simply for no answer.

But again...what was the officer doing for 20 minutes IF they were really there that long?? 4:31-4:36 does sound more logical....but a high ranking official says that time is inaccurate and I guess won't give the real time??

I wonder if they even know what they can say/can't say in this situation. It's like they're leaving obvious things (like when police arrived the 2nd time) but release the cover sheet of the search warrant?? Weird...

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21283133

The timeline here says the 2nd 911 came at 4:12
LE did not arrive until 4:31
Left at 4:36
So they only stayed 6 minutes...this was a 911 call-I guess they don't treat them any differently than a regular noise complaint? Plus it took 19 minutes to get there?

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21283133

The timeline here says the 2nd 911 came at 4:12
LE did not arrive until 4:31
Left at 4:36
So they only stayed 6 minutes...this was a 911 call-I guess they don't treat them any differently than a regular noise complaint? Plus it took 19 minutes to get there?

Maybe dispatch didn't say it was urgent.

I wonder how often this neighbor called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine