Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mani,

I didn't get out of the car when I went up there.. so I am not sure where the pipes are. Are they under the road, where Wirrabarra crosses Little Ugly Creek?

It just makes more sense to get the car off the main road.

And I think it was a case of leaving poor Allison quickly, and not much thought at that stage about ensuring she was found. I am sure panic would have set in...

I don't know... I think it was Wirrabarra, but maybe being told how easy it was to back up a van to that creek bed and leave a body there has brainwashed me a little ...

We also have to keep in mind that he most likely wasn't thinking straight, so he may not have chosen the path we would think. If he'd had time to think about it he may have left her elsewhere. Like I said once before, he may have wanted to do things quickly thinking he might have time the next day to go and 'fix things'... not knowing the police would be watching his every move.
I agree, panic & shock would have to have set in. And he isn't bright at the best of times, let alone after murdering his wife.

Yes Mani,

I didn't get out of the car when I went up there.. so I am not sure where the pipes are. Are they under the road, where Wirrabarra crosses Little Ugly Creek?

It just makes more sense to get the car off the main road.

And I think it was a case of leaving poor Allison quickly, and not much thought at that stage about ensuring she was found. I am sure panic would have set in...

I don't know... I think it was Wirrabarra, but maybe being told how easy it was to back up a van to that creek bed and leave a body there has brainwashed me a little ...

Those pipes that Wakeskate has photographed are on a service road. It says where they are in one of the posts and shows a dark patch in the grass.
MOO

Here are the measurements I took.

Thank you so much as this gives everyone a datum point from which to work with tide heights etc. IMO

I can't believe you went down in that mud WS - good on you! :rocker:

Thank you so much as this gives everyone a datum point from which to work with tide heights etc. IMO

I think Wakeskate deserves some kind of award for going above and beyond... You're right, those pics really help put things into perspective.
Creepy to think that's where someone would leave their wife though... we may not know EXACTLY where, but it was around there somewhere.

I wasn't actually down in the mud. Still on dry land.
There was actually a crab pot that someone has put in within the last week. He didn't have anything (I could see in the pot), but I found it interesting that people are back using the area as normal again.

I walked down the very steep enbankment where police had put carpet lining or something as it was very vertical. Where I took the photos from was dry and never underwater. (in normal tides)

This is probably a silly question, but do many people go fishing around this particular area? It looks like it could be a bit too snaggy, lots of stuff around.
{I could become a 'verified' snag person. If there's anything, and I mean ANYTHING to get snagged on, MY line will find it, every damn time!!! }

I love fishing, but not too talented.

I wasn't actually down in the mud. Still on dry land.
There was actually a crab pot that someone has put in within the last week. He didn't have anything (I could see in the pot), but I found it interesting that people are back using the area as normal again.

I walked down the very steep enbankment where police had put carpet lining or something as it was very vertical. Where I took the photos from was dry and never underwater. (in normal tides)

I only saw this post referring to the crab pots after I posted mine about the fishing. So, if people do normally use this area for fishing or crabbing then wouldn't it be silly of GBC to leave the body there under the bridge? Anyone could have happened across her.

Sorry for the quality, hopefully you can see this one

a6aa4132.jpg

Photobucket is bring a pain with resizing.

Labels read this from left to right

1 - Kholo Creek
2 - Body location
3 - Little Ugly Creek
4 - Service Road
5 - Pipes
6 - Burnt out car and clearing off wirrabara road
7 - Creek crossing on wirrabara road

Blue line is the creek
Green line is the service road which mostly on council land which runs along Mount Crosby Road, but cuts across the tip of private land I believe. Pipes I think could be on private land.

The only thing against the pipes location is the distance the body must travel across many trees on the creek to get down to the bridge.
I would love to expore Kholo Creek as it seems much more logical, but there is no easy access to it except via the creek itself or the scout camp (which is marked as private property)

I havent been around much, you know real life and all but wanted to say thanks to Wakeskate for the great pics.

The photos were great wakeskate! Food for thought. Think I will head there Sunday.

Wakeskate - thank you so much for all the time & effort you have put into obtaining and describing all your photographs. They are awesome & very much appreciated, especially by those of us who are yet to visit the area. Enjoy your well deserved holiday. :rocker::takeabow:

I only saw this post referring to the crab pots after I posted mine about the fishing. So, if people do normally use this area for fishing or crabbing then wouldn't it be silly of GBC to leave the body there under the bridge? Anyone could have happened across her.

Yes, Linette..

People do use this area... I really do feel if Allison had been left above the high tide mark, she would have been found sooner. Either by 'crabbbers' ( that doesn't sound like a real word - apologies!!) or if the waterways were being searched ( and there was mention of this, though the search would not been to the extent of the Brookfield search)

If Allison had been left at the bridge, I think she must have been under water. Possibly weighted down? But then how could she have resurfaced if weighted down (really sorry to talk about Allison like this)

I am still going with my gut feeling - Wirrabarra.

Sorry for the quality, hopefully you can see this one

a6aa4132.jpg

Photobucket is bring a pain with resizing.

Labels read this from left to right

1 - Kholo Creek
2 - Body location
3 - Little Ugly Creek
4 - Service Road
5 - Pipes
6 - Burnt out car and clearing off wirrabara road
7 - Creek crossing on wirrabara road

Blue line is the creek
Green line is the service road which mostly on council land which runs along Mount Crosby Road, but cuts across the tip of private land I believe. Pipes I think could be on private land.

The only thing against the pipes location is the distance the body must travel across many trees on the creek to get down to the bridge.
I would love to expore Kholo Creek as it seems much more logical, but there is no easy access to it except via the creek itself or the scout camp (which is marked as private property)

Ditto to all of the above, Wakeskate... and this is a great picture..

I didn't know that service road existed, though you are much braver than
I! I didn't stop my car, let alone get out and take pictures up there. I wonder where the dogs that went apes**t that night live?

And I don't want to ask you questions because you appear to be going on hols. I will go back over the thread and see if you have already answered!

Have a wonderful break - well deserved! These pictures even help the locals get a better perspective of the path of the creek, terrain etc...

That's true and if he left Allison at the Scout Camp or thereabouts, children go there with their families and young guys play Laser Skirmish there - they hire the grounds for the day - they put a sign up on Mt Crosby Road when it is on. MOO

It doesn't bear thinking about that a young person came across a dead body on the Scout Camp grounds. How horrible for the canoeist who found Allison - I hope it was an adult rather than a young person but whoever it was - it is awful that they had to go through that. MOO

This is probably a silly question, but do many people go fishing around this particular area? It looks like it could be a bit too snaggy, lots of stuff around.
{I could become a 'verified' snag person. If there's anything, and I mean ANYTHING to get snagged on, MY line will find it, every damn time!!! }

I love fishing, but not too talented.

I don't think that's a silly question as fish will use submerged logs as protection to hide around. MOO

I didn't know that service road existed, though you are much braver than
I! I didn't stop my car, let alone get out and take pictures up there. I wonder where the dogs that went apes**t that night live?

If anyone is to go out there, I have just realised that the pipes location and about 20 metres of this service road look like they may be part of someones property. (according to google anyway)
The property closest to the end of wirrabara road goes off in a point.
So be warned it could be trespassing. (google maps isn't always 100% though)
There are signs of people either squatting or having a party in the area, so it's hard to tell for sure.

Also the part of Little Ugly Creek I went down into could also be the edge of someones property. Again it's hard to tell from google maps.

The dog barking was either next door to the Baden-Clay house or a few km's away in Brookfield. Absolutely nowhere near Kholo Creek.
The information about the dog came out the day after she went missing, well before Kholo Creek was on the radar.

This is where I ended up.
It was under the service road that runs along Mount Crosby Road.
Technically on someones land I believe, but I didn't feel like walking back through the lantana to get back to my car.

1 - What appeared to be signs of plaster spillage. Maybe not, but there were 2-3 spots of it around here.
2 - Three large pipes that run under this trail. They run down a short creek to Little Ugly Creek. The road from the small clearing off Wirrabara Road easily leads here.
3 - middle pipe
4 - right pipe
5 - left pipe

Is the plaster spillage possibly from forensic tests of footprints? If so, I wonder if they matched GBC's shoes?

Getting dizzy going round-and-round with this - pity it doesn't burn calories as I am sure I've put on a few kilos from reading all these threads since April!

Yes, Linette..

People do use this area... I really do feel if Allison had been left above the high tide mark, she would have been found sooner. Either by 'crabbbers' ( that doesn't sound like a real word - apologies!!) or if the waterways were being searched ( and there was mention of this, though the search would not been to the extent of the Brookfield search)

If Allison had been left at the bridge, I think she must have been under water. Possibly weighted down? But then how could she have resurfaced if weighted down (really sorry to talk about Allison like this)

I am still going with my gut feeling - Wirrabarra.

Thanks! So I wonder if any people had been in the area fishing or crabbing and can verify that there was NO body there at that time? IF he did leave her there then I think he would have wanted her to be found. It's not like it's some secluded area that nobody goes to.
I agree with your thoughts that she was washed to the bridge. Otherwise that means nobody went to that area in the whole 10 days she was missing. Ofcourse it is possible no-one went there, it still means she could have been found very easily.
I wonder when the new info will start to trickle out? Should be soonish?

Is the plaster spillage possibly from forensic tests of footprints? If so, I wonder if they matched GBC's shoes?

Getting dizzy going round-and-round with this - pity it doesn't burn calories as I am sure I've put on a few kilos from reading all these threads since April!

About the plaster, that's what I was wondering too.

I know this has probably been asked and explained before but does anyone know of police spending a lot of time in our other areas of interest? ... I mean where we think she may have been washed from? I imagine if they think she was washed downstream then they would have been doing a lot of investigating in those areas too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni