IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to know the length of the girls' hair when they went missing? It seems like Elizabeth's was pretty short and that her pic's current. I've seen her with longer hair but it seems to be in older photos. Lyric's hair looks around shoulder length in the missing poster pic since she was able to pull it back, and it's pretty long in the People magazine one, but quite short in the one someone posted earlier from the FBI page. They both look older to me with the shorter hair. Going back to my post a little bit ago it may not even matter, but it would be helpful when they're talking to potential witnesses or people who might run across the girls somewhere.

On JVM they showed video of searchers in kayaks and JVM said something about LE is looking for someone who was on the lake the day the girls vanished 'in one of those kind of boats'.

(Don't throw anything. JVM said it -- not me.)

Why do you feel it is unlikely that one may be lying. It is possible. imo

Oh I definitely agree it's possible. It just seems like they were so quick to go to LE and even the media it'd be unlikely they're involved. I know that might not mean anything though.

Oh I definitely agree it's possible. It just seems like they were so quick to go to LE and even the media it'd be unlikely they're involved. I know that might not mean anything though.

Was everyone as quick as they could have been?

I've been looking on the Iowa Cold cases site...I don't see anything even remotely similar really. You would think that if someone is bold enough to abduct two girls that young, that there would have been a precedent of some sort. I can't fine one so far. So, I'm wondering...is this a perp's first time doing this kind of thing...taking two girls is a big leap from taking even one...or is it some other type of thing we are looking at, or am I looking in the wrong place to find similar cases. MOO

When you look at all the witness statements -- think about that old song from Sesame Street. "One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just isn't the same."

Which one is the ONE that is throwing the wrench in the works?
If you remove each witness statement one at a time, which one, when removed, makes all the other ones fall perfectly into place?

I don't post, but always follow each case here...that said, I can't keep to a possible scenario that makes any sense.

The only thing I can think to ask is did Elizabeth always carry the purse...even on bike rides? I have 4 girls, and I've never once seen any of them grab for their purse/bag/backpack before a ride. I have however caught them trying to "sneak" things out in a purse/etc when the outing wouldn't call for one. Trivial things like makeup, clothing, a soda.

It couldn't help pinpoint a suspect, but it might answer if there was a specific reason they went to the lake, or what they were carrying within the bag. If Elizabeth took out whatever she was concealing, it would make sense that she laid the bag down...

On JVM they showed video of searchers in kayaks and JVM said something about LE is looking for someone who was on the lake the day the girls vanished 'in one of those kind of boats'.

(Don't throw anything. JVM said it -- not me.)

I heard her say that, too. But I don't think she was right. I believe they were looking for a paddle boat/ peddle boat.

When you look at all the witness statements -- think about that old song from Sesame Street. "One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just isn't the same."

If you remove each witness statement one at a time, which one, when removed, makes all the other ones fall perfectly into place?

There is footage and a timestamp? Oops.

Does anyone have a link to either the presser video or transcript of the presser where Breault says this?

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

I think she was talking about TG and I remember watching this and getting the impression from what she said about this that the individual didn't think what he saw was pertinent and didn't need to call in and she was using this as an example of the kinds of calls they want. Almost like they had to approach him. Then I think back to Abben claiming no knowledge of TG in several pressers.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great post! Makes complete sense to look at it this way. Thank you!

Does anyone have a link to either the presser video or transcript of the presser where Breault says this?

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

I think she was talking about TG and I remember watching this and getting the impression from what she said about this that the individual didn't think what he saw was pertinent and didn't need to call in and she was using this as an example of the kinds of calls they want. Almost like they had to approach him. Then I think back to Abben claiming no knowledge of TG in several pressers.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...-Help-in-Case-of-Missing-Girls-163351506.html

Also, think about which witness's statement changed. (you may have to have followed FB posts to know the answer to this.) Someone definitely changed a detail in their story. This detail changed after LE requested a man seen on camera at Casey's come forward.

Also, think about what type of person might know about Maiden Lane. Possibly someone who lives by it, or grew up near it, or rides their bike past it on the trail frequently....

Thanks!! This is what Breault said when she was describing him seeing the bikes but not the girls.

*He thought what reason is there for me to contact authorities.*

So did she mean he initially thought that and then came to his senses and called? Or did she mean that is what he told them once THEY initiated contact with him?

ETA: This pc was on 7/22 I believe.

Thanks!! This is what Breault said when she was describing him seeing the bikes but not the girls.

*He thought what reason is there for me to contact authorities.*

So did she mean he initially thought that and then came to his senses and called? Or did she mean that is what he told them once THEY initiated contact with him?

ETA: This pc was on 7/22 I believe.

BBM

I don't have a clue. Could have been either from the way she worded it. I had forgotten they asked anyone who was 'fishing from a boat' to contact LE. And, she asked for anyone who was at the lake 'before 3 pm' to contact LE.

Why 3 pm?

How about this for a theory ... the grandmother said that she watched the girls riding in circles before they vanished. I started wondering about what this means. Were they riding around the parking lot behind the buildings? Could the video have captured images of the girls riding several times, with only the last time at 12:11 (corrected to 12:19 to match the owner's cell phone time) being released to the public (I think Sunlight posted this possibility last night ... sorry if I got that wrong)? Could they have been grabbed when they were just out of sight of their home? Is that why Abben said that they were going in the wrong direction and that the bikes could have been staged?

The red line is the camera.

meyerscameraparkinglot.jpg

What is Lottie's Lounge? Is that like a bar, no food, just drinks? Or is it more like a pub, where you can have a alcohol drink and/or food, like a licenced restaurant? I knew about the big and tall store, then the auction place, but recently realized there is some kind of drinking establishment along that street also. To me it means more eyes who may have seen the girls, but also a bigger pool of those who may have meant harm for some reason. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave