IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I don't have a clue. Could have been either from the way she worded it. I had forgotten they asked anyone who was 'fishing from a boat' to contact LE. And, she asked for anyone who was at the lake 'before 3 pm' to contact LE.

Why 3 pm?

BBM

Prior to when the family arrived and began looking for the girls?

White van. :eek:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

YEP. And if you were driving a van had to pee really bad, would you go to a gas station, where you could also buy a nice refreshment and possibly put some gas in your white van? Or would you go to a park bathroom?

Would you say you went to one, then once LE released some footage, would you say on FB, "Actually, I peed in the park."?

Just asking, hypothetically. MOO of course.

BBM

I don't have a clue. Could have been either from the way she worded it. I had forgotten they asked anyone who was 'fishing from a boat' to contact LE. And, she asked for anyone who was at the lake 'before 3 pm' to contact LE.

Why 3 pm?

I think because family was there at 2:45 and LE arrived at 3.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Now I feel bad for ever veering from my initial gut feeling and suspecting JW. Poor JW. :)

Is this our TG? If so interesting. Can someone bike daily with a bad back that needed and had surgery?

http://www.pageheatingandair.com/about_us.html

That would be Mr. TG.

I have a really messed up back. It has been recommended that I have back surgery but I'm too scared to do it. There are a few things that I absolutely can not do without having a flare up: squat, push a heavy item (like when I get tired of waiting on dear hubby and go ahead and move that couch myself), and ride a bike. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. But, I haven't had back surgery.

Huh... this sparked a thought I hadn't had before. Although I think I just talked myself out of this idea, I'll post it just in case it helps us think of anything.

Would the girls have willingly gotten into a vehicle along with their bikes, so they could be driven to the lake for their bike ride? So they'd have a little longer to ride? It'd have to be someone they knew well in that case. The reason I talked myself out of it is it seems like it'd take longer to load and unload the bikes than to just race down to the lake.

I think anything reasonable is possible at this point and this seems reasonable enough.

The thing that keep tripping me up is: when I was young I would venture farther than I probably should have, but never when someone at home was expecting me at a certain time. Unless they wanted to get in trouble, I sort of don't think they headed to the lake that day, even willingly by car.

That's why I like my theory of an abduction on the nature trail, but nearer to the house. It makes some stuff fit for me that didn't when I was thinking of them going to the lake on their own.

-it fits with them being pretty good kids who listened to grandma.
-it helps with the timeline because the bikes would be traveling by car.
-it gives a reason for why some one would dump the bikes at the lake (the girls were already on the trail, just at the other end of it)

On another topic (and completely opposite from what I just said, haha), I'm not exactly sure what the deal is about a paddleboater, but I haven't yet seen the possibility brought forth that the girls were the ones boating. Since we're here to throw out ideas I'll throw this one out there. Maybe the girls had seen the boats there before or heard about other kids sneaking a ride and decided to blow off curfew and take a little joyride. Maybe someone saw them do that and used their naughtiness to his advantage ie "Why are you using my boat? (a lie) Girls come with me. We're going to call your parents". (I heard of a rapist using this kind of tactic before. He would pretend to be an undercover security guard and "catch" teen girls shoplifting, take them to the store bathroom and "strip search" them.)

BBM

Prior to when the family arrived and began looking for the girls?

But if the bikes were spotted laying on the trail at 12:20 by a reliable pillar of the community, why would they be interested in any time after that?

But if the bikes were spotted laying on the trail at 12:20 by a reliable pillar of the community, why would they be interested in any time after that?

When did they request info from people prior to 3:00pm? Before or after the CCTV vid came out?

I gotta sign off for now, but I haven't slept for over a month so if I wake up in the middle of the night with any thoughts, I'll lay there and use the phone to post. Be back later.

OK, I'm just going to say this... I am right there with some of you. I have been there for weeks. It really may be this simple. It makes everything make sense.

But, I don't want this thread to be closed and I don't want anyone to be banned, so please let's remember that we can not sleuth non-POI and non-suspects. Let's please know that we haven't thought of anything that LE/FBI hasn't already thought of and far surpassed us on.

Just had to say that. :thumb:

When did they request info from people prior to 3:00pm? Before or after the CCTV vid came out?

Abben has repeatedly said that they want to hear from anyone who was at the lake anytime that day. Anytime.

I think

LE got the video on the 16th IIRC.

Presser (FBI) asking for people prior to 3 pm was on the 22nd.

And, the story with Mr. Pahl and the video was on the 25th.

(I don't remember when we first saw the video but I believe it was earlier than the 25th.)

OK, I'm just going to say this... I am right there with some of you. I have been there for weeks. It really may be this simple. It makes everything make sense.

But, I don't want this thread to be closed and I don't want anyone to be banned, so please let's remember that we can not sleuth non-POI and non-suspects. Let's please know that we haven't thought of anything that LE/FBI hasn't already thought of and far surpassed us on.

YES. I can say that I feel scared and sad. It is important to remember that if someone feels cornered (sometimes wrongly), they can resort to actions that are dangerous to themselves and others. I'm quite sure LE is all over everything they can be. Just sayin'. MOO

Noted, thanks. :banghead:

I'm curious, because I'm kind of new, what causes a thread to be closed? I know what causes a post to be deleted, as it has happened to me. But how does a thread get closed? And does that mean nobody can discuss the case here at all anymore?

Because then what would I do with my time?!:what:

I'm curious, because I'm kind of new, what causes a thread to be closed? I know what causes a post to be deleted, as it has happened to me. But how does a thread get closed? And does that mean nobody can discuss the case here at all anymore?

BBM, take up biking? ;)

yes i heard that too. Also you got me thinking about those helmets. I cant believe we never thought about this.

Is there a law in Iowa that states a bike helmet must be worn when riding on the street? If so, is it enforced to any degree?

If we violate the TOS and make a mess of this thread then a moderator can elect to close the thread down so that no posting is allowed on it until they clean it up... delete posts or whatever they think they need to do to rectify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88