Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked on Sierra Lamar's thread to see if there have been any developments in her case. Sierra's case is a lot like Mickey's was until recently when BSL took the plea bargain- Sierra's alleged killer/abductor is in jail but still no Sierra to be found anywhere. He will enter his plea on August 28 or 29. They are still searching for her body. She went missing 3/16/12.

It made me think: I don't care what BSL's motives were for telling where Mickey's body was. I don't care if he did it save himself from death. I don't care if he felt remorse & felt for her family. All I care is that her family can put her to rest and know how/when she died (that she didn't suffer for several hours, days, months, etc at his hands).

I also don't care about vengenace. Is Angola enough punishmment for him? It's no place I'd like to be. I sleep with my AC low and the idea of no AC at night for the rest of my life is pretty awful to me. And working in the cotton fields? I'd rather not. But we can discuss if that's a good enough punishment for taking Mickey's life all day. What I care about is that BSL is locked up for the rest of his life due to the courageous acts of Mickey Shunick, the family & friends who made her case so huge, LE, and BSL's own family member who told details of the truck/truck burning. I care that BSL cannot hurt my neighbor, my student, my sister, me, or any other woman for the rest of his life. He will never hurt another woman again. That's good enough for me. As for vengenance, I trust that karma will get him in this life & if not, in the next. For the rest of this life, though, he won't be able to hurt another woman or girl. That's what matters.

Thank you Mickey, the Shunicks, Mickey's friends, LE, Acadiana, BSL's bio sister, the woman who checked the LCG building camera, woman who called in his whited out RSO status on his driver's license, all of the searchers, Adam on TD, and all of you on WS. BSL will never hurt another woman or girl again.

I denies the allegation & I denies the alligator too,
Nah, love ya crazy. Oh, that's us. Louisiana frác..as my late mother-in-law used to say. Or farouche,as in femme farouche..that would be me..Latina, French.etc. {-)

sounds like you gotta potent mixture :maddening: lol, I love the latina culture and music. My parents were both Cajun French speaking and had to learn to speak English, they are gone now, they were born in the early 1900s, German and Irish family history background, I'm the baby of 12 siblings, never learned much Cajun French except for a few words, and some naughty phrases that I use now and then. Not sure of the spelling, but, Tataille (scary creature), canaille (sneaky), coullion (nuts) = foo. Maybe make up a new word "fooyon"...haha.:floorlaugh:

Or I read it wrong. I thought Simon says that if Ali was kidnapped from tx but murdered in La then it would be tx's jurisdiction because first felony happened there. And this is exactly what is speculated in the other case... but az is only prosecuting for the kidnap charges and it is left up to tx to prosecute murder.

But now that I think it through, both scenarios would be considered federal.

i'm not that familiar with that case, but i didn't realize there were murder charges pending in texas...i was only aware of the charges pending in maricopa county...i guess that means arizona is declining to pursue murder charges...i don't think texas will do the same should it be determined that bsl abducted and murdered ali lowitzer, or any other resident of texas, regardless of where the murder may be believed to have occurred...and i also doubt louisiana would refuse to allow him to be extradited to texas to face those charges there, even if she was murdered in louisiana.

of course, this is only my opinion based upon my own limited knowledge of such things.

Not sure of the spelling, but, Tataille (scary creature), canaille (sneaky), coullion (nuts) = foo. Maybe make up a new word "fooyon"...haha.:floorlaugh:

MonkeyShine, you have most of that spelled exactly right! And "tataille" is not all that obvious. One little letter different: "fou." Lâche pas! (Keep on keeping on!)

i'm not that familiar with that case, but i didn't realize there were murder charges pending in texas...i was only aware of the charges pending in maricopa county...i guess that means arizona is declining to pursue murder charges...i don't think texas will do the same should it be determined that bsl abducted and murdered ali lowitzer, or any other resident of texas, regardless of where the murder may be believed to have occurred...and i also doubt louisiana would refuse to allow him to be extradited to texas to face those charges there, even if she was murdered in louisiana.

of course, this is only my opinion based upon my own limited knowledge of such things.

No... you are correct. There are no pending charges in aTx as there is not enough evidence.

Point of all of this is GO GET 'IM, TEXAS!

Can you provide a link to what charges he has in Arizona?

I never even met or knew her before but I knew...

This was one of my first few post on Mickey Shunick's forum here on Websleuths...

Posted on 07-12-2012
Most women that are into horses are brave and tough as nails...reason I say that is because I know because I have horses and not scared to go walking alone on the street at 2 in the morning. Not that It's smart or ok for a woman to do but just saying.

Posted on 07-31-2012
Yep, as I've said before...Women such as Mickey (myself included), that ride and train horses are brave, tough, and dominant. We control 12 hundred + pound animals. Mickey has been involved with horses for over 12 years and recently was training a young horse for someone. You become very strong in your arms and legs.

I have no doubt in my mind that he had a hard time over powering her. And that she cut him up !

I wish a great big picture of Mickey and Lisa could be placed on his cell walls, so that he would have to look at their beautiful faces every single day for the rest of his life

i was replying to someone about an entirely different case...nothing at all to do with bsl.

Ok thanks. I have been following this for quite some time and never seen anything about Arizona. I am bn's stepmother by the way. Just want to say what a wonderful site you have here ws . Prayers going out to the Shunick, Pate and Lavergne family.

Ok thanks. I have been following this for quite some time and never seen anything about Arizona. I am bn's stepmother by the way. Just want to say what a wonderful site you have here ws . Prayers going out to the Shunick, Pate and Lavergne family.

Please tell her how grateful all of ACADIANA is that she was brave enough to cooperate with law enforcement officials. It could not have been easy for her.

I wish a great big picture of Mickey and Lisa could be placed on his cell walls, so that he would have to look at their beautiful faces every single day for the rest of his life

I understand what you are saying, but I think BSL might like looking at their pictures everyday.
I wish he could close his eyes every nite and wake up every morning seeing a picture of something that scares him very much.

I understand what you are saying, but I think BSL might like looking at their pictures everyday.
I wish he could close his eyes every nite and wake up every morning seeing a picture of something that scares him very much.

Like wall paper the cell with whatever LE showed him that made him throw up?

I know he probably did it from nerves but still...
moo

i'm sorry if it seemed confusing...

there are SO MANY people who are grateful to your stepdaughter for what she has done...i know i am! i hope she knows that...i pray for all of the families involved.

Like wall paper the cell with whatever LE showed him that made him throw up?

I know he probably did it from nerves but still...
moo

Throwing up will work!
Fear like what Lisa felt and Mickey felt. Intense fear.
This whole thing is so very very sad! It's hard to imagine what these 2 young women suffered at his hands and control.

Brandon had a lot of nerve trying to put his sister in Texas on a guilt trip by saying " I can't believe what I'm reading that you told the cops after all that we been through...but I forgive you." He ought to be begging for her forgiveness in that letter for getting her involved with something unlawful to begin with! He sealed his own fate, not her.

I found myself thinking, "do I want vengeance? Do I want harm to come to Lavergne?"

The older I get the less clear the answers seem. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." He has already lost the rest of his life as a free being. He is now out of society, never to return.

What I would lean toward is that they should put a TV in his cell for the first month playing a non-stop loop of the public outpouring - of the families' pleas - of interviews - to show the real harm he did. Then a psychologist should go over every second of the footage with him, and record his responses. Next year do the same thing. And the year after - a solid month - until he drops his facade and starts dealing with it honestly. He needs to be psychologically broken and then helped to pick up the pieces.

Angola Prison is a self-sustaining farm city of 5,000. Has cattle, crops, etc. The vegetables are sold all over. Most inmates' first job, until they prove good behavior in a year or two, is working in the cotton fields.

Very likely today or tomorrow, Brandon will be picking cotton. He will be working hard for life; no slacking allowed.

It is extremely interesting to read all about Angola Prison.

Here's the wikipedia page.

It is also extremely fascinating to attend an annual Angola Prison Rodeo. Held each weekend in October, and I think one weekend or so in April (Spring rodeo)...thousands of people from near and far stream into the prison grounds. Actually, a very beautiful prison, year-round. Pristene landscaping, artistic murals...the entrance museum (filled with prison history and artifacts), so cool!
The inmates are contestants in the events of the rodeo. Non-traditional rodeo events, such as 'Dead Man's Poker' (?) and the finale 'Guts and Glory'. Food, music, and crafts, crafts, crafts! Inmates work year- round to sell their wares. We have a few from years past!
It's a family-filled fun event for all ages! And a memory to each attendee, young and old alike of prison life. Prisoners (most lifers) behind chained fences, controlled, waiting for you to inquire on a craft of their design.
Any hoo! I highly recommend the experience should you find yourself near St. Francisville, La. Talk about remote!
I think I've jus bout excited myself to go this fall!

[/b]

It is also extremely fascinating to attend an annual Angola Prison Rodeo. Held each weekend in October, and I think one weekend or so in April (Spring rodeo)...thousands of people from near and far stream into the prison grounds. Actually, a very beautiful prison, year-round. Pristene landscaping, artistic murals...the entrance museum (filled with prison history and artifacts), so cool!
The inmates are contestants in the events of the rodeo. Non-traditional rodeo events, such as 'Dead Man's Poker' (?) and the finale 'Guts and Glory'. Food, music, and crafts, crafts, crafts! Inmates work year- round to sell their wares. We have a few from years past!
It's a family-filled fun event for all ages! And a memory to each attendee, young and old alike of prison life. Prisoners (most lifers) behind chained fences, controlled, waiting for you to inquire on a craft of their design.
Any hoo! I highly recommend the experience should you find yourself near St. Francisville, La. Talk about remote!
I think I've jus bout excited myself to go this fall!

Wow, Crimson clover -- I had never heard of that; thanks for the info.

Sure sounds like a unique event.

Please tell her how grateful all of ACADIANA is that she was brave enough to cooperate with law enforcement officials. It could not have been easy for her.

Thank you I will be sure to tell her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member