IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched The Lovely Bones. In the part of it where the perv is luring her into his bunker I felt physically ill. These guys are so manipulative and they know just what to say. :maddening: I kept reminding myself that this movie was fiction but that just didn't work because we know it happens in reality. I've got a roaring headache now from crying and feeling so helpless and angry.

Please, please let there be a miracle for these girls :please:

If the guy that TB spoke with was right..then the question arises...what were the girls doing between 12:15 (19) and 2:30, when TB says he said he saw them riding West/East on the trail. My guess is that they were doing the same thing that Lyric and her other cousin were doing in Waterloo when Lyric was late coming home from her "destination" a couple of days before the disappearance. Someone they had become acquainted with recently...or was known to the family (including befriending Heather on FB) In that case, they could have been abducted on their way back from the lake or at the lake between 2:30 and 3:30 (when there is a report the bikes were first found..), which would at least partially explain why LE interviewed the guy in the van who was getting gas or whatever he was getting at 2:00. Now...there is a possibility that person has a Kevin Bacon connection. Just sayin'. I do not believe the guy interviewed is the abductor btw. MOO Probably far-fetched.

I don't think it's far-fetched at all. Where would Mr. TG's sighting of the bikes fit in this scenerio? Maybe he saw the bikes (12:20ish) while the girls were still at the lake? Maybe the girls were visiting with their "friend(s)" somewhere else... in the wooded area or ?? I guess this would mean that the bikes were staged (returned to the trail) after the abduction/disappearance? It would account for Mr. C's sighting (sometime between 12 - 3), for the man who told Aunt T. that he saw two girls (2:00 or 2:30), and for the dogs picking up their scents (if they had in fact been at that spot earlier that same day).

I think katydid's theory is something along this line.

I just watched The Lovely Bones. In the part of it where the perv is luring her into his bunker I felt physically ill. These guys are so manipulative and they know just what to say. :maddening: I kept reminding myself that this movie was fiction but that just didn't work because we know it happens in reality. I've got a roaring headache now from crying and feeling so helpless and angry.

I can't watch movies like that. I'm just not brave enough to do it.

I don't think it's far-fetched at all. Where would Mr. TG's sighting of the bikes fit in this scenerio? Maybe he saw the bikes (12:20ish) while the girls were still at the lake? Maybe the girls were visiting with their "friend(s)" somewhere else... in the wooded area or ?? I guess this would mean that the bikes were staged (returned to the trail) after the abduction/disappearance? It would account for Mr. C's sighting (sometime between 12 - 3), for the man who told Aunt T. that he saw two girls (2:00 or 2:30), and for the dogs picking up their scents (if they had in fact been at that spot earlier that same day).

I think katydid's theory is something along this line.

Similar. In this case, I have them being perhaps in an empty house (or somewhere in the woods..or some shed somewhere) and then when returning home via the trail, they were told to get off the bikes or intercepted something either by whoever they met and hung around with or whoever they met on their way home. It would give someone up to 1/2 hour to get them off their bikes, stage the bikes, and take them away in some manner. MOO

Just wanted to note: Tammy is quoted as saying the man told her they were heading west and she was also quoted as saying the man told her they were heading east. Both quotes have been looked at in previous threads.

Also in her quote above she says "within 20 minutes of us standing there, Evansdale police and Waterloo Sheriff`s Department were on the bike trail with their vehicles, went around to that side, located the bicycles and Elizabeth`s purse." So she previously said she was there at 2:45, and LE swarmed at 3 - so that would basically match up with her saying this time they arrived about 20 mins. later. But she says that's when Sheriff's dept were on vehicles on the path and went around to that side of the lake and found the bikes. It would not take them 50-60 minutes to find the bikes.

I'm curious to hear what made the police and the sherriff's dept all swarm to one specific place? Why send the manpower all to one place instead of spreading all around town looking? That wouldn't be the norm unless someone has seen something take place would it? If all they said was "the girls were riding round the block and now they're gone", wouldn't they go to their last seen area by grandma first?

I aLso agree, I think the timing is off somewhere, and something's odd. I think the police would have sent their officers all around the lake, and the bikes should have been found within minutes. Also, wouldn't the entrance the family took been the one closest to their home, and shouldn't they have found the bikes instead?

Also, if the Police headed straight to the lake, someone had to give some pretty convincing narrative as to why they thought they were there. So, if grandma and company were out driving around for a while before the girls were reported missing, what happened in between that made the lake the suspect area?

I know we're not privy to all info, but why don't they give us some good info to work with :floorlaugh: they're giving us just enough to chase our tails, getting nowhere.

I'm curious to hear what made the police and the sherriff's dept all swarm to one specific place? Why send the manpower all to one place instead of spreading all around town looking? That wouldn't be the norm unless someone has seen something take place would it? If all they said was "the girls were riding round the block and now they're gone", wouldn't they go to their last seen area by grandma first?

I aLso agree, I think the timing is off somewhere, and something's odd. I think the police would have sent their officers all around the lake, and the bikes should have been found within minutes. Also, wouldn't the entrance the family took been the one closest to their home, and shouldn't they have found the bikes instead?

Also, if the Police headed straight to the lake, someone had to give some pretty convincing narrative as to why they thought they were there. So, if grandma and company were out driving around for a while before the girls were reported missing, what happened in between that made the lake the suspect area?

I know we're not privy to all info, but why don't they give us some good info to work with :floorlaugh: they're giving us just enough to chase our tails, getting nowhere.

Excellent point! Why would LE swarm the lake and not spread out looking around town? It does make you think they saw something at the lake. Tammy got to the lake the same time Heather was at the PD (2:45). Even if Tammy called Heather on her cell while she was at the PD and said someone at the lake said he saw them about 15 minutes ago, wouldn't LE say ok it seems you may have found them?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

There are 10 total pictures. You have to click on something to view all.

http://www.trapprealtors.com/p/132/202072

Man, someone at Trapp Realtors needs to learn how to process images without all the Jpeg artifacts. I swear I have seen all of these photos before with much better quality, but everywhere I look now, they are all these crappy images.

IMOO it's odd for LE to go to one place to search. It would be more beneficial to everyone if LE spread out in order to cover more ground while looking for the girls. I still don't understand LE looking for the girls at the lake first. Why not start in town like someone else mentioned?

Then again 'someone' mentioned to family and (maybe even to LE) GO LOOK AT THE LAKE. :waitasec:

Mahoolin, I agree about the time being off........ Something just isn't right, imo.
I can't figure out what it is but it's off. I keep going back to what everyone in the family and supposed eye witnesses say about the time the girls left, were seen etc. The only real confirmation about time is the
cctv right?

Yes M! I like your question about the bikes being found.
Why did it take so long for someone to see the bikes?
It's not like all LE and family members searched for the girls while walking in a straight line.

Is it because "someone" steered LE and others AWAY from the bikes? :what:

imoo

I wish I lived near enough and was independently wealthy so I could devote my time to WHERE the girls might be, instead of arguing and re-hashing over and over how they got gone! As far as I'm concerned, we're not going to get there with the info we have. Vital parts are missing, and I'm sure for good reason.

They're gone, personally i'm beyond that part, i don't need to be right about how it happened, so i'm not going to argue, but I'd love to sleuth places they could be. Houses with storm cellars, house plans with bunkers built underneath if we're following the lovely bones theory. Anecdotal info from the folks at the hardware store about how 'ole ........ Bought an awful lot of lumbar or concrete, and nothing looks different as his place that we can see..., or where has ole....been, haven't seen him around much lately.... Hey did you hear?.......

I just wish these two beautiful innocent sweet girls were home!

**Sorry if I stepped on any toes, don't mean to at all. I'm just a little frustrated that these girls aren't here, and wish I could do more to help. :(

:whiteflag:

IMOO it's odd for LE to go to one place to search. It would be more beneficial to everyone if LE spread out in order to cover more ground while looking for the girls.

Then again 'someone' mentioned to family and maybe even to LE GO LOOK AT THE LAKE. :waitasec:

I agree about the time being off........ Something just isn't right, imo.

Yes! I like your question about the bikes being found.
Why did it take so long for someone to see the bikes?

Is it because "someone" steered LE and others AWAY from the bikes? :what:

imoo

Because someone who said go to the lake...realized, perhaps, that there was a reason they might be at the lake, maybe not where at the lake, but at the lake. See Gracelin's post a few pages back.

Because someone who said go to the lake...realized, perhaps, that there was a reason they might be at the lake, maybe not where at the lake, but at the lake. See Gracelin's post a few pages back.

Thanks, on my way now.

So since we are on the subject of this empty house, is it true that it has a connection to the girls through MCM's boyfriend? Or is that not verified?

How did you watch it? I only found the trailer on you tube and I looked on my Netflix. Did you watch it online? TIA

So since we are on the subject of this empty house, is it true that it has a connection to the girls through MCM's boyfriend? Or is that not verified?

Not verified. No connection at this point other than same last name afaik.

How did you watch it? I only found the trailer on you tube and I looked on my Netflix. Did you watch it online? TIA

Rented it online from Amazon. Just $2.99 for a 24 hour rental.

Also, if the Police headed straight to the lake, someone had to give some pretty convincing narrative as to why they thought they were there. So, if
grandma and company were out driving around for a while before the girls were reported missing, what happened in between that made the lake the suspect area?

This is what I was implying about two pages back on this thread. Seems very odd to me too.

I'm sure this has been discussed along with everything else, but I need someone to remind me. HC at PD reporting girls missing at 2:47. How in the world did police wind up at Meyers Lake area at 3:00?? I see in the above comment police went to the Collins home (which makes dang good sense) but yet at the lake at 3:00? Now I'm sure there was more than one officer involved but how did they wind up at Meyer's Lake in just 13 minutes? Isn't Meyers Lake a little over a mile from the Collins' home? Remember, at this point (3:00) we didn't know the bikes were at Meyers Lake. IIRC it was even stated in MSM police were "swarming" Meyers Lake area at 3:00. What or who led us to the lake in the first place?? Why didn't LE (as a group) originate the search on Brovan and kinda spread outwards? It just seems odd to me that this search went so quickly to Meyers Lake and low and behold that's where the bikes were found.
As I said in the beginning of this post, I'm sure this has been discussed, but someone remind me why "we" decided the search went to the lake so quickly.
TIA

We're definitely asking the same questions. lol
Will we ever know the real answer to why the lake so soon?

I do like Gracelin and MotherOceans post about this too.

What time was the van seen on cctv at Casey's? I think it was 2 pm. So thinking of things that happened around 2 pm... Gma called Misty. Misty got off work and drove to Heather's. Grandma left to meet Tammy in Waterloo. Someone saw the girls riding bikes at the lake at 2:30. The missing posters said last seen riding bikes at lake at 2. Heather went to PD at 2:45. Tammy & Gma went to lake at 2:45. Breault emphasized wanting to talk to anyone who was at Meyers Lake before 3 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member