Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering BSL has gotten LWOP, surely he wouldn't have anything to lose by admitting if he did rape mickey?

He gets LWOP without "rapist" attached to his name in these murder cases. That puts him a step up in the prison class system.

Allusonz,
I want to and still sort of am believing that he hit her, she flew off and was unable to get up and run. He threw bike in truck and threw her in the truck. She grabs her phone. He takes it and holds knife to her. She maces him. She stabs him. He stabs her. He goes to field to bury her. She stabs again. He shoots her. The reason he doesn't bury her in the field is because the last stab she made was the worst and he needed to go home.

Now, this is what I want to believe and am at the moment. However, I have heard twice that what was in the report for the Evangeline parish rape is not what really happened. I heard she went through more torture than what was in the report, and that she was beaten as well. I did not hear details, but am wondering if hes more sadistic, like a Bundy, than he wants us to know?? You seemed to insinuate the EP rape being more brutal than than the report as well. Where is this info coming from. BSL is a monster, but so far i have not come across a source with evidence of him being as monstrous as a Bundy type killer. Thus, I prefer to believe Mickey didn't go through more torture than what was stated in the plea document. I don't want to be naive, but don't know where people are getting this EP was more horrendous than reported info from. Do you?

Ps- not trying to be snarky. Just trying to make sense of the EP stuff

I read the police report for the Evangeline parish Oral sexual battery case and it's terrifying but he didn't rape that victim. Something stopped him- the report says his victim told him she was a virgin and that's why he didn't rape her. I don't think that she was raped. I would think that the DA and the police would make darn sure that his plea in that case included the rape and not lesser charge of Oral Sexual Battery.

Police report here: http://1079ishot.com/brandon-scott-lavergne-1999-arrest-report/

Very graphic.

I don't know if this has been talked about yet and I'm sorry if it has. Still haven't caught up on the post from the entire weekend.

Okay I blew up the image of Brandon walking to the courthouse the other day because it looked like something was inside his left hand. Can someone enlighten me on this. It almost looks like the index finger is cut off from the last knuckle down and some sort of blue/grey overgrowth, not sure. Maybe some of you can explain this to me that might know more as I have been unable to follow along the last few days.

Garryb, thank you for answering so many unanswered questions for all of us.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    332.5 KB · Views: 168
I read the police report for the Evangeline parish Oral sexual battery case and it's terrifying but he didn't rape that victim. Something stopped him- the report says his victim told him she was a virgin and that's why he didn't rape her. I don't think that she was raped. I would think that the DA and the police would make darn sure that his plea in that case included the rape and not lesser charge of Oral Sexual Battery.

Police report here: http://1079ishot.com/brandon-scott-lavergne-1999-arrest-report/

Very graphic.
True, he had the victim spit into a wash cloth. With LP, I am under the impression that at first, they were together with her consent and things went south when she wanted to leave to see her children. I am not totally convinced that BSL is an outright rapist in the commonly understood sense of the word.

And thank you to all of you that responded to let me know how to upload that image of Brandons blown up hand.

Very graphic.

I also do not think he orally raped Mickey. She would have left him with more than an almost cut off finger!
Jmo

Donamena, do you think you would have sensed evil from him had you encountered him elsewhere or is it just because you knew what he had done?

a few who knew him have said that something was "off" or didn't "sit right" about him, but I wonder if I could have sensed the evil within him.

Wondering if these heart wrenching interviews by Charlie Shunick wasn't somehow the catalyst for BSL's confession?

Charlie Shunick Says “Cut A Deal With Him” If Brandon Scott Lavergne Knows Where Mickey Shunick Is (July 20, 2012)

http://kpel965.com/charlie-shunick-...scott-lavergne-knows-where-mickey-shunick-is/
Charlie Shunick, Mickey‘s sister, says she would do anything to find out what happened to her. She says even if it means Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man indicted for Mickey’s murder, would strike a deal with prosecutors to lessen his sentence if he told authorities what he allegedly did with her body. She says the indictment didn’t bring closure to her family.

'Until we see her body we are never going to 100% believe she is dead'.

Charlie says while the public has been extremely vocal to her and her family about Lavergne getting the death penalty. But she says that doesn’t matter to them because the possibility of the death penalty or life in prison are both “awful” sentences.

http://1079ishot.com/mickey-shunick-sister-charlie-pleads-for-help-video/ May22/2012

Charlie Shunick Speaks Out, Pleads For Help In Finding Her Sister Mickey Shunick

His attorney stated that Charlene is the reason he wanted to come clean. Her interviews were very powerful.
She is one fine lady in my eyes 100% class act. Frankly this one of the few truths he told. MOO

True, he had the victim spit into a wash cloth. With LP, I am under the impression that at first, they were together with her consent and things went south when she wanted to leave to see her children. I am not totally convinced that BSL is an outright rapist in the commonly understood sense of the word.

I question the consent.

I am really let down. I have always thought that all the folks in Cajun country was waving due to their friendly nature.. Now I learn that they are only waving due to all the bugs in the air...

And thank you to all of you that responded to let me know how to upload that image of Brandons blown up hand.
It looks like he's holding the chain. Two more views:

Attachments

• bsl2.bmp
    126.2 KB · Views: 72
  • bsl.bmp
    64.2 KB · Views: 80
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...sey=nav|head
LAFAYETTE -- Mickey Shunick could be coming home today.

The Lafayette Parish Coroner’s Office has finished processing Shunick’s remains and will release them to the family “if they have a funeral home,” according to Keith Talamo, chief medicolegal investigator for the coroner’s office.

Staff at the coroner’s office confirmed that Shunick died from a gunshot wound to the head with multiple stab wounds contributing to the cause of death, Talamo said.

Thank you to everyone who made comments over the weekend. Empathy & forgiveness are both powerful and facilitate healing. As said so well, by so many here, this group has been awesome - thanks to everyone for your contributions. Of the cases I have followed in WS, this one is indeed unique in that it was investigated, charged, and with the plea - sentenced in a very tight time period. Cudos to law enforcement, searchers, locals and families.

One (of the several details dangling for me) is related to BSL's hospital visit in NOLA. The Plea Document describes that on the 19th, BSL went to his home and among other things.... "destroyed the clothing he was wearing". This would mean that when he presented at the hospital in NOLA later on the 19th, his shirt would not have the holes/blood expected - following a knife attack by the mystery man at the gas station. We touched on speculation about this weeks ago; now that we know the details as reported by BSL - it sure does raise more questions about how hospital staff (and LE who interviewed BSL there) interpreted BSL's wounds vs his clothing. Makes one go hummmm.

I have a lot of those, too, JustyThoughts. One small "dangling detail" that I keep wondering about: What was the real story with those bike hand grips?

A tiny detail among so much, I know -- but we spent so much time discussing them, I really would like to know. We may never, though.

-----------

Yes, we've discussed this before, the neighbor saw a larger than average number of buzzards around the area where his trailer was.

Not sure I'm seeing the connection you're attempting to make, here. Are you suggesting or insinuating that MS was first brought to the property near BSL's place of residence?

Plea Agreement seems to indicate that he brought her body to Pinesclaire, only stopping at his residence for clean-up purposes.

What at BSL's place might have attracted the scavengers?

Very graphic.

The disclosure documents state that he did something similar if not the exact same, with the exception of murder to Lisa and Mickey. I mean the same thing he did to the 1999 victim. This makes me think he has a fixation on oral rape. I do not know how he would keep from being bitten. Also Claire higginbottom said that he put ants in her mouth as a child.
Since the disclosure documents state this I wonder if they have some evidence that points to him tieing them up.

Thanks for helping connect the dots. I was thinking she was holding the pepper spray but now I think it was in a pocket of her jeans. I understand more about being hit by a truck while on a bike. Also, I was concerned about how far it was from University to Dean.

I think she was on the street and he pulled up with the "need a ride" line. After other posts, I think he did pull in some place or circle the block. He hit her in the area that was away from the houses and view from Johnston street. After that, things must have happened fast and furious.

I see now the point made about his injuries being done inside the truck. He strong armed her as she was dazed into the truck. When he got in, she pepper sprayed him and got his knife.

I think now I can let it be and honor her memory each and every day by helping others and animals. It is the Mickey way...

brenda lee, do you know how Mickey's animals are doing these days? I think of them often. I hope they have their ways of knowing why Mickey is not there, but that she is watching over them. I bet they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288