Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped and BBM: In a way, I hope the defense team does bring up Stacy because it will "backfire" on them !

The DT has been "whining like babies" to keep Stacy's name out of this trial, so I hope they "slip up" and do something stupid like that ... LOL !

:waitasec: Well, that probably won't happen and of course, the DT's "friend", the "judge", will give them whatever they want ...

Oh, and IF they point the finger at the "teenage neighbor", that is LOW and a true sign of desperation by DP and his DT !

:moo:

Ugh! You're right, dog.gone.cute. I forgot that this is not a normal trial and thus any mention of key evidence (Stacy being missing, etc.) is not allowed. :twocents:

I have tried hard this weekend to try to slip and fall in my whirlpool tub. I can tell you this much; it's darn near impossible to hit your head without bracing yourself with your arms.

Not only that, you naturally use precaution when stepping into a tub. When entering it, you have to enter one foot at a time. You also naturally use one hand at a time to grab something when entering. This helps you KEEP your balance, not lose it.

Had KS slipped, one leg/foot would have been OUTSIDE of the tub, making it IMPOSSIBLE for her entire body to end up in the tub.

I really have taken an about face here and feel DP is going down.
BBM

Exactly! The first reaction anyone would have is to try to brace yourself from falling. Also with the tub of the configuration Kathleen's had, another option is to first sit on the tiled edge then get into the tub. Just can't envision how she would have slipped, hit her head, lapsed into unconsciousness and drowned. No way.

MOO

:seeya:

Resp Snipped and RBBM: This is a great point ... and I agree, a good investigator should have noticed all of the points you listed.

Also, reading your post made me think of something : The Toilet

Now, this is probably a very long shot ... and maybe I watch too many forensic type shows ... but if we have someone experienced in this area of forensics please 'chime in' ...

It has been mentioned that it is possible that DP drowned Kathleen in the toilet ...

I am wondering IF it is possible that some sort of forensic testing could have been done when Kathleen was found to determine IF she had drowned in the toilet -- like IF they could have tested the water found in or on her for "toilet bowl water" ... KWIM ?

While "toilet bowl" water may look and appear to be "clean" -- if forensically tested, I am going to "guess" that there would be other things that would show up in toilet bowl water : like "toilet bowl cleaner" and "human waste elements" "bacteria" ... maybe "some other things" that one might put in a toilet ...

I am sorry if this might sound a little gross ... but JMO, no matter how clean the toilet water is, there may be "something" -- "anything" -- that might have shown up IF they had tested the water IN and/or ON her [like test her hair] to see if there were "TRACES" of something that you would NOT find in "bath water" ...

I hope this made sense ... maybe it is far fetched ... but they have come a long with forensic testing ...

Maybe the next time someone "sucpiciously drowns" in the bathtub, LE will test the water found IN or ON the victim -- just to make sure that the person did drown in the tub and was NOT drowned in the toilet ...

Have a nice day everyone ...

:moo:
A thorough investigation would have analyzed the contents in her lungs to determine if any chemical compounds were in them, such as those from toilet bowl cleaners, or even the bath gel/soap/bubble bath she would have used in the tub.

This was one of my questions also: was there an analysis done of the lung contents or just weigh them and assume it's bath water?

Just how much influence did DP have in proffering the "drug-related accidental drowning" onto the ME and other investigators, and after it had been determined she didn't have drugs in her system why wasn't it investigated any further why she would have drowned?

:waitasec:

MOO

BBM

Exactly! The first reaction anyone would have is to try to brace yourself from falling. Also with the tub of the configuration Kathleen's had, another option is to first sit on the tiled edge then get into the tub. Just can't envision how she would have slipped, hit her head, lapsed into unconsciousness and drowned. No way.

MOO

Yep. KS did not slip and she did not hit her head. She was murdered. Again, When getting into a tub that is configured that way, you have to use one leg at a time or, as you said, sit on the ledge before entering.

You would also use your arms/hands to touch the ledge to balance yourself while getting in.

w
I have tried hard this weekend to try to slip and fall in my whirlpool tub. I can tell you this much; it's darn near impossible to hit your head without bracing yourself with your arms.

Not only that, you naturally use precaution when stepping into a tub. When entering it, you have to enter one foot at a time. You also naturally use one hand at a time to grab something when entering. This helps you KEEP your balance, not lose it.

Had KS slipped, one leg/foot would have been OUTSIDE of the tub, making it IMPOSSIBLE for her entire body to end up in the tub.

I really have taken an about face here and feel DP is going down.

I was reading back a page or two, saw this post, l'dream, and thought about it:

1) Your getting into the tub theory is absolutely right -- even a younger person -- 10 years old, 20 y/o, etc, is careful, at least somewhat, and has to enter the tub either one foot at a time, or sits on the side with feet in the tub, possibly stirring up the water for more suds-action if it's a bubble bath, etc., and moves over & then sits down.

2) If a juror brings up this subject like you did -- and it's really common sense and human nature -- then they could really get into it all concerning the whole tub thing, her position in it when she died, the blood, wet hair, etc., etc.

Let's hope...

I think this discussion would have to be started by the majority of bath-takers who, IMO, would be women... (not trying to be sexist here, folks, JMO)

And, thinking about female jurors, could any one of them, after seeing DP's actions, stares, arrogance and disdain in the courtroom, even think about kissing <gag
> or crawling in bed <shudder> with him? :puke:

He is the police officer who fits the mold of all those old-time "good ol' boys" we all have a fear of... Billy stick & all .... :cop:

Oh, it just makes me mad enuff to spit. He is a smug, smirking, smarmy, smurderer x 2. :maddening:
:maddening:

If he did use a gun to intimidate her, maybe he used the butt of that gun to hit her in the back of her head, and that's what caused the gash on the back of her head?

My thought exactly, and maybe why he didn't have it pulled when entering the house during the "emergency".

And once you are stepping into the tub, where exactly can you hit your head that will leave a 2 inch gash in the top of it?

You don't have your head anywhere near the faucet when you are getting into the tub. And it would not hit the top of your head if you did end up nearby the faucet anyway. Besides, it would have left some blood or tissue where the injury occurred if the fall left a bloody gash.

And once you are stepping into the tub, where exactly can you hit your head that will leave a 2 inch gash in the top of it?

You don't have your head anywhere near the faucet when you are getting into the tub. And it would not hit the top of your head if you did end up nearby the faucet anyway. Besides, it would have left some blood or tissue where the injury occurred if the fall left a bloody gash.

The only thing that could have caused such an injury would be the faucet, however, as you said, her head shouldn't have come anywhere near it when entering or exiting the tub. The only possibility I can think of is she could have been washing her hair using the running water from the spout to rinse it and banged the back of her head. That does not, however, explain how her body would have ended up in the position she was found, or losing consciousness over a superficial laceration. She also would have noticed bleeding and tried to stop it as quickly as possible.

MOO

BBM. Especially with the toilet seat up. Being a girl, for some reason I had forgotten to consider a toilet drowning with the seat up. Seat up is very plausible for the location of the bruises on the clavical area.

to her throat....Now I am entertaining the possibility of the toilet drowning which I never had really thought about before.....her clavicle region being thrust against the commode while she was being drown in the flush would make sense. She would be on her knees at the toilet too which would account for those bruises.
The contusion on her that is "all the way to the bone" would have to indicate force other than something that would occur in a fall or rough sex.
During the cross exam, her boyfriend didn't say that they were into any such thing such as BDSM etc... The Shark certainly wouldn't have missed that possible spin.
These are not rug burns from intense lovemaking.

I think DP may have done it this way, WindyCityGirl and Cubby, just to put her through one more, this time final, forceful and embarrassing act of violence and degradation -- her pretty head in a toilet, of all places, with him being the one to do it. Can't you just hear him now? Ohhh, that horrible cruel man. How many grins did he get out of that the next day and since? A real grand-stand send-off of the woman who thought she was gonna get everything he had. "I'll show you, b****. You can't do that to Drew Peterson." But he couldn't tell anyone about it. One of his greatest endings to another sorry chapter in his life. He wins again...

Makes me wanna holler.
icon8.gif
He's a bad one. Grrrrrrr.....
:silenced:

And WHY did he keep marrying these women? Ownership? Control? What do his children really think? Are they buying all of this??!!

icon11.gif
Here ends another mini-rant.......:rant:

I think DP may have done it this way, WindyCityGirl and Cubby, just to put her through one more, this time final, forceful and embarrassing act of violence and degradation -- her pretty head in a toilet, of all places, with him being the one to do it. Can't you just hear him now? Ohhh, that horrible cruel man. How many grins did he get out of that the next day and since? A real grand-stand send-off of the woman who thought she was gonna get everything he had. "I'll show you, b****. You can't do that to Drew Peterson." But he couldn't tell anyone about it. One of his greatest endings to another sorry chapter in his life. He wins again...

Makes me wanna holler.
icon8.gif

And WHY did he keep marrying these women? Ownership? Control? What do his children really think? Are they buying all of this??!!

icon11.gif

BBM
There was another young woman who was going to move in with him after Stacy disappeared.Her parents were quite vocal about trying to stop it and talk her out of it.
TG for her they got through to her .
Drew gets bored easily and he escalates his abusive behavior with each wife.JMO

Makes me wanna holler.
icon8.gif

icon11.gif

Because you asked.....Here's a sample of what his kids believe.

“Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes. I know to an absolute 100% moral certainty that my father Drew Peterson is innocent in the death of my mother Kathleen Savio.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/...t-for-drew-peterson-at-dads-murder-trial.html

Last I heard his kids were all "standing behind him" with the exception of one, and IIRC it's the one who is raising Drew's younger kids now (the State cop?)
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

abbie

eta: am sure Drew has brainwashed the 4 younger kids into thinking their respective mothers are tramps, etc

His 18 yr old was the valedictorian. So he is a very intelligent young man. But he believes 100% in his dad's innocence. So I wonder what he thinks happened to his mother. Does he believe she fell and bumped her head and died?

BBM
There was another young woman who was going to move in with him after Stacy disappeared.Her parents were quite vocal about trying to stop it and talk her out of it.
TG for her they got through to her .
Drew gets bored easily and he escalates his abusive behavior with each wife.JMO

Her father intervened and went to Drew's house and REMOVED her and her belongings!!!

Go, Dad!!

The toilet theory seems possible to me too. Which way did the cut on her head go, up and down or from left to right? It's possible he kicked her in her butt and held her with is leg near where the bruises on her hip area were found while he was keeping her at the toilet and forcing her head down.

This is making me sick. After that he placed her in the tub and positioned her hand near her heart. He messed up and didn't think about the positioning of her feet. Also, someone said her hair looked kind of poofy. That could be from being lifted up and having your hair flop upward and then coming down as you're placed in the tub. The hair would not fall down perfectly flat.

And just because someone slips on the stairs (like when you're coming down fast with laundry or something and your one foot goes too close to the edge, etc.) one time, one year, doesn't prove that anything else that happens in a future year is an accident. Hasn't almost everyone had a slip of their own accord at least once in their life while perfectly sober? geesh.

Last I heard his kids were all "standing behind him" with the exception of one, and IIRC it's the one who is raising Drew's younger kids now (the State cop?)

abbie

eta: am sure Drew has brainwashed the 4 younger kids into thinking their respective mothers are tramps, etc

Should DP be convicted of murdering Kathleen, I am curious if their opinion would change, at least over time, once he is permanently incarcerated?

In other words, could it be the children, have a residual fear of knowing what he is capable of, therefore stand beside him?

Just a thought.

MOO

Her father intervened and went to Drew's house and REMOVED her and her belongings!!!

Go, Dad!!

I guess DP was not expecting Stacy to come back. What if she had been kidnapped and held a prisoner all this time?

In looking at the towel drapped over the side of the tub it does seem strange as if someone just threw it on the side in a hurry. My towels are nicely folded and I would leave them hanging up until I was getting out of the tub. Seems strange, too that if she was getting into the tub she out put a towel there where she could have easily knocked it into the water. Who gets into a dry tub??? You fill it with water first.

KS has way too many bruises for just falling in the tub and they are not consistent with a fall. No one gets that many bruises on them from exercising when the bruise goes all the way to the bone. Even people who bruise easily would not have that many bruises on them. What was wrong with the original ME and why did he not realize that?????? jmo

ETA: I only wish that the State would be able to show similiar bruising in photos of others and how they came by the bruising from DV photos.

abbie

This article is from 2009 but I haven't found anything that says Stephen is not supporting him. In fact, Stephen lost his job in LE due to complications arising from his Dad's problems....

Drew Peterson’s adult son says he and his four siblings know their dad’s innocent of murder, the Chicago Tribune reports. “All of the children of Drew Peterson fully support their father and know that he is innocent of the charges against him,” Stephen Peterson said today in a statement. “We know him better than anyone else in the world and we know he is not guilty.”

http://www.newser.com/story/58661/petersons-kids-say-hes-innocent.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member