Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was on TD when all of that with Adam was going on I could tell that WS was not highly regarded there but didn't want to bring that up. Yeah, Cajun CoDe has had it rough over there.

In the 1999 rape case, we can read a document that states what happened and it sounds terrible. The crime was much, much worse. It went on for hours according to sources- an absolutely brutal attack. So while the court document in Mickey's case is factual, it may be sanitized.

Oh, I agree. The pleading in Mickey's case is absolutely sanitized. They almost always are. The difference between the two documents, if I remember correctly, is that the document in the 1999 case was an investigative report prepared by LE. It may have been filed at some point as part of discovery, but it was an actual piece of evidence prepared by LE. In Mickey's case, it was an actual pleading prepared by attorneys and is not actually evidence. The pleadings are always more generic or sanitized than an investigative report.

I am a local and have followed Mickey's case from the very beginning...through the media and eventually found my way here to WS. I have a tendency to obsess about things...and this was no different. I have so many emotions right now that I have a hard time expressing them. I was so involved with reading these threads and the different theories that sometimes I forgot that it was actually real. Not only was it real, but it was in my hometown. I lived in Baton Rouge for school during DTL and that was such a horrifying experience. I actually lived near one of the victims and went to school with another. It makes you realize that you can't take life for granted. Because I was so invested in this case, I feel as though I have a void now. I don't know what to think or feel anymore. I have such a high admiration for Mickey...I don't know, if faced with the same situation, I could have done the things she did. What an amazing young woman. I have so much respect for her family as well. Sorry if this is all over the place...I just haven't been able to express my feelings since hearing of the incidents of that horrible night. I am not satisfied that we have gotten all of the details and that is something I struggle with. Not because it is any of my business, but because I feel like BSL got the easy way out. He harmed Mickey during her life and was able to use her death too...as a bargaining tool. I just can't comprehend all of it. Thanks for letting me release some of my emotions. Also, thanks to all of you for being here...I learned so much from these threads and it amazes me at how wonderful our community was in Bringing Mickey Home.

Based on comments he has made on TD, it's pretty apparent that Adam is not a fan of WS. I don't think he'll be back on here again, so your best bet is to visit the other site and read his postings there.

I have been but now it is only bits and pieces. My hat is off to him for being so observant and bringing it to LE!

I am a local and have followed Mickey's case from the very beginning...through the media and eventually found my way here to WS. I have a tendency to obsess about things...and this was no different. I have so many emotions right now that I have a hard time expressing them. I was so involved with reading these threads and the different theories that sometimes I forgot that it was actually real. Not only was it real, but it was in my hometown. I lived in Baton Rouge for school during DTL and that was such a horrifying experience. I actually lived near one of the victims and went to school with another. It makes you realize that you can't take life for granted. Because I was so invested in this case, I feel as though I have a void now. I don't know what think or feel anymore. I have such a high admiration for Mickey...I don't know, if faced with the same situation, I could have done the things she did. What an amazing young woman. I have so much respect for her family as well. Sorry if this is all over the place...I just haven't been able to express my feelings since hearing of the incidents of that horrible night. I am not satisfied that we have gotten all of the details and that is something I struggle with. Not because it is any of my business, but because I feel like BSL got the easy way out. He harmed Mickey during her life and was able to use her death too...as a bargaining tool. I just can't comprehend all of it. Thanks for letting me release some of my emotions. Also, thanks to all of you for being here...I learned so much from these threads and it amazes me at how wonderful our community was in Bringing Mickey Home.

that is what is a positive outcome about this hurtful thing done to someone harmless as a dove, making those following the case think, being more aware and thinking ahead of time as to how to respond to a dangerous situation, what would you do? You are forced to kick in to survival mode, do what is necessary to survive the situation, you are fighting for your own life.

Ok, I have one question and I know it's delayed, quite a bit, but I just read the statement in support of the plea agreement again and I can't get this outta my head...

He attempted to clean out his z71.... How did he clean out his truck with her body still in it...??? It doesn't say he moved her from the truck when he got home.... Wouldn't that be significant?

I don't know if it matters at this point but, it was stuck in my head and I had to post it...

Its for reasons like this that I do not believe we got the "true" story. A lot of it doesn't add up to me either.

Yes he is. I don't even know him and I had just joined the other site a few days before he started speaking of his sister in law. His personal story is what kept me going back to read those post in those days.

I remember when the DWT came to light and and it hit him that there might be a connection to the SIL and BSL. It was one of those "OMG can this be" moments. How shocking when all the lights in my brain went off while reading that back then. I know he was a wreck. Poor guy. I hope his SIL appreciates him. He might have saved her life.

I'm sure she appreciates him...Not only did BSL kill innocent people,the dude was a cheater and roaming casanova from what it looks like.:maddening:

jujube, then I'm sure they've heard it before..LOL

Sorry, removing my foot from my mouth,...again..

Probably they've heard the jokes.:)

I'm not sure he was actually planning on burning it until the footage was released by the MSM.

IMO, you're right. If any part of the crime took place inside his truck there's no way to be 100% sure he was able to clean it enough to remove all the evidence.

FYI- MSNBC report from July 7, 2012

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/48104343#48104343

Police make arrest in missing student case
Updated 10:25 a.m. ET, Sat., July 7, 2012
Authorities in Louisiana have charged a 33-year-old convicted sex offender with the kidnapping and murder of 21-year-old college student Mickey Shunick. NBC’s Mark Potter reports.

Probably they've heard the jokes.:)

IMO, you're right. If any part of the crime took place inside his truck there's no way to be 100% sure he was able to clean it enough to remove all the evidence.

I agree, jujube.
If the sequence of events that BSL outlined in his plea deal were accurate, and if he did return to his house with Mickey in the front seat of his truck after shooting her at the rice field location. Then it would have been virtually impossible to remove the forensic evidence or the foul odor from the DWT's interior, which would have grown progressively worse due to the summer heat.

Don't remember if it was hearsay, or if BSL had first attempted to have the interior of the DWT replaced prior to the arson. This may have added incentive for BSL's desperate act of torching the DWT..

Seem plausible?...

While driving?? Could it be on camera some where that we've never seen??

im not sure what you mean donamena. the post i am looking for was from someone who hadnt posted frequently and i remember reading and asking myself "who the heck are you to come in here and post random cajunnet" and thinking ab it now, the poster hit the nail on the head. all be dang, but im gonna go back and re read.

Yeah, I was on TD when all of that with Adam was going on I could tell that WS was not highly regarded there but didn't want to bring that up. Yeah, Cajun CoDe has had it rough over there.

It's interesting. I post there as well (albeit very infrequently), and there are some pluses and minuses to each site. Over there, for instance, the discussion is more free-form (read: less moderated), so that can be a double-edged sword. Sure, you'll get a lot more street chatter --which can be absolute truth, close-to-truth, highly inaccurate, or outright lies (some of which are malicious and personal). Overall, the info can be less reliable, but even still, there are the Adam4LSU types, who are very closely connected to events, either directly or via connections of one type or another.

Problem I have with TD (specifically their open discussion/rant board) is that it has often been a haven for mouth-breathing racists and other assortments of double-digit IQ nitwits. And with less moderation comes more of a platform for these types to air their stupidity.

(snipped)
Problem I have with TD (specifically their open discussion/rant board) is that it has often been a haven for mouth-breathing racists and other assortments of double-digit IQ nitwits. And with less moderation comes more of a platform for these types to air their stupidity.

Not to mention the rampant sexism and male chauvinism!

I remember saying that BSL had a lot of nerve. And that's what I think...the dude was a nervy person and felt superior toward females. He probably assumed every chick he'd offer rides home would go along with his trickster plans once they noticed he was taking them where he wanted to go. Ugh, I knew a punk like that before. The kind that uses ulterior motives to get what he wants.

Ulterior Motives--
Lying beyond what is seen or avowed; intentionally kept concealed: ulterior motives. 2. coming at a subsequent time or stage; future; further: ulterior action.
Ulterior Motives is about the interface between motivation and thinking. Your goals have a huge influence on your behavior.

I remember saying that BSL had a lot of nerve. And that's what I think...the dude was a nervy person and felt superior toward females. He probably assumed every chick he'd offer rides home would go along with his trickster plans once they noticed he was taking them where he wanted to go. Ugh, I knew a punk like that before. The kind that uses ulterior motives to get what he wants.

Ulterior Motives--
Lying beyond what is seen or avowed; intentionally kept concealed: ulterior motives. 2. coming at a subsequent time or stage; future; further: ulterior action.
Ulterior Motives is about the interface between motivation and thinking. Your goals have a huge influence on your behavior.
Mickey sure wasn't going to put up with that,and that's when I think things got ugly before any of his goals were reached. I don't think anything sexual in nature happened between them at all. JMO.

I agree completely. They don't have to include every single detail to illustrate what happened. After all, they do need to leave something for the book!
Besides, if BSL told what he said to Mickey, would anyone really believe him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni