Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have any info on it? How long ago? I'm curious... I will see my contact later this week.. Maybe get some clarification!

just as recent as yesterday or the day before. If i remember correctly, she has been missing for a while. I will try to find it again. Sometimes i cannot open the town talk, but will look.

Tom Shunick was also seen by people who live in the area near Dean St searching after he returned home from offshore.

Yes he was. It is also part of the area searched by LE with dogs and crime scene tape. From the locals that posted that was the only area in that vacinity that specifically had dogs and crime scene tape.

It as well takes me back to the May 21st statement released by LE that they were not ruling out foul play.

this man hit Mighty Mickey on her bike...continued to drive with her in his truck.....stabbed her many times ...shot her in the head and killed her....how many of us would ever in a million years ever think of doing such a thing......this is an evil thing to do.....and i cannot feel sorry for him one little bit.

In every single thing he professed guilt of he played the victim.
Think about this. He has serious convictions against him regarding ( to date) 3 women.
My father is in his 80's, my husband, bros, bros in laws, male friends, neighbors, etc. Have never once been convicted of any crime against any woman. Jmo.....he cannot expect anybody to believe he is no culpable in these crimes.

chicken fried ~
i do not know you nor anything about you. Most of what you have stated in terms of what went down, i have very many times agreed with you.
Allusonz is not attacking you or your theory, beliefs. She is merely disagreeing with you and you are taking it personal, which surprises me. I agree with allusonz, that the truth was probably not told. Bsl is a convicted sex offender, a proven liar and only worried about his own skin. The fact is that he was looking for sex on the eveining he abducted mickey. As sad as that is, it is true. Initially, i believed that because things didn't go his way and ms wounded him, that he probably did not sexually assault her. I have rethought that and changed my position. Yes, he was wounded, probably very painfully. However, his wounds were not life threatening as originally stated. When he returned to bury mickey, he dug a 5 foot grave, despite his hand wounds, which were depicted as his most serious of wounds. No one is going to convince me that he did not sexually assault her during life or in her death. We are dealing with a very, very sick individual. Having painfully said this, it is in no disrespect toward ms, our heroine. Despite her best efforts, he killed her and admitted to that, along with killing lp. What he never mentioned nor owned up to was; no matter how badly injured, this did not deter his sexual appetite and original intention to sexually assault mickey / or have sex with a prostitute
that evening. I believe that just as much as his will to survive that attack, he was determined to get his jollies off, show her / punish her / make her pay "for what she did to him." it was all her fault. Again, he is not responsible. That is how it stacks up in his mind. He is the victim. As for myself, i have never been raped, thankfully, am not a forensic physchiatrist, or le. I am basing my judgement of the night's events solely on his past meniacal record of lying and trying to persuade people to believe him. All of these thoughts are my own and i mean no disrespect toward mickey, you or anyone else. I merely beg to differ with what you believe. Despite all of our opinions of what went down that night, it does not change the fact that she is responsible for bringing him down and being locked up for life in angola tonight + he will not attack, abduct, assault another woman because of her brave actions to fight him off. Mickey is everyone's heroine and bsl has ruined the lives of a loving family who will forever miss their brutally slain daughter and sister. It is so senseless and tragic. Having said all of this, i respect you and anybody else's opinion to disagree. These are my thoughts only. Very sadly.

This was expressed so much better than my lame attempt!

Thanks!

On Websleuths you will find a diverse group of people with diverse perspectives. Not all perspectives are the same. It is what makes this forum unique.

When an individual gives testimony in a Court of Law they take an oath to tell the truth. The same is done when you affix your signature to legal documents. You are swearing that the contents of that document/s are truthful.

I stand by my post. It is my firm opinion that the truth has not been told by BSL, specifically within the Plea Agreement. I as well stand by my opinion that Mickey was chosen not simply to kill. BSL's movtives were deeper than that. This is my post. In no way was it addressed to anyone in particular. It was simply my opinion.
I believe and hope that we will discover more crimes against women from BSL. And that he will eventually get the death penalty. Jmo
Having him confess works for now. Let's keep going. There's more I feel certain.
P.s I quite often feel I am not expressing myself where others understand what I mean to be saying. Perhaps I need to explain myself better. I am guessing I should.

Oh, I agree. The pleading in Mickey's case is absolutely sanitized. They almost always are. The difference between the two documents, if I remember correctly, is that the document in the 1999 case was an investigative report prepared by LE. It may have been filed at some point as part of discovery, but it was an actual piece of evidence prepared by LE. In Mickey's case, it was an actual pleading prepared by attorneys and is not actually evidence. The pleadings are always more generic or sanitized than an investigative report.

There was also a plea deal involved with this case as well. 13 years ago rape was not dealt with the same way it is today yet the detectives in their initial report felt that she was not telling the entire story and asked her mom to see if she would open up to her. That is very telling to me that the detectives then felt that strongly about it.

I believe and hope that we will discover more crimes against women from BSL. And that he will eventually get the death penalty. Jmo
Having him confess works for now. Let's keep going. There's more I feel certain.
P.s I quite often feel I am not expressing myself where others understand what I mean to be saying. Perhaps I need to explain myself better. I am guessing I should.

I have a great excuse called foot and mouth disease. My foot is more often in the wrong place. Maybe that is my mouth. :giggle:

I believe that there are indeed more victims and additional charges.

I think he is remorseful about one thing....getting caught. That's it. Something tells me, if he wasn't under arrest, he would not have voluntarily come in and told LE "I feel bad for the Shunick family, I regret what I did, let me lead you to Mickey and tell you what I did. MOO.....not a chance. If he wasn't under arrest, he never would have taken them to Mickey. He did so because he is concerned about one person's preservation...his own.

ITA. And remember, when he plead guilty in 1999, he avoided the warrant that had been issued for abusing his wife and he avoided military court for being AWOL. It also seemed to help him avoid being charged with Lisa's murder for 13 years. Now, it seems to me, this guilty plea is also to avoid the microscope for this crime and his other crimes. I hope all the different jurisdictions are looking at him closely.

I was about to say something similar.

He sure seems legit...
:please: he'd shed some light on BSL

I feel, and have felt since the very beginning of this thread that BSL was out and about WAY before 2008.

His family would know EXACTLy when he was released and yet, even though several members were on here at various times, none of them ever volunteered that information. Just an observation. Nothing more......

When you get caught up in a story about someone as horrible as BSL, you tend to forget that there are innocent people who go to prison everyday. I have a family member who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a woman. He served 10 years in Angola before they found the guilty person! It does happen, and no one is immune to being the victim of either a killer or the system.

I am so sorry to hear about your family member. I have been following the Ryan Ferguson case for some time now as I believe that not only is he innocent but his friend that had the dream 2 years later is as well.

BS, BS, BS.
That is all I can say in response to his "remorse." A suicide note with the location of Mickey's body, next to his dead body, maybe I would believe he was remorseful.

The unadulterated gall of any person to inflict such a ruse as this on the general public is a slap in the face to the memory of MS. He was hoping to escape the death penalty and that the investigation into a girl who was kidnapped and killed ONE MILE from his sister's house -- he was hoping to avoid the death penalty in TEXAS -- cause you know -- as Ron White says -- TEXAS HAS AN EXPRESS LANE -- and it is calling yo name BS Lavergne -- it is sho calling your name.

Furthermore -- evil is evil. There is no forgiveness for Satanic acts. When you call the devil out -- you stomp on hiim and insult him. There is a daily battle that goes on here on earth for our souls -- and there is no forgiveness until there is repentence. I am a Christian -- but I will fight against evil people and principalities -- and there is no forgiveness for BSL until ALL the crimes are confessed to and ALL the stories and participants are known and outed. Then ...in time....Christians are called to forgive. Not now -- cause it is not over yet. When everything has been investigated and everything is cleared up -- THEN -- if he shows true repentence in prison -- then we are called to forgive. It is my opinion, but I am not going to smooth over and pretend true evil does not exist on this earth because I am here to tell you IT DOES.

My heart does not bleed for these inmates. Too bad it's too hot. It's also too hot for a lot of people who can't afford electricity or a/c. These creeps should appreciate the chance to acclimate themselves to what it will be like in the end for them!. I can only hope BSL is very uncomfortable; he deserves it!

I came across an interesting entry in this blog today:
http://nickswalk.blogspot.com/2012/08/no-cookies-for-you-today.html

Please note that I don't agree with everything stated in the blog. I'm posting it because it gives a perspective from someone who visits Angola regularly.

I've been curious!

Peace to all. :eek:fftobed:

Ahhhhhh! If this guy hurts some innocent child or woman, I will go BANANAS!!!
http://www.katc.com/mobile/story.cfm?n=249669

Oh, just lovely. :waiting:

The US Marshals Office is asking for the public's help in finding an escaped inmate and sex offender who was last seen in Lafayette.

Cornette is a sex offender and has several mental and psychological problems.

He is serving a 21 month sentence, and escaped on his way to a halfway house!

Oh, just lovely. :waiting:

The US Marshals Office is asking for the public's help in finding an escaped inmate and sex offender who was last seen in Lafayette.

Cornette is a sex offender and has several mental and psychological problems.

He is serving a 21 month sentence, and escaped on his way to a halfway house!

It's great that they've released his picture. This is a man who looks like the stereotype of a criminal/rapist so he may be easy to catch.

It's great that they've released his picture. This is a man who looks like the stereotype of a criminal/rapist so he may be easy to catch.

Shades of Gary Hilton! I think he was found in Cherokee Co Ga... about 10 miles from my freakin house! IIRC...
or maybe it was a Cherokee Co deputy that had him on his dash cam prioir to his capture??? I just remember I was creeped out when he was finally caught!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3LUc78vbDk"]can only imagine - YouTube[/ame]

I will never grasp following a god that allowed this child to be so brutally yanked away from her MOTHER family friends and loved ones.
Really really trying here, I really am.

To this day my children still ask about the damn white truck. They wont forget the day I said road trip, we are searching white mfing trucks.

I could not imagine losing one of my babies. Mickey lit up my heart the first time I saw her face. I will never forget her. My only regret, besides the wrong person being dead, is that I read what the devil says happened.
I may not believe in god like I would like but I def do believe in the devil.

May you rest in peace sweet girl.

This song tends to break me down and bring it all back around.

Much love and strength to all families involved.

Like what they say or not, he does deserve praise, along with the car salesperson, along with the biological 1/2 sister, along with the Shunicks, along with LE, along with the DA and all the others who had a part in putting BSL behind bars forever.

Perhaps, but if it were me and I had a serial killer in my family (through marriage or not), I'd be humble and careful not to come across as smug.

I am glad that all good citizens reported what they saw that helped put BSL away and hope that all of us here would do the same. It's just simply the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow