Prince Harry of Wales

I too am very upset that this was released.
Matt Drudge should be ashamed for this irresponsible reporting.
:mad:

This puts not only Harry in danger but all of the soldiers who are near him.
Horrible, just horrible.

Harry just wanted to be treated like his fellow soldiers who had to go.
I believe that is very honorable of him considering he could have easliy gotten out of deploying like I've seen more than a few guys do in my carrer....but then Drudge had to ruin it for a little bit of notoriety.
Nice. Real classy. :mad:

I don't want a media that agrees to media black outs.
As I said before the Brits should be proud of Prince Harry,
And we should all be proud of freedom of the press.

Prince Harry pulled from Afghanistan:

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Prince Harry is to be pulled out of Afghanistan immediately amid fears for his safety after news of his deployment was made public, the British defense ministry said Friday.

The 23-year-old Household Cavalry officer, who has been fighting the Taliban in Helmand Province for 10 weeks, is set to be flown home to the UK.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/29/prince.afghanistan/index.html

He is not the first royal to fight, and I think that yes it brings a positive spin to the royal family while Diana's inquest is going on, but i am more willing to believe this guy who is clearly a free spirit wanted to travel with his unit and do his duty. And of course they had to pull him once Drudge did their job because the whole unit was in jeopardy...hope the Drudge report thinks it was worth it...

And to this end, let's take a quick run through of the number of politicians in the US who have children on active duty in Iraq...ummm...wait a minute...gotta be someone....uhhhh...thinkin'.......

They are pulling him out.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333789,00.html

ONDON — Britain's defense chief decided Friday to pull Prince Harry out of Afghanistan after news of his deployment was leaked in the media.

Air Chief Marshal Jock Stirrup, the chief of the Defense Staff, made the decision to immediately withdraw the prince after senior commanders assessed the risks, the Defense Ministry said in a statement.

I think this stinks for Harry. His one chance in a life time to be anonymous.I'm all for freedom of the press,but there are times when some stories should be sat on. There was nothing to gain for anyone divulging this info.He wanted to actually do some good for his country instead of going to polo matches and Drudge ruined it. Would it have hurt to wait 6 months or so to let the guy finish out his tour? I feel really bad for Harry and his buddies.

I think this stinks for Harry. His one chance in a life time to be anonymous.I'm all for freedom of the press,but there are times when some stories should be sat on. There was nothing to gain for anyone divulging this info.He wanted to actually do some good for his country instead of going to polo matches and Drudge ruined it. Would it have hurt to wait 6 months or so to let the guy finish out his tour? I feel really bad for Harry and his buddies.

I totally agree. Is the Drudge Report trying to compete with Perez & Ted Casablancas? "Guess who was seen canoodling with their AK47 in Afghanistan." Should have let the guy serve out his tour.

This is really ashame. I feel badly for him. This was an opportunity for him to be somewhat "normal" and just be one of the guys. Whoever broke this story really just needs to be slapped!

He's a cutie. I love that red hair. I agree, this was a chance for him to be normal and one of the guys - and for him to prove his leadership abilities. I am sorry it had to be ruined for him by negligent reporting!

They are pulling him out.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333789,00.html

ONDON — Britain's defense chief decided Friday to pull Prince Harry out of Afghanistan after news of his deployment was leaked in the media.

Air Chief Marshal Jock Stirrup, the chief of the Defense Staff, made the decision to immediately withdraw the prince after senior commanders assessed the risks, the Defense Ministry said in a statement.
Poor Harry. For once he was getting treated like he wanted....normal. Now it is all over thanks to Drudge. :mad: I hope he returns safely.

I don't want a media that agrees to media black outs.
As I said before the Brits should be proud of Prince Harry,
And we should all be proud of freedom of the press.

I don't want that kind of media, either... but I think media outlets owe it to their establishment to stop a moment and think about what they are putting out there. Like when Geraldo, like a jackass, gave out the military movement plan and location on live tv, that time. He pretty much gave the enemies the heads up on to what was coming. It was crazy for him to expose that.

What was to be gained by exposing Prince Harry on the frontlines? he had been there since December, doing his duty with no outside troubles. The Drudge report goes and exposes him, pretty much giving terrorists a definitive mark to go after and not only putting him in danger, but also his unit and any other allied country's soldiers (like ours) that are out there. Is it not enough that they are already in a world of danger? adding to it doesn't help... and that is what Drudge and crew did.

I saw this a link about this a while ago and decided not to peek. I think Harry is really a cutie, and seeing bare photos would tarnish that. I like surprises, but not the Harry kind.

:what:

Her Majesty, Granny, must be delighted.

I wish the paparazzi would just leave them alone!

After all... it has been very, very hot in Vegas! :wink:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back