Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The witness repeats that he and Drew had “several conversations” about going into a bar/pizzeria business together. “And it never happened, did it?” “No.” “You had plenty of personal conversations with Drew at work?” “Yes . . . we talked almost every day that we were there.” “During those conversations, is it your testimony that Drew never once asked you that question?” “Not then.” “He only asked you after you signed a document, when he was in uniform?” “Yes.” “That was the only time he ever did it?” “Yes.” “And you worked with him for almost two years?” “I don’t recall how long it was; I don’t know when he started there . . . I don’t remember what year it was.” “Anything refresh your memory?” “No.” “You’d talk about your wives and your families and other things?” “Yes.” ‘At work?” “Yes.”

In Session He knew Drew as friendly and hard-working. “You described him as an honest person?” “Yes.” “You said that Drew helped you clear up the sex conviction?” “He got me on the right path.” “You registered for ten years?” “Yes.” “So when you claim you went on this ride-along, you were a convicted sex offender?” “Yes.” “And you say you went to the Bolingbrook P.D. and filled out a form?” “Yes.” “You prepared for your testimony in this case?” “Yes.” “At no time, have you ever seen that permission slip?” “No.” “It doesn’t exist, as far as you know?” “No.” “You weren’t shown that slip before you testified today?” “NO.” “How many people have you killed?” “None.” “You’re not in a street gang, are you?” “No.” “You don’t even own a gun, do you?” “No.” “You don’t even know what it’s like to plan a killing, do you?” “No.” “Did Drew ever use the words ‘kill my wife’?” “NO, he did not.” “When he told you this, you didn’t go to the FBI?” “No.” “It was only after you saw Nancy Grace that you came forward?” “After I saw Nancy Grace, yes.”

BBM. Maybe I missed something. What permission slip are they talking about?

I'm actually surprised they do/did ride alongs in Bolingbrook. IIRC, ride alongs were dropped/done away with prior to KS's death. IIRC, they ended for insurance? reasons many many years ago. Hmm... I can't help but wonder if Drew called them ride alongs even though Bolingbrook did away with them previously. (I am unsure if BB does ride alongs or not. The above is based on other local municipalities having not done ride alongs in ages.)

Correction: Pachter acknowledges that #DrewPeterson never specifically asked him to "kill" Savio.

Pachter: no notes, recording of alleged conversation in squad car.

Conversation in squad was November 2004. Pachter says Savio's name wasn't mentioned.

Pachter says that #DrewPeterson never gave him Savio's name, address or picture to carry out the alleged hit.

In Session The witness denies a police report that says Drew asked him to go on a ride-along after the men had gone bowling. “Remember stating to these state police officers, saying Drew asked you to go on a ride-along after you’d gone bowling?” “I did not tell them that.” “Is that wrong?” “Yes.” “So they didn’t get that right, either, right?” “No.”

"sex offender" when he was only a couple years older than the girl.......Drew was 30 years older than his underage minor girlfriend with whom he was having an adulterous affair. That is repulsive IMO

Ya, I know. FWIW, the age of consent in IL is 17 and there are no romeo juliet laws for a few years age difference in IL like there are in other states. That is why an 18 yr old can be convicted if they are involved with a 16 yr old. Ridiculous, but IL law is what it is......

I'm actually surprised they do/did ride alongs in Bolingbrook. IIRC, ride alongs were dropped/done away with prior to KS's death. IIRC, they ended for insurance? reasons many many years ago. Hmm... I can't help but wonder if Drew called them ride alongs even though Bolingbrook did away with them previously. (I am unsure if BB does ride alongs or not. The above is based on other local municipalities having not done ride alongs in ages.)

Maybe the 'permission slip' for the ridealong. I think the cop needs to have ridealongs signed off on by the bosses. [ like Drew would really do that]

My guess is DP had him sign the form in case DP was caught with him riding in the police car. After the ride the form was destroyed. jmo

Pachter says that #DrewPeterson wanted Savio dead because she "had something on him" and could go to the police...

Lopez offers to let Pachter see a document showing a felony charge he had was reduced. Pachter: No thank you.

Pachter: #DrewPeterson did not tell me why he wanted (Savio killed).

[ those statements seem to contradict each other..\\]

Maybe the 'permission slip' for the ridealong. I think the cop needs to have ridealongs signed off on by the bosses. [ like Drew would really do that]

It sounds like it. I'm just not sure Bolingbrook actually did ride alongs then. I'm wondering if Drew created/made up some kind of form or permission slip.

I remember asking our local LE about my doing a ride along and was told they no longer do them and have not for years. Too dangerous or the liabilities were too much. I forget but will try and find out. Anyhoo, I don't believe BB actually sanctioned ride alongs.

In Session The sidebar ends. “He never asked you if you committed any murders?” “No.” “He didn’t tell you how to break into a house?” “No.” “He didn’t drive by her house and point it out to you?” “Correct.” “Didn’t tell you if she was Caucasian or not, right?” “Yes.” “He didn’t give you any information?” “Correct.” “You thought it was a joke, didn’t you?” “No, I didn’t think it was a joke . . . I didn’t know how to take it.” “You didn’t know if he was joking?” “I don’t know.” “He didn’t call you up any time between when you said he made this statement until you called him?” “Right.” “He didn’t do anything?” “No.” “And you didn’t do anything?” “No.” “Because you didn’t’ make much of it?” “Correct.” “You saw him at work the next day, and he didn’t say anything at work?” “No.”

From the link...

Fifteen years ago, defense attorneys in New York asked for a mistrial after the jury began wearing identical colors to a death penalty case. The lawyers worried the matching attire meant the panel had surrendered individual opinions about the case, but when questioned by the judge, the jurors said they merely coordinated colors to release tension. The panel later convicted Avi Kostner of killing his children but declined to give him the death penalty.

And the paragraph above that one:

"These are not the first jurors, however, to dress alike.Lewis"Scooter" Libby's jury showed up wearing hearts on their shirts on Valentine's Day five years ago, and terror suspect Jose Padilla's panel donned red, white and blue in honor of Independence Day 2007. Both men were later convicted by their respective juries, though Libby was later pardoned."

So they mentioned 3 juries and all 3 convicted. Works for me.

In Session “You told the grand jurors that he referred to her as his ‘ex-wife’ . . . those were your words?” “Yes.” “During this conversation in the car, he never once mentioned the word ‘pension,’ did he?” “No.” “He never mentioned property settlement?” “No.” “Child support?” “No.” “Maintenance?” “No.” “You told the grand jury that he said his ex-wife had something on him?” “Yes.” “She was going to go to the police station?” “I don’t know if she was going to go there, or just call somebody.” “Didn’t you say she was going to go to the chief of police?” “No.”

Now Pachter says he doesn't know why DP wanted Savio dead. Lopez pushes on comment that Savio "had something" on DP.

witness Pachter gets laughs when asked if he wants to see the court file from his sex crime case. "No, thank you," he says.

atty Lopez asks Pachter if he knows how to write and suggests witness wants to write a book and make money from case...

Pachter says ride-along with DP took about 30-45 minutes. It was through Bolingbrook. There was no official police activity...

This man wouldn't want to come forward and humiliate himself by having his past sex offender status be made public.......he isn't benefiting from this in any way.
I hope that the jury can understand that. This is very hard for this witness

Now Pachter says he doesn't know why DP wanted Savio dead. Lopez pushes on comment that Savio "had something" on DP.

witness Pachter gets laughs when asked if he wants to see the court file from his sex crime case. "No, thank you," he says.

Lopez again suggest Pachter coming forward for $$, suggests he wants to write a book. Lopez: "Do you know how to write?" Pachter: "Yes."

Jury is in the courtroom, wearing brown #DrewPeterson

Someone who has been going to the trial said that the babysitter of the jurors, that that person wears a uniform coat, but even that "baliff" person wears a matching shirt to the jurors! She asked the baliff about it and that person said they were just doing it for fun.

Snipped and RBBM: This is just absolutely unacceptable -- AND -- this "bailiff" should KNOW BETTER than that ! He should be FIRED immediately !

This is NOT a game AND this is NOT FUN for Kathleen's family and friends :maddening:

This is a MURDER TRIAL in which a lady was murdered in cold blood and another lady has been MISSING for over 5 years now and IMO, was murdered in cold blood by the defendant :maddening:

And these :clown::clown: think this is funny ? :maddening:

Such behavior indicates to me that this jury is NOT taking this trial seriously, IMO ... and I do understand that it is hard to follow with all the sidebars, etc ...

But seriously ... this has gone too far ...

:moo:

atty Lopez finishes cross examination.

Redirect examination of Pachter begins #DrewPeterson

Pachter: told grand jury #DrewPeterson's demeanor "never changed. So you didn't know if he was serious or not."

Pachter: #DrewPeterson's demeanor was very laid back, he was very subdued, calm.

Pachter denies wanting media attention, says he didn't even want to come forward until authorities contacted him in 2007.

prosecutor Connor now asking questions on re-direct. Pachter says he had no plans to come forward before police contacted him.

[ This is huge, imo.]

Regarding the Jury clothing issue. Of course their duty should be taken seriously. Having said that with all the "pop tarting" perhaps this is just a way for them to deal. Deal mentally. We all look for ways to lighten the load under very stressful circumstances. As long as they deliberate seriously i don't see this as a huge issue :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong