GUILTY Canada - Guang Hua Liu, 41, found dismembered in Toronto area, 10 Aug 2012

Hmm... if it was an ex-boyfriend, then it was a domestic murder, as I suspected. I just wonder, if by 'ex-boyfriend', do they mean the man she was with when she died, or somebody else?

And that really was fast.

Yes, the investigators must have all the evidence they need for the arrest, maybe a confession? There was a search warrant for her townhouse, I wonder if that is the crime scene? JMO

Jun Qui Zheng? Estranged boyfriend and lives in Scarborough.

Cause of death not determined yet and some remains are still outstanding.

Chun Qi Jiang is the name of the arrested suspect.

The name of the accused is Chun Qi Jiang.
by Chris Doucette via email 12:13 PM

The Toronto Star link has been updated:

"'Estranged ex-boyfriend' charged in Hua Guang Liu killing

Construction labourer Chunqi Jiang, 40, appeared in Brampton court this morning. He was remanded in custody until his next court appearance on Sept. 10. Hua Guang Liu's remains were found at outdoor locations in Scarborough and Mississauga. "

more at link

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...-made-in-dismemberment-death-of-hua-guang-liu

WOW - a huge pat on the back for Toronto Police today. That was very quick :aktion: I figured since they were being so quiet, they had somebody in mind. Very very glad that whoever did this won't be able to do it to anyone else.

I hope the arrest brings some peace to everyone involved.

Actually it was a joint effort with the Toronto Police & Peel Region Police.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...in-toronto-dismemberment-case/article4500685/

He wasn’t known to police but quickly became part of their investigation into Ms. Liu’s death.

A number of aspects in the homicide are still being investigated, police said, including where and how Ms. Liu was killed. Police said some her remains still haven’t been found.

If the how is still unknown, that might indicate there was no confession.

ETA: or it could be that they are in the process of verifying what they've been told.

Actually it was a joint effort with the Toronto Police & Peel Region Police.

Sorry, kind of lumped them all in there together. Sometimes I have trouble keeping straight which areas of the GTA fall under which jurisdictions. But yes, that pat on the back extends to Peel Regional Police as well, of course.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...in-toronto-dismemberment-case/article4500685/

If the how is still unknown, that might indicate there was no confession.

ETA: or it could be that they are in the process of verifying what they've been told.

In the press conference the police spokesman mentioned "2nd degree" and "domestic". That would lead me to think it was an altercation that led to the death. Would dismembering the body and scattering the parts make a difference to the charge, or would that be another charge?

Just heard the news. So who is this guy? How did he know the victim? TIA

Sorry, kind of lumped them all in there together. Sometimes I have trouble keeping straight which areas of the GTA fall under which jurisdictions. But yes, that pat on the back extends to Peel Regional Police as well, of course.

The charges were laid by Peel Region and the Trial will be held there also.

I thought I heard a reporter ask during the conference whether he lived with her in Peterborough and the officer couldn't respond to that as he didn't know.

In the press conference the police spokesman mentioned "2nd degree" and "domestic". That would lead me to think it was an altercation that led to the death. Would dismembering the body and scattering the parts make a difference to the charge, or would that be another charge?

I am kind of confused too as dismemberment shows premeditation and deliberation. Plus there are charges for disturbing a dead body. Perhaps a lower charge for to keep him being bars until they sort it all out?

They should also see if he is related to Sonia Varaschin.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/12/16/opp-profile-sonia-varaschins-killer/

Some parts of the profile fit including victim age. The perp has had a year to evolve and this could be the same killer. Wonder where the perp was when Sonia died?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back