CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
prosecutor Koch says DP stood to inherit entire value of Savio's Bolingbrook home once she died. It was worth $300,000.

Koch reminding jurors about testimony of officer who had initial reservations about conduct of investigation.

Koch says Savio claimed Drew came in her home & held a knife to throat, saying "why don't u just die"

Now jurors are being reminded of the so-called, $25,000 "hit-man" offer. #DrewPeterson

Koch: "the intent is clear, with the knife on the throat, the motive is clear, 'I am angry about paying child support.'

My life would be easier if she was just dead or died" Koch quotes Drew's statement about Savio to another cop friend

"I could kill you and make you disappear" Koch quotes Drew saying to Savio, according to witness Mary Parks

prosecutor Koch implores the jury to consider how many witnesses - at least 3 - said that Savio feared Peterson killing her.

Koch says Drew told his insurance agent that Savio's death was drug related--even tho there's no evidence of drugs

If she was murdered I'd be one of the suspects" Koch quotes Drew

"The night that Kathy was found it's 'I just found my ex-wife dead, they're going to think I did it.'"

Defense tries to object several more times but judge overrules each time, saying jury will decide

Koch says #DrewPeterson made conflicting statements after Savio death. "It's deflection, deflection, deflection."

Koch: If Savio's death were an accident, why was DP telling people he'd be suspected of foul play?

"I guess I'll get the whole house now!" Koch says Drew said to friend

"He forcibly held her down so she could inhale fluid and she could drown" says Koch

Koch tells jurors about Stacy's convo w/priest, said Drew gone the night Savio died, then came home & washed women's clothes...

Wow wow wow! He is firing on all cylinders! Taking no prisoners! Blowing it all out of the water! The snippets I've read are AWESOME!
Wish I could hear the passion

In Session Koch now moves to the testimony of Neil Schori. "He said she told him that sometime in the early morning hours he's there, standing by the washer and dryer, dressed in black, putting clothes from a bag in the washer, his clothes in the washer, and then walking away. She told Neil Schori there were women's clothes, and they weren't hers. Soon after that, she had a conversation with him, and the defendant told her soon the police would be wanting to interview her. And he told her what to say to the police . . . it took hours. She said she lied. She lied to the police. So not only do you have all that other evidence, you have his wife who tells Neil Schori about the night he came home with these items of clothes in this bag."

Koch on Stacy Peterson's conversation with Harry Smith: "It was, 'I have information about HOW he killed Kathy.' How.

Koch repeats convo Stacy had w/Savio divorce atty saying she knew how Drew killed Savio. "He caused her death" Koch said

In Session ‎"A couple of months later, she [Stacy] called Harry Smith . . . she wanted to know if the fact that he killed Kathy could be used against him in the divorce . . . 'I have information about how he killed Kathy' . . . that conversation transpired in October of 2007. Common sense, everyday experiences."

prosecutor reminds jury that both Schori and Savio divorce atty Harry Smith testified Stacy implicated DP in Savio death...

"Taking all of that information together and drawing reasonable inferences from them... we have proved to you.." that DP killed Savio...

Koch ends: "We are asking that you find him guilty."

Koch ends closing arguments. #DrewPeterson trial in a brief recess.

In Session ‎"He held her underwater, and he pushed her down. Because of that, we are asking that you find him guilty, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Thank you." This ends the prosecution's closing argument.
about a minute ago · Like · 1
In Session The judge calls a brief recess at this time. He leaves the bench.

prosecutor Koch says "we have proved...beyond a reasonable doubt that he entered that home...and forcibly held her down so she could inhale fluid and she could drown" .

prosecutor Koch ends his closing after 1 hour, 9 minutes. Jury taking a five minute break.

In Session Koch now moves to the testimony of Neil Schori. "He said she told him that sometime in the early morning hours he's there, standing by the washer and dryer, dressed in black, putting clothes from a bag in the washer, his clothes in the washer, and then walking away. She told Neil Schori there were women's clothes, and they weren't hers. Soon after that, she had a conversation with him, and the defendant told her soon the police would be wanting to interview her. And he told her what to say to the police . . . it took hours. She said she lied. She lied to the police. So not only do you have all that other evidence, you have his wife who tells Neil Schori about the night he came home with these items of clothes in this bag."

wish there was more about the woman's clothes. What were they? What happened to them after they were washed? Why would he be washing them just to have to dispose of them afterward anyway. Doesn't make sense.......

Koch pointed at #DrewPeterson five times during his argument. Drew took lots of notes. Jury apparently did not, but was paying attention.

wish there was more about the woman's clothes. What were they? What happened to them after they were washed? Why would he be washing them just to have to dispose of them afterward anyway. Doesn't make sense.......

It makes sense to me. If you are going to dispose of something, you don't want them to be wet and bloody. Nobody notices clean laundered clothes in a goodwill box or a dumpster.

It makes sense to me. If you are going to dispose of something, you don't want them to be wet and bloody. Nobody notices clean laundered clothes in a goodwill box or a dumpster.

Makes better sense to not bring the crime scene home with you, lol.

BBM
Good to know DP can so accurately predict the future. Hope this isn't lost on the jurors.

Wonder what the crystal ball is telling DP now?

Makes better sense to not bring the crime scene home with you, lol.

But if he was trying to make it look like an accident, he needed to get some of the bloody, torn clothing out of the way. Where else could e take them but home to wash them?

Did the judge say how much of a recess/break they are taking before the DT closing begins?

But if he was trying to make it look like an accident, he needed to get some of the bloody, torn clothing out of the way. Where else could e take them but home to wash them?

I really don't have the mind of a killer, but one thing I know is that I would not be bringing proof of what I did home and then put it in the washer. I would find something else to do with it so as not to have to dispose of the stuff more than once and certainly not have it in my house.

Yeah. Better to throw out clean clothes as opposed to bloody ones.

I hope the PT points out that the clothes Kathleen took off weren't missing, they were just in DP's washing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member