The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a man who identified himself as a hold-out. He said that when they took their first vote it was 6 or 7 Guilty and 4 Not Guilty. By the afternoon, they were at about 8 Guilty. He said that he couldn't come up with anything in his mind that was beyond a reasonable doubt that Drew was there and committed that crime.

An alternate juror also spoke and said that it was a tough call because you are possibly putting a person away for the rest of their life. She would have voted Guilty and thus, agreed with the verdict.

I also liked reading about Rev. Schori being so pleased with the verdict. He said that he wished that they (the jury) had been able to hear ALL that Stacy said.

I am looking forward to hearing from the rest of the jurors.
The Drew Peterson case is going to be featured this evening on Dateline NBC.

My fellow Websleuths.....this has been an intense experience. I am grateful for all of you!

I missed most of what he said, but Joey Jackson said on IS yesterday that he thinks it's wrong when they hold all the press conferences (like this DT did) and make it all about themselves. I agree. They act like they're celebrities or rock stars and to me they're more like scum.

Maybe the more reputable defense attorneys don't take cases like this. Seems this defense team was in it for the notoriety - didn't they say at one point they did the work pro bono?

a man who identified himself as a hold-out. He said that when they took their first vote it was 6 or 7 Guilty and 4 Not Guilty. By the afternoon, they were at about 8 Guilty. He said that he couldn't come up with anything in his mind that was beyond a reasonable doubt that Drew was there and committed that crime.

An alternate juror also spoke and said that it was a tough call because you are possibly putting a person away for the rest of their life. She would have voted Guilty and thus, agreed with the verdict.

I also liked reading about Rev. Schori being so pleased with the verdict. He said that he wished that they (the jury) had been able to hear ALL that Stacy said.

I am looking forward to hearing from the rest of the jurors.
The Drew Peterson case is going to be featured this evening on Dateline NBC.

My fellow Websleuths.....this has been an intense experience. I am grateful for all of you!

IDK if they will be-but there is a good chance most jurors will be on tonight-l really want hear more from them!

I hope everyone is still as happy as I am today! Happy Friday!

**I remember way back there when it was determined Drew's 'plane' was that little tryke deal. Of course, all he had to do was use tie-downs and strap Stacy's body (or the cable tote he had) to the little seat deal behind him. It could be done, IMO. Then rig the tie-downs to where he could easily release them. But where? Only DP knows where Stacy wound up. She could have been cremated and scattered. We can guess until the cows come home, but we will never know for sure unless she is found. It's just me, but I'm afraid she will never be found.

MOO

were sleazy, but I read an interesting commentary from Sam Adam jr. who was one the father-son team that represented Blago at his first trial discussing how much the people of Will County do not like Cook County attorneys.
Lopez, Brodsky, Greenberg are all city slickers.....(not all of us are like that though --haha) Will County has as a very different mind-set than Cook County.
A defense attorney who had a different demeanor may very well have been able to more effectively represent Drew....but I don't know that the outcome would have been different.
I think that the attorney who is representing George Zimmerman--which is a very highly charged case has a softer more polite demeanor. I think that it is effective. If Brodsky or any of the other clowns were representing Zimmerman there would be even greater contempt for him.
Having said that, I think that Greenberg is VERY smart. I think that he is the brightest of that bunch by a long shot. Brodsky remains a joke and Lopez is engaging and can be persuasive, but he sure failed here.

Maybe the more reputable defense attorneys don't take cases like this. Seems this defense team was in it for the notoriety - didn't they say at one point they did the work pro bono?

Ugh. Brodsky just shown on IS saying (I assume yesterday) that DP is ok with 'whatever' as long as his kids are ok. Does DP really think his kids are "ok"?????? IMO they must be going through hell.

BBM
Well that right there tells us he is guilty. I have never heard of an innocent man who would be okay with 'whatever' as the outcome.

as he was leaving court that he "guessed this would ruin his Christmas"....always sarcastic and inappropriate.
I feel very sorry for those kids....all of them.
I think that the reason that Drew is okay with this is that he is banking on some
appeal attorney fighting "Drew's Law" tooth and nail. He still thinks that he will get out of there in a matter of time.
His former cell mate said that he was easy to get along with but that he paced a lot....so much so that he wore off the finish on the floor beneath him. He is going to be pacing a hole in the floor of his state pen waiting for an appeal.

BBM
Well that right there tells us he is guilty. I have never heard of an innocent man who would be okay with 'whatever' as the outcome.

Having said that, I think that Greenberg is VERY smart. I think that he is the brightest of that bunch by a long shot. Brodsky remains a joke and Lopez is engaging and can be persuasive, but he sure failed here.

I agree with you, I find him aggravating but he definitely seems to be the most intelligent. I also agree about the demeanors of the attorneys in general - if I were a juror, I would much prefer one who conducted themself in a professional manner.

YES, YES, YES!!! This jury got it right. Now on for Stacy! What a wonderful birthday present!

From The Chicago Sun Times:
http://www.suntimes.com/14984649-761/drew-petersons-son-slams-verdict-moms-family.html

Savio’s sons, Thomas and Kristopher, refuse to believe their father is guilty of the crime.

A statement given exclusively to Sneed by Peterson’s son, Thomas — via his father’s attorney Joel Brodsky — is full of disappointment and anger following his father’s guilty verdict Thursday afternoon.

Thomas, who testified on his father’s behalf, stated via a telephone conversation with Brodsky:

“I am extremely disappointed in the Savio and Cales families. This concerns my mother and my father. And they have no right to be acting in a manner in which they are. Even when my mother was alive, my grandfather, Henry Savio, had nothing to do with me, my mother and my brother (Kristopher). Neither did my aunts ... I know lawyers will continue to fight and continue to support my father.”

Meanwhile, Thomas posted this on Facebook: To say the least ... I’m extremely disappointed. During the past 5 years ... I got to see full grown adults act like children, and now they are parading around my front door. Who do I have left? Who do my siblings have left? Oh yeah ... the pastor, the lawyer, my aunts, and all of my mom’s friends who LISTENED to my mother’s pleas and DIDN’T do anything about it. Now she is dead, and you went forth to break the Constitution to blame my dad. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t seem very believable to me ... but since the rest of the world thinks otherwise, this is your fault, you should have come forward earlier. Now, I have a broken family without a salary, and some woman who sees it important to bully me over the internet because of my Dad. I hope you are all happy.

Thomas, a pre-med sophomore at the University of Pennsylvania who’s the eldest of Savio’s two sons, reportedly heard his father’s guilty verdict on the news before Brodsky reached him via telephone.

“He was in tears ... really choked up,” said Brodsky, who said he’d been unable to reach Kristopher, who has already reported to his freshman classes at a college in Kentucky.

“If Drew’s said it once, he’s said it a thousand times — if his kids are doing OK, then Drew is fine,” said Brodsky. “If his kids are fine, he’s fine. Period. Now I’m the one who is going to have to talk to the kids.”

Although Peterson “did not show a trace of emotion when the verdict was read,” Brodsky said — “The only comment he made after the verdict was: ‘What can you do when the deck is stacked against you? But I am going to walk out of this courtroom with my head held high, and I want all of you guys [his attorneys] to do the same.’ ”

Peterson will be held in his cell at the Will County jail until his sentencing Oct. 26.

Thomas Peterson, who was an honor student at Bolingbrook High School, signed a document in January 2011, when he was 18 years old, releasing his father from all financial claims arising from the death of his mother; specifically in the wrongful death suit filed by his aunt and grandfather. “Because I know my father is innocent, I am releasing him from the lawsuit brought by Henry J. Savio and Anna Doman on my behalf when I was a minor,” he stated in a letter to Sneed.

“How Henry J. Savio can sue my father on my behalf is just crazy. I have only met Henry J. Savio once in my entire life, and that was for five seconds at my mother’s funeral,” the letter stated.

Brodsky also received a phone call from Peterson around 7 p.m. Thursday, hours after the verdict. “He wanted assurances his family was OK,” Brodsky said. “Believe it or not, he’s in good spirits ... I’ve gotten to know him really well over the past few years, and he’s really doing all right. He’s like the Marlboro man in a way. He feels he can handle whatever comes his way,” Brodsky said.

I hope everyone is still as happy as I am today! Happy Friday!

**I remember way back there when it was determined Drew's 'plane' was that little tryke deal. Of course, all he had to do was use tie-downs and strap Stacy's body (or the cable tote he had) to the little seat deal behind him. It could be done, IMO. Then rig the tie-downs to where he could easily release them. But where? Only DP knows where Stacy wound up. She could have been cremated and scattered. We can guess until the cows come home, but we will never know for sure unless she is found. It's just me, but I'm afraid she will never be found.

MOO

I don't think the plane was a good option for a body. Once a body starts to decompose he would never have been able to get the smell out of the plane. Plus didn't he take off on his bike for three days to "clear his head" (my guess is to clear his nose of the decomp smell that he could not get rid of). Sounds like he drove his bike to a location may have picked up a truck with her body in it and disposed of it in a highly secluded area. Sounds, too, as if he may have known some people who were mob connected and knew exactly what to do with her body so no one will find it. Maybe someone will remember the conversation they had with him and write a letter giving the FBI an approximate location. He did not do this all on his own and someone knows something for sure. jmo

I L.O.V.E. Jim Glasgow.
It's so nice to hear the passion, compassion, integrity and disgust of DP (and the DT) in his voice.

I believe Glasgow just called DP's "plane"
:laugh:
a 'tricycle with a kite on top'.

I guess my thinking is, it doesn't matter if the plane was actually big enough to do it - it only matters that that's what Schori feared might happen if he went up in that plane with DP. And that's exactly what DP meant by his invitation.

Shorewood patch:

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/they-got-the-murdering-*advertiser censored*

Peterson showed no emotion as the verdict was read, but after the jury was led out and deputies started clearing the public from the courtroom he collapsed into a chair.

Peterson appeared well on his way to an acquittal until defense attorney Joel Brodsky made the curious decision to call Wheaton lawyer Harry Smith to the witness stand.

Smith represented Savio in her divorce from Peterson and said he spoke to Peterson's next wife, Stacy Peterson, just days before she mysteriously vanished in October 2007.

Brodsky said he called Smith to testify in hopes of sullying Stacy's reputation by painting her as a gold-digging blackmailer. Instead, Smith repeatedly drove home the point that Stacy told him Peterson killed Savio.

After Peterson was found guilty, Brodsky claimed calling on Smith to testify was the right move. Brodsky also said the case against Peterson was a "stacked deck."

A large crowd heckled Brodsky and the other attorneys on the defense team while they spoke to the media.

"The whole world wanted Drew Peterson to be convicted," said defense attorney Joseph "Shark" Lopez. "They've hated him from Day 1."

Lopez also mocked the hecklers, saying, "They've got nothing better to do. They're unemployed."

DP aircraft I think was a 2 seat. I found this website and they even mention something about his aircraft

http://www.russellw.com/planes/cruisemaster/improvement_plan.htm

2nd picture...then you see pictures in the background then the top left.

Since that link mentioned that DP had a customized 230, then this is what a 230 cruismaster looks like:

2Bellancas2%20small.jpg
and it is a kit

a bit more searching (to verify) would've shown that the drew peterson referenced above is not our drew peterson... scroll down to third pic:

http://www.bellanca-championclub.com/WC2000P2.html

I missed most of what he said, but Joey Jackson said on IS yesterday that he thinks it's wrong when they hold all the press conferences (like this DT did) and make it all about themselves. I agree. They act like they're celebrities or rock stars and to me they're more like scum.

bbm - Indeed, fifteen! Well, again I must say, "Birds of a feather," and all that. Yes, DP picked those guys... And it's time they crawled back under their rocks. Tired of 'em, yes I am.

Thanks to the jurors!! They are my heroes:woohoo:

Now hoping for justice for Stacey. I may be a dreamer but maybe eventually it will come. IMO DP loves the sound of his own voice & I hope that will finally do him in. I can just hear him bragging to his prison buddies about how he got away with Stacey's murder. Maybe, just maybe he will brag to a prisoner who also happens to be a snitch, & who in turn will tell the authorities the location of her body.

were sleazy, but I read an interesting commentary from Sam Adam jr. who was one the father-son team that represented Blago at his first trial discussing how much the people of Will County do not like Cook County attorneys.
Lopez, Brodsky, Greenberg are all city slickers.....(not all of us are like that though --haha) Will County has as a very different mind-set than Cook County.
A defense attorney who had a different demeanor may very well have been able to more effectively represent Drew....but I don't know that the outcome would have been different.
I think that the attorney who is representing George Zimmerman--which is a very highly charged case has a softer more polite demeanor. I think that it is effective. If Brodsky or any of the other clowns were representing Zimmerman there would be even greater contempt for him.

I wouldnt be surprised that if the rest of the jurors do decide to speakout that they agree with the one juror who has already spoken. He said he thought DP had a great defense team and thought they were very good and were great cross examiners. He said that with every state witness the DT brought out that their testimony was inconsistent with prior testimony they have given.

Now he did say the worst mistake they made was putting Smith on the stand. So that is all on Brodsky's shoulders since he was the dumb *advertiser censored** that did it after Greenberg had filed 84 motions to keep him out. I bet they are all still giving Brodsky hell about that.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member