The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1 alternate present would have convicted

Foreman stated he had no plan to attend sentencing

IIRC-The first vote was-7-g 4-ng-1-hold out
please correct if wrong

He said he went to their house and Stacy shared some scary things with him,but won't say what she said

he will never do a session in anyone house again-he was afraid of Drew

Female juror suggested he drowned her in the bathroom sink or possibly the toilet. They 'had several ways' he could have done it.

The plane ride invite was in a voice mail after he met Stacy at Starbucks-he believed her when she said she was being followed-he saw police at Starbucks

Alot of people are probably afraid of DP. Maybe since they know not he isnt getting out someone may come forward now about Stacy.

Thanks for the IS updates SyraKelly. I wonder if we will ever hear all that Stacy told him, maybe at Drew's next murder trial (fingers crossed!)

he will never do a session in anyone house again-he was afraid of Drew

DP said "I've had enough" and left the kitchen table. Schori went looking for him and found DP standing behind his desk in the office near the front door with both hands behind his back. Schori thought that was to intimidate him. Schori held out his hand to shake hands with DP again and asked "are you ok?" DP shook his hand but never brought the other hand from behind his back.

Wonder if he had a gun/knife/weapon in that hand?

Thanks for the IS updates SyraKelly. I wonder if we will ever hear all that Stacy told him, maybe at Drew's next murder trial (fingers crossed!)

YW-I think that is what he is waiting for & why he is not telling everything he knows now

The plane ride invite was in a voice mail after he met Stacy at Starbucks-he believed her when she said she was being followed-he saw police at Starbucks

:woohoo: Thank God, Shori did NOT take that plane ride ! I'm afraid he wouldn't be here today if he did !

:moo:

So now we know they did rely on Smith's testimony and Schori's testimony and yes, those 2 did have some hearsay statements allowed in. They also, though, testified to things they personally saw and heard, which is not considered hearsay.

The jury mentioned a few things that highlighted they did not only rely on hearsay evidence even if they perceive they did. Statements Drew made right after the murder about how he would be suspected (not hearsay) as one example. They found the 'hit man/friend' credible as well. That testimony was not hearsay either. Even though the jury doesn't think they could have convicted DP without Smith and Schori, I think it's possible they could have. But obviously hearing Stacy's few allowed statements and hearing about KS's incidents in which she told friends DP was threatening her, made a strong impression that none of them could deny. Too many coincidences for KS to be murdered by some other person, let alone a random person.

As for how the deliberations went, the jury quickly determined KS's death was a homicide. The number of bruises, the scene, all the same things everyone has mentioned. The rest of the time was spent determining DP's guilt. By the end of day #1, 11 jurors were ready to convict and 1 was not. The 2nd day's discussion allowed the holdout to reach a guilty decision.

DP has only himself to blame. His staged scene wasn't credible when examined by experienced analysts and by cops who weren't his buddies, and he was a loud-mouthed bully who hadn't really fooled anyone who knew him. He openly made threats about Kathleen and those were overheard. He tried to hire a hitman shortly before KS's murder then canceled the attempted hit after the murder.

2 + 2. Simple math, really.

I wonder if the jurors knew that Stacy was missing.

I wonder if the jurors knew that Stacy was missing.

Yes the four present were aware of it but did not (and could not) use that in their deliberations. They said they kept their discussions only on what was presented in court and only what was allowed by the judge. :)

On the question of asking the judge to clarify what "unanimous" meant, the jury foreman wouldn't give an answer beyond, "we just asked to make sure." A couple reporters probed him but he just repeated himself and didn't explain any further. Perhaps they are kind of embarassed at having to ask, I don't know.

I had no faith in the jury and just realized that's a new thing for me. It must be due to the Anthony trial.

I'd also like to thank this jury for restoring our faith in the justice system! :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven