MI - Boy Sexually Assaulted by Two Men, Detroit

WOW that was brazen..

I wonder how far elementary school goes in Detroit 7th grade??.. 13 seems old for elementary

He may have been there because of a partnership between the school and a church or other organization and not necessarily a student--I think they offer music and art at this school after school.

This is a horrible thing to happen to this child. All schools need to look at policies about opening doors to people, but who could know this was going to happen? Thank God a man saw him coming down the street with no pants on and helped him. A cousin of the child came with the Channel 7 reporters to see where the man lived so she could hug him and thank him for helping her cousin.

I will tell you this--those 2 guys better hope the police find him before the neighbors do because I don't think these people are going to have that going on in their neighborhood to their children.

So let's see if the streets take care of the problem.

The latest report shows that they have found a "clubhouse" in a woman's backyard where the child said he was taken. They have found a shoe that possibly belongs to one of the rapists.

September 12, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Police search for suspects in abduction, rape of boy from Detroit school
By George Hunter and Jennifer Chambers
The Detroit News

Detroit — Police are searching for two men who reportedly pulled a 13-year-old boy from his east side elementary school Wednesday and sexually assaulted him, a police source familiar with the investigation told The News.

The two men allegedly knocked on a locked door at Wayne Elementary School on Lakepointe, and, when the boy opened it, yanked him outside, forced him to an undisclosed location, bound him with tape, and raped him, the source said...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120912/METRO01/209120453#ixzz26IhjaXAg

WOW that was brazen..

I wonder how far elementary school goes in Detroit 7th grade??.. 13 seems old for elementary

According to the DPS website, Wayne Elementary is a PK-5th grade school. The school seems to offer a lot of enrichment programs, and it's possible that the youth was there for an after-school program.

http://detroitk12.org/schools/school/373/

Thanks.. i was just wondering if maybe he walked there to pick up a younger sibling and was being followed and maybe they knocked on the door right after he went in, so to be nice the poor child grabbed the door for them thinking they were parents trying to get in...

. I heard that the teacher sent the little boy to the bathroom; he saw someone at the door and let him in; and they snatched him out of the school and raped him.

"My daughter could've answered that door," Wilson said through tears.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120912/METRO01/209120453#ixzz26JMrMFCp

"Wayne has surveillance cameras directly connected to the DPS police headquarters, so they should be able to look at surveillance to verify and see what may have occurred and who may have done it."

Last year, DPS had an increase in the number of reported sexual assault cases on its campuses, school officials announced in August.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120912/METRO01/209120453#ixzz26JN0svJW

According to the DPS website, Wayne Elementary is a PK-5th grade school. The school seems to offer a lot of enrichment programs, and it's possible that the youth was there for an after-school program.

http://detroitk12.org/schools/school/373/

The school is rated a 2 out of 10 by greatschools.org, so I don't imagine there are too many things there that would be considered "enrichment". Desperate attempts at remedial education possibly.

This story keeps changing drastically. At first, this 13 year old boy had a discipline incident and he was awaiting a parent pick up for his behavior.

Then, it seems he was sent to the restroom and this happened. A 13 year old in a school where the top grade is 5th grade.

I think in the end, this story will turn out to be nothing like originally reported.

Detroit Public Schools for the most part is in disarray--nothing like when I went. BUT--they DO offer enrichment at this school. Quote from DPS web site for school:

We have partnerships with Greater Zion Baptist church, Starbucks Cooperation, Front Porch Inc., Best Way Auto, University of Detroit Law School and other business and community organizations. Students participate in extra-curricular activities such as the Cheerleading, Dance Club, and Science Club.

There is an adult mentor program offered there, along with art, music and foreign language.

Since it would be extremely unusual for a boy to report a rape due to the stigma, I would definitely lean toward believing him at this point.

The man who found him walking on the street also reported he was in a daze and had no pants on.

I know not many will agree with me here but when they catch these two they should cut their member off and leave them on the side of the road to walk for help :furious:

I know not many will agree with me here but when they catch these two they should cut their member off and leave them on the side of the road to walk for help :furious:

Actually, I do agree with you. I'm voting for the streets to get them before the police actually.

The school is rated a 2 out of 10 by greatschools.org, so I don't imagine there are too many things there that would be considered "enrichment". Desperate attempts at remedial education possibly.

This story keeps changing drastically. At first, this 13 year old boy had a discipline incident and he was awaiting a parent pick up for his behavior.

Then, it seems he was sent to the restroom and this happened. A 13 year old in a school where the top grade is 5th grade.

I think in the end, this story will turn out to be nothing like originally reported.

WOW that is a low rating.. i just checked my kids schools and they were 9 and 10. Thanks for the website, i never knew it existed

This is going to sound bad, but when I read that the boy was in trouble waiting to be picked up and then went to the bathroom, my first thought was maybe this is something he made up to get out of being in trouble.

I was going to say I hope that isn't the case, but considering the alternative, I actually hope it is.

If this story is true, I hope they catch these guys quickly! It's so frighteningly brazen!

Couldn't it be possible that this young man failed and that's why he's still in elementary school. I can't believe in a place like Detroit that they don't have better security for their schools. When my kids were in elementary school there was a list of people that could pick them up and when you did you had to show a driver's license. I know this young man let these POSs in but my children's schools also had locked doors. I guess this school's doors could have been locked on the outside.

It's such a tragedy and so sad for this young man. I too hope the POSs get a little street justice before they're brought in.

September 13, 2012 at 8:47 am

DPS police: Likely no surveillance tape on alleged school abduction, rape
By The Detroit News

Detroit — Initial findings suggest there is no school surveillance footage of a 13-year-old boy being snatched Wednesday from his east side elementary school, according to DPS police.

Police are searching for two men who pulled the teen from Wayne Elementary School and sexually assaulted him Wednesday, a police source familiar with the investigation told The News.

Two men allegedly knocked on a locked door at Wayne Elementary School on Courville, and when the boy opened it, yanked him outside, forced him to an undisclosed location, bound him with tape and raped him, the police source said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120913/METRO01/209130413#ixzz26MBC8r8i

The school is rated a 2 out of 10 by greatschools.org, so I don't imagine there are too many things there that would be considered "enrichment". Desperate attempts at remedial education possibly...

<respectfully snipped>

By Detroit standards, the programs that are offered at Wayne Elementary School are considered enrichment because they are not typically part of the overall curriculum in the impoverished school system. Many Detroit schools operate as "charter" schools with parents/volunteers implementing enhanced programming to broaden the students' educational experience. Other buildings have established partnerships with civic and/or cultural organizations to offer such programming.

http://detroitk12.org/inside_dps/2008/11/19/wayne-elementary-school/

Even at first when it was reported they would look at the surveillance video, I figured it would probably not be working, not be on or they just didn't have it there. It's sad that I expect that sort of thing from DPS but I do.

Sigh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong