AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 in one week found near Styx River? (Remind me to never go there!) I bet every time they announce a body found there Wendy wees her pants a little!

On Tumblr (a website), a photo of a man standing next to a sign that said "Styx River" and the person that posted it said something along the lines of "The portal to hell, right?". I reblogged it (which is the term for sharing the photo) on my Tumblr because it just fit with what has been going on. I think there has been a few bodies found in the time Brittney has been missing. I could be wrong but I believe there was a suicide there shortly after as well. (I'm not talking about Donald Sr.).

Anyway, found the photo interesting in conjunction with all that has been going on. I have no idea of Styx River in any other context though.

On Tumblr (a website), a photo of a man standing next to a sign that said "Styx River" and the person that posted it said something along the lines of "The portal to hell, right?". I reblogged it (which is the term for sharing the photo) on my Tumblr because it just fit with what has been going on. I think there has been a few bodies found in the time Brittney has been missing. I could be wrong but I believe there was a suicide there shortly after as well. (I'm not talking about Donald Sr.).

Anyway, found the photo interesting in conjunction with all that has been going on. I have no idea of Styx River in any other context though.

Going to try and find that now. Thank you! I just read where it is motorcycle gang related.:what:

Going to try and find that now. Thank you! I just read where it is motorcycle gang related.:what:

Gosh I am new to blogs...I didn't know I had to follow you in Tumblr. I thought I could just search for a pic. lol

IIRC, the Styx River is the river in Hell in mythology.

ETA: I just looked it up and I was close, but not exactly right. In Greek mythology it is the river running between the earth and the underworld (Hades). So, the photo of the gateway to the underworld makes sense.

WWH posts to the Fox FB link about the story... then deletes it.

I really don't get her behavior. I think she has more important issues in life to deal with than engaging in internet banter. If as much effort was given to getting her house in order as is given to getting into internet spats, maybe we all wouldn't be here right now.

I really don't get her behavior. I think she has more important issues in life to deal with than engaging in internet banter. If as much effort was given to getting her house in order as is given to getting into internet spats, maybe we all wouldn't be here right now.

This is the woman that commented on the cute doctor after her husband died.. I wouldn't put anything past her IMO

It is very hard to believe that Brittney has the resources to be alive and "in hiding" after 3.5 months.

I would like to see more pictures of Brittney on the facebook pages dedicated to finding her... different angles, showing her in different settings, with family, interacting with others (blur out Payton or friends if needed...personally preferring appropriate ones!!! ex. no booty sexy poses or party picts!). There only seems to be 4 or 5 photos that are circulated. CW has some different ones of BW in her "Photos". Now that she is going World Wide, those photos need to be posted on the fb wall for new followers to see.

Seeing her face makes it that much more real that she is a beautiful young lady that is loved and full of life and needs to be found.

JTIOT&MOO

I would like to see more pictures of Brittney on the facebook pages dedicated to finding her... different angles, showing her in different settings, with family, interacting with others (blur out Payton or friends if needed...personally preferring appropriate ones!!! ex. no booty sexy poses or party picts!). There only seems to be 4 or 5 photos that are circulated. CW has some different ones of BW in her "Photos". Now that she is going World Wide, those photos need to be posted on the fb wall for new followers to see.

Seeing her face makes it that much more real that she is a beautiful young lady that is loved and full of life and needs to be found.

JTIOT&MOO

I've always wondered why more photos weren't used, although I think the most recent were (?). In the sleuthing, I've discovered at least 50 photos that are available and her hair style/cut & weight don't seem to fluctuate much. Nor does her clothing style.

An interesting fact on why our drivers license or passports are straight on photos (face forward) is that it's rare for people to take photos or have portraits of them looking dead pan at the camera. Most of us tilt our faces or smile. In passports as well as licenses, they now request that no one smile. It helps with homeland security and some other morbid aspects. When people submit missing persons cases, it's the MOST helpful to have full color and face forward shots. Often people will submit school ID photos or other photo forms of identification along with candid shots to show range of emotion and style.

Brittney's missing persons flyer really could use an ID photo in full color. I'm sure she has one on file at the DMV but I don't think the family had access to this when the poster was put together. Maybe it would be a good idea if the resources are available, that at least online it could redistributed using her photo ID and take out the one image of her with her necklace in her mouth? Having a new missing persons poster is also a good way to breathe new life. People online have short attention spans and memories (case in point, the entire Kony 2012 fiasco). When you change up the images in various things, add new information or reword it, it's suddenly "new" and people will take up the cause again.

I know money is tight for her family, but many people have photoshop and word with moderate knowledge of splicing together things or creating a missing persons poster. Maybe they'll donate their time/energy to offering this idea and product up for Wallace and Stephanie?

:bump: Well, PH is home from the hospital after a heart attack. Also the body found was not our Brittney.

I can't believe all that's gone on with this family while Brittney's been missing. I wish we knew what happened to her. Where's Brittney?

.. wait a second. When did Paul go to the hospital for a major heart attack and supposedly have a stent put in? Or did he even have a stent put in? Wasn't that only 24 hours ago? There's no way he would be home this early if that's what really happened, usually it's 3-5 days with a stent and recovery watch. I know there's people that have gone home in 48 but they had nothing near what Chessie's post was alluding to. I'm confused, did I miss something?

This is not Paul's first stent. Typical hospital duration post angioplasty with stent is 24-48 hours. His stay would be normal.

One source for verification: http://www.cardiosmart.org/heartdisease/ctt.aspx?id=300

I was under the impression (because I don't know his medical background, and I'm going off of a post on facebook) that this was an emergency situation. I worked in the cathlab during an internship and that's why I asked what was going on. His medical case seems unusual for someone with heart problems enough to require a stent in the past and by Chessie's own admission, a new one placed in. Unless of course this was a medical procedure set up. The standard for someone with heart problems is 48-72 hours.

I haven't looked deeper than the front page but since we're on the topic of heart attacks (my father had one and was hospitalized for 3 weeks, but it wasn't anywhere near mild and it was an extreme situation) - I thought I'd include a link as well because the CDC has great information and also tons of info for people without insurance who are looking for help in medical bills. NHIC is another (but I don't like the way the website is set up). This case is enough to give anyone a mild stroke, so I suppose it doesn't hurt to add a website with info lol

http://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fs_heartattack.htm
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/

Hi Guys , sorry for posting here but as i'm new and this is a case i'm following along with Morgan Ingram i'm just wondering where the Morgan thread has gone ...once again sorry if this is the wrong place but not up on the site and don't know where to post this question .

His medical case seems unusual for someone with heart problems enough to require a stent in the past and by Chessie's own admission, a new one placed in.

RSBM

Where did Chessie state PH needed a new stent? I thought the comment came from a WS member who was wondering if he would need one.

Yes! Okay, so the other night I had been watching channel ID ,sorta in the background to doing homework. Anyway, there was this rather long segment on a case where the family couldn't get police to cooperate or take her daughters disappearance very seriously. They did find out what happened to her (Spoiler alert) and it was rather complex but it did take a team of P.I's to do it. I couldn't help but think of Brittney regarding this and I had accidentally thrown away the piece of paper where I wrote the PI's name. I just searched for the killer who committed the crime to pull up the victims name (who the case was built around).

There are obvious differences in the case but there are some rather similar ones. I'm sure there's a link on here for her case, it is rather intriguing. I think everyone should look at it, the video is free on the ID channel website (I think it's called "strangers on the train") and it was a 48 hours mystery episode.

The killer (or one of) is Heather Kamp. Go check out her history (sounds a bit like Wendy) and the victim is Kate Waring. I highly recommend it. I wish I had money to donate because I'd love to see that same PI team involved with Brittney's case. They do share how they went about it on the video, how they examine the victim's life and "let her tell me where she's at". Really intriguing and thought I'd offer it up as a bit of something to draw from. Hope it helps :)

Hi Guys , sorry for posting here but as i'm new and this is a case i'm following along with Morgan Ingram i'm just wondering where the Morgan thread has gone ...once again sorry if this is the wrong place but not up on the site and don't know where to post this question .

You can always go to "search" and type in her name. Any thread with her name in it will appear. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni