IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they could have easily gotten on the trail at Arbutus, IMO, so why bike over to Elmer?

But as other posters have kindly pointed out, bathrooms and a water fountain are located at the end of Elmer, so maybe that is why they rode over there.

:bicycle:

Why not South on Elmer

Turn east on Gilbert

Turn South on Lake (Wave and say Hi to Mr C :seeya: )

then at end of Lake turn east on Arbutus....

Simple..:waitasec:

Okay...at 12:23 they were sighted at Brovan going West toward River Forest.

At 12:30 to 1:00 they were sighted at Gilbert, Elmer, and Arbutus.

So, did they go West, turn down River Forest all the way to Gilbert, turn left on Gilbert, turn right on Elmer (for a drink/pee/play) go back up Elmer to Gilbert going East and turn down to Arbutus.?

At the intersection of River Forest..if you turn East it is Gilbert. If you turn West, it goes to Deerwood Park...camping, etc.

MOO

So, did they go West, turn down River Forest all the way to Gilbert, turn left on Gilbert, turn right on Elmer (for a drink/pee/play) go back up Elmer to Gilbert going East and turn down to Arbutus.?

At the intersection of River Forest..if you turn East it is Gilbert. If you turn West, it goes to Deerwood Park...camping, etc.

MOO

bbm: they were sighted at gilbert btwn 1230 and 1300... the other two streets were thrown in without times or saying they had a sighting.

MOO

Thats what I am thinking only they had to go past Mr C house on Lake also.

Paddle Boat....GIF

Is that what I think it is...???????????????..:floorlaugh:

:lol:

Rick Abben, chief deputy of the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Department, said officials have information that the girls were seen at approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Boulevard, near Collins’ house, and then between 12:30 and 1 p.m. on Gilbert Drive near Meyers Lake.

The Des Moines Register spoke with an Evansdale resident in July who lives near Meyers Lake who said he saw Lyric, 10, and Elizabeth, now 9, riding their bikes near his home that afternoon.

Officials previously had reported only that the girls were last seen by their grandmother riding their bikes near the Collins home at about 12:15 p.m.

The bicycles and Collins’ purse were found along a recreation trail on the south side of the lake about 4 p.m. that day. Now police are asking anyone who was in the area of Arbutus Avenue, Gilbert Drive or Elmer Avenue that day who may have seen the girls or anyone else to contact authorities.
http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...ils-released-last-sighting-missing-Iowa-girls

Why is it so important which way they went? We go over this till the horse has died multiple times. <modsnip>

Because they may have been taken on one of these route, Gone by some ones house or something ....

And Because thats what we do...:deadhorse:

I would never be convinced they were not taken from the lake where the bikes were found, where the dogs tracked their scents.

Cinder...it's the only horse we can beat until they name a POI or Suspect or make an arrest. We could, of course, just go silent and forget about it...not an option. MOO

I guess I forgot the roller skates, skate board, and ice skates.

Bingo! Meyers Lake was not the intended destination. It was the Phil Muehl Memorial Skate Park. Does anyone know if the skate park has a bathroom or water fountains?

Bingo! Meyers Lake was not the intended destination. It was the Phil Muehl Memorial Skate Park. Does anyone know if the skate park has a bathroom or water fountains?

Phil Muehl Memorial Skate Park

attachment.php

No Bathroom

Attachments

• Skate Park.GIF
    Skate Park.GIF
    67.9 KB · Views: 237
I want to begin on a positive note here by thanking Peeples for the great news link posted yesterday and thank our "Busy Bee Mod" for the fantastic map posted today! Well done.

With the news from yesterday, I was so hoping that the 12:23 time was a new sighting...and because the time was so exact, that it was from a video timestamp from a second business on Brovan. I was so hoping that in the "second video" the girls could be positively identified unlike the 1st one that is more of a guess.

I was thrilled to see the 12:30 time that was given by DCI was now being shown as being on Gilbert St., which made it appear, at least to me, that the 12:30 p.m. sighting was something strong...perhaps another video.

Okay...here're my negative thoughts: I now suspect that the 12:23 p.m., is that first video camera we already knew about behind the auction bldg that showed timestamp of 12:11. I've always thought the last sighting of 12:15 was a "splitting the difference" between timestamp of 12:11 and 12:19 which = 12:15, a much easier reference number to remember. [So how did that get to be 12:23 in yesterday's report? I think LE told office staff to write up press report using video time...possibly reminded staffer that actual video was 8 minutes slow and so staffer mistakenly added 8 minutes to the 12:15 she was hearing around the office all the time.]

I now think the 12:30 p.m. time on Gilbert St. is the sighting reported by RC who was out watering his yard July 13. [Per ABC reporter on July 17, RC who lives only blocks from the lake said he was watering his yard and saw the girls riding their bikes betw 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. I now fear that LE may have split the difference in the time range to 12:30.]

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong... :(

Nursebeeme: I think you may be right about the grass witness and the area just beyond.

SapphireSteel: Agreed, staging would/could explain dogs. Dogs look for girls scent. girls scent would be all over the bikes, hence the area around the grassy knoll and nearby wooded spot may have been where the bikes were taken through to get them to spot on trail where found. Explaining alleged dog scent/hits.

The girls at the lake has never felt right to me. I am not saying it is impossible because it is just as possible they were there. but that has never felt right for me. I have always thought the bikes were staged and not left there by the girls themselves.

I thought the dogs always track from oldest to newest scent? As in freshest scent led the dogs away from the jetty and into the woods.

Grainne, your expertise would be very helpful. TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998