CHIC fil a spokesman found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I hope this event isnt related to the controversy. IIRC it wasnt Donald Perry who made the statements that have sparked so much controversy.

Don Perry was the spokesperson - the vice president for public relations, actually - given the task of back-pedaling after the unnecessarily injurious remarks of Chik-fil-A president Dan Cathy - a task he handled like the professional he was. It could not have been an easy task, to face the press in the midst of what is widely regarded as a PR nightmare. Prayers for his loved ones. Rest in peace, Mr. Perry.

Yes, rest in peace, Mr. Perry. May GB his family and friends.

I had heard the news this morning. The opening of 'found dead' kind of struck me when I saw this thread. As far as I know, no foul play is suspected. He probably had a heart attack, IMO. He was facing a public relations nightmare and was no doubt under a great deal of stress.

To hear the mayor of Chicago (R.E.) sat what he said on national TV could not have been easy for him to hear either. I hope R. E. has to eat his own ignorant words.

MOO

That is very sad.

RIP Mr Perry, my thoughts are with the family.

Wow. I hope this event isnt related to the controversy. IIRC it wasnt Donald Perry who made the statements that have sparked so much controversy.

And even if it had been, I trust nobody was hoping for Mr. Perry's death! Or Mr. Cathy's.

It's a heated issue and I've debated it as fiercely as anyone.

But no death aids the cause of equality. I hope the stress of the past week wasn't a primary contributing factor.

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 53 mins ago
Chick-fil-A, the fast food chain that sparked a firestorm earlier this year after its president made public comments against same sex marriage, has agreed to stop funding anti-gay groups, a Chicago alderman says.
Joe Moreno, the alderman whose opposition of a proposed Chick-fil-A on Chicago's north side helped fuel the controversy, told the Chicago Tribune the company has pledged to include a statement of respect for all sexual orientations in a memo to staffers and has promised that the WinShape Foundations, its not-for-profit arm, would no longer contribute money to groups that oppose gay marriage. Moreno said he will recommend that Chick-fil-A's construction plans be approved.
The memo, "Chick-fil-A: Who We Are," will be distributed to all corporate employees and restaurant operators, encouraging them to "treat every person with honor, dignity and respect--regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender," Moreno said. more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chick-fil-funding-anti-gay-groups-175154249.html?_esi=1

I saw the outpouring of support for Chic Fil A in person. I would have gotten in the line, but it was MUCH to long. This was an issue of freedom of speech, to hold true to one's own beliefs. I applaud, and agree, with that.

The poor man was probably stressed enough to have a heart attack, being the spokesperson. Sad. It would be such a better world, in my opinion, if NO ONE was PUSHING an AGENDA. just getting along, and live and let live, and let everyone have their own beliefs. When anyone PUSHES an agenda down someone else's throat, that wrong, just plain wrong.

God rest the poor man who had to stand up to the craziness.

My opinion only

I saw the outpouring of support for Chic Fil A in person. I would have gotten in the line, but it was MUCH to long. This was an issue of freedom of speech, to hold true to one's own beliefs. I applaud, and agree, with that.

The poor man was probably stressed enough to have a heart attack, being the spokesperson. Sad. It would be such a better world, in my opinion, if NO ONE was PUSHING an AGENDA. just getting along, and live and let live, and let everyone have their own beliefs. When anyone PUSHES an agenda down someone else's throat, that wrong, just plain wrong.

God rest the poor man who had to stand up to the craziness.

My opinion only

You know what I'm tired of? Being told that my civil rights are an "agenda" and that I have an obligation to quietly accept my status as a second-class citizen.

'Cause God forbid I demand equality and upset the delicate straight folks. Why, they might have heart attacks!

Frankly, if your heart is that fragile, maybe your time is up.

If people want everyone to "live and let live", I suggest they start by practicing such a policy themselves. And that would involve voting FOR marriage equality for all, in order to let others "live".

(ETA what follows is a general remark and not directed at Trident. I should have been clearer.)

BTW, it was reported today that Chik-Fil-A has announced a non-discrimination policy and distanced itself from the CEO's remarks.

<modsnip>

I, personally, don't care what nastiness is carried on in the night, or in public parks to prove a point. I'm just sorry this man died whether from a stress-induced heart attack or otherwise. My sympathy goes out to his family.

I do, however, resent the tone and some of the wording in some posts. Not you, Nova, of course. I wonder about the intimidating tone. It gets no one anywhere.

Again, I'm sorry this man died, it makes a body wonder about the word "sacrifice", at least to me.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member