UK UK - Lee Boxell, 15, Sutton, 10 Sept 1988

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Graveyard searched for signs of Lee Boxell, who went missing in Sutton 24 years ago (standard.co.uk)
Murder squad detectives investigating the disappearance of a London schoolboy 24 years ago have excavated parts of a local graveyard.

Lee Boxell was last seen on Sutton High Street in 1988 after telling a friend he might watch a Crystal Palace match.
---
Now Met forensic teams have spent months using high-tech Army radar scanners to examine a local graveyard for new clues.

It follows the jailing for 11 years of gravedigger William Lambert, who was convicted last year of raping and sexually assaulting girls aged 11 to 15 years old

His victims were groomed at The Shed, an unofficial youth club run at St Dunstan’s Church in Cheam where Lambert, a former soldier who is now 75, worked more than 20 years ago.

Officers from the Met’s homicide and serious crime command are still officially “keeping an open mind” about the case but are examining possible links between Lee and the club.
---
Twenty years after his he disappeared, Lee’s parents took down the posters of T’Pau singer Carol Dekker and Madonna from his bedroom so their grandchildren could sleep there.

But his Cheam High School Uniform still hangs in the wardrobe.
---
Lee’s case appeared in the music video of the grunge band Soul Asylum, who publicised his image in the video of their 1993 hit, Runaway Train.
much more - lengthy article about the case - at Evening Standard link above

Other recent articles, all from yourlocalguardian.co.uk:

Murder detectives speak out about new leads in missing boy cold case

Police look to unearth clues in Cheam graveyard in search for Lee Boxell

Lee Boxell's parents fear their missing son was murdered

Soul Asylum's UK "Runaway Train" video featuring Lee

Just real quick I read this article at link about untangling the difference between occultism and pedophilia. Was this guy a member of Golden Dawn? They repeat that through the article.

Just wondering.

http://backwardmessages.wordpress.com/2011/05/19/untangling-pedophilia-from-occultism-again/

Sending prayers and positive vibes to Lee's parents. This is unimaginable. I just choked up how they took down his posters. All these years still waiting for him.

Thanks for the links, Good Sir.

Now one can wonder if Lambert's son or sons knew Lee at all?

Interview with Lambert's son who wants the dad dead and who has guilt as he introduced the girls to his father.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk...father-hates/story-12130250-detail/story.html

***Weird I don't really know "Runaway Train" save for bits and pieces, and here I've been singing it for almost a week.***

BTW anyone who may know. Cheam, Surrey would be the equivelent like what here? A neighborhood? Is it Cheam, Surrey, UK?

A nice and sort of eerie shot of the Cheam graveyard at St Dunstan's Church (from the first yourguardian.co.uk link above).
St Dunstan's was built in 1862-64 in florid French Gothic style. A medieval church used to stand on the site, but it was demolished to make way for the building we see today.

http://www.seecheam.com/st-dunstans-church.html
Probably lots of medieval gravesites there then, the bodies returned to clay.

St Dunstan's, Cheam, is a bit more than a mile from where Lee Boxell was last seen, on Sutton High Street.

A nice and sort of eerie shot of the Cheam graveyard at St Dunstan's Church (from the first yourguardian.co.uk link above).

Probably lots of medieval gravesites there then, the bodies returned to clay.

St Dunstan's, Cheam, is a bit more than a mile from where Lee Boxell was last seen, on Sutton High Street.

It's quite lovely. They let that guy run the show?

The lychgate is cool too.

From a lengthy Telegraph article in 2007 documenting this as well as several other missing persons cases:
On September 10, 1988, 15-year-old Lee Boxell left his home in Sutton, Surrey, to watch Crystal Palace play at nearby Selhurst Park. He has not been seen or heard of since. 'Every year that day comes around, it's very hard,' Chris, his mother, says. 'Christmases, his 18th, his 21st, they've all been and gone, but how can you celebrate?'

Chris and her husband Peter still live in the same neat, modern terrace house, a picture of Lee standing just to the right of the fireplace in the sitting room. 'I suppose we could have moved, but I would dread the thought that he could come back here some day and find us gone.'

Chris gets out a number of scrapbooks that document the lengths they have gone to in order to find out what happened to Lee. They are full of newspaper and magazine cuttings - dozens of articles, details of television interviews and football club appeals. There are reports of rivers and ponds being dragged, empty properties being entered and examined. At first there were 25 detectives on the case and an incident room was set up in Sutton High Street, but with no information coming in, within a few months it was down to four detectives.

'I was keeping the campaign going,' Chris says. 'If not, I would have gone to pieces. Now I feel very guilty that my life was centred on looking for Lee because, to be honest, I forgot about my daughter, Lindsay. She really needed me and I haven't given her enough. If she had gone missing, of course I would have done the same.

'My husband used to spend all his spare time wandering the streets around here and in central London, looking for any information on Lee. There was never anything. I always ask the police what they think may have happened and I always get the same reply: they don't know. There's no evidence of life and no evidence of death.' There have been moments when their hopes have been raised. 'One day Peter was outside working on his car when a man came round asking for the Boxells. He said, "I think I know where your son is. He's in Greenford Market." Peter went there straight away. There was someone who did look exactly like Lee, but it wasn't him.'

The family has offered a reward of £25,000 for information on Lee, but no one has come forward. 'We had beermats made, milk cartons, pop videos. The Body Shop printed his picture on the side of their delivery vehicles. It's been endless.'

Upstairs, Lee's bedroom is the same as the day he left, 19 years ago. The calendar is set on the same day. His vinyl records, books, clothes, even his school uniform remain. Lee would now be 34. 'People say, why don't you clear it all away?' Chris says. 'I can't. Even his Old Spice aftershave is there! Not many kids use that these days. I have to hope that one day he will come back to us. For many years I wouldn't even go on holiday.

'I have been to see clairvoyants. I wanted someone to tell me that he's alive. I know it's all rubbish, but it helped me at the time. I know that with other kids who have gone missing, after a while their families agree to pronounce them dead. But I can't do that. When I know for certain, that's different.'
Without a Trace

An earlier theory of the case posited that now-convicted child killer Brian Field perhaps had had a hand in Lee Boxell's disappearance:

1968 killer snared by DNA (The Sun, from 2007)
One of Britain’'s most evil child killers was finally caged for ever yesterday after DNA checks proved he murdered a schoolboy 33 years ago.

Sordid Brian Field, 65, had cheated justice since 1968.

But he was eventually snared thanks to scientific advances — and the determination of police to nail the brute who abducted, sexually assaulted and strangled Roy Tutill, 14.

Last night cops across the country were investigating possible links between paedophile Field and dozens of missing or murdered children.
---
Another file being examined is that of Lee Boxall [sic], 15, who went missing in South London in 1988.

Det Insp Chuck Burton — who believes Field could be the most dangerous child offender since Robert Black, jailed in 1994 for killing three girls — said: “We are revisiting many murders. So far there are eight from which we certainly cannot eliminate him.”
---
more, with pictures, at link above

An updated London Evening Standard piece:

Graveyard linked to paedophile is dug up in hunt for Lee Boxell who went missing 24 years ago
---
(William Lambert's) victims were groomed at The Shed, an unofficial youth club run at the church where Lambert, a former soldier who is now 75, worked at the time of Lee’s disappearance.
---
Detective Inspector John McQuade, who is leading the investigation, said: “There appears to be evidence Lee used the youth club, which was at the back of the church, known as The Shed. We would like to speak to anyone who used to go to The Shed and who may have seen Lee in the area.”
---
more at the link

Still no word that I've seen; hoping this isn't another dead end - his poor parents. When, in the Jimmy Savile case, the possibility that he was a necrophile entered the picture, I began to wonder if, perhaps, he might be acquainted with William Lambert, the gravedigger convicted above. A big stretch that would be, of course. Still, in the Savile matter, the case has grown so bizarre that one never knows.

ETA

Off-topic a bit for a minute, Fluttershy has a very good idea here:

UK and Eire Forum

Lee Boxell case: Fresh appeal 25 years on for missing teen (BBC News)
Renewed appeals are being made over the disappearance of a teenager who vanished 25 years ago.

Lee Boxell, who would be 40 on Saturday, has not been seen since 10 September 1988, when he was on the High Street in Sutton, south-west London.

A reconstruction of his last known movements will be broadcast on the BBC programme Crimewatch later.
---
more at the link

Lee Boxell detectives 'close in on two persons of interest' (BBC News)
---
Det Insp John McQuade said: "One or two calls were very focused on things that we are already working on and are very positive for our line of inquiry. From our point of view it's proved very promising.

"We've even had a victim of an offence going back to that time who has never reported it before."

However, no one who witnessed what happened to Lee that day has come forward.
---
more at the link

Parents of missing Sutton schoolboy of 25 years taken to Cheam graveyard. (yourlocalguardian.co.uk)
---
There was one element of the visit which Mr Boxell said was particularly upsetting to see. He said: "The police have shown us a wall down the alley in front of the church which has people's initials carved on them, and that was difficult to take. It's horrible to think that Lee's initial could have been on there and has been washed away over the years."
---
more at the link

25 years now. Lee vanished on 10 September 1988.

I really think Brian Field is the best suspect for the disappearance of the Boxell boy, the two boys who disappeared on Boxing day, the boy found hanging in the woods, and probably a few others as well.

ETA: It just makes me sick this boy attacker had free reign for so long. Once you attack a child, it should be history for you. No more chances.

5789419-large.jpg

Lee Boxell, last seen 1988

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...Lee-Boxell-s/story-20597129-detail/story.html

Beautiful boy. He looks like a movie star.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back