Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

Timing wise I cant help but wonder if this is connected to the Young woman who was a college student at the University in Moscow Idaho who was abducted while riding her bike to Lewiston Idaho in 1981.
Her dismembered remains were found floating in the Snake River south of Lewiston about four days later.
Authorities believe this murder was part of a series of killings perpetuated in the Lewiston area between 1979-1982 by a serial killer.
Spokane is about a three hour drive north from Lewiston.

Couldn't find anyone who disappeared from Idaho at the time this UID was suspected of being killed. Anyone else have any better luck?

It might be a longshot, but I saw in a post from June of this year by HMG that there were arms and legs found in MA June 24, 1989 ( http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66323 ). No head or torso was ever recovered, and the thread just kind of died off without any resolution (if any) posted.

Again, it's a longshot, but have they ever been compared to the head/torso from this case?

Probably not. The article describes the female as "robust" (and mistakenly thought to be male at first) much taller than Millie. Plus, it gave no indication really of how much of the legs or arms were recovered. In Millie's case, the arms and legs were severed at a certain point. If the Jane Doe in the article's legs and arms were "whole" so to speak, they'd not have any reason to crosscheck.

Good connection but I think the dates are a little off and one is robust while the other is thin. UID in Massachusetts was suspected to be killed sometime in early to mid 1989, maybe late '88 at the earliest while we know Millie was found in '84. BTW, I do believe Massachusetts UID had her entire legs and arms cut off.

Timing wise I cant help but wonder if this is connected to the Young woman who was a college student at the University in Moscow Idaho who was abducted while riding her bike to Lewiston Idaho in 1981.
Her dismembered remains were found floating in the Snake River south of Lewiston about four days later.
Authorities believe this murder was part of a series of killings perpetuated in the Lewiston area between 1979-1982 by a serial killer.
Spokane is about a three hour drive north from Lewiston.

I think this thread is the same young lady Kline was talking about.

Here is her Namus page: https://identifyus.org/cases/489

Exclusions are:
Andria Bailey
Carol Donn
Sharon Giusti
Kathryn Gregory
Joan Hall
Julia Kanol (Cannell)
Kase Lee
Kelly McGinniss
Helen Morgan
Elaine Robertson
Verla Winter

ME/C Case Number: 84-0002
Spokane County, Washington
16 to 30 year old White Female

Scars and marks
on left patella t a 1 and 1/2 inch oval horizontal scar. there were multiple striae over the lower abdomen and breasts. An oblique scar on the left arm 3 and 1/2 inch in length. Two Nevi (moles) one measuring 4 mm and located at the front of the neck.

Mary Ann Hogland?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1247dfca.html

Missing since July/August of 1981 in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California. Hogland-McCluskey ran away from home after being abused and was picked up and taken to Los Guilicos Juvenile Justice Center in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California. She ran away from the juvenile facility in the summer of 1981 and has not been seen again.

Date Of Birth: December 18, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old (that would put her just inside the age limit)
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde curly hair; brown eyes. Hogland-McCluskey has moles on her neck. Thick ankles, wore about a B cup bra at the time of her disappearance.
Aliases: McCluskey
DNA: Available

Looks like a good match, but the UID had given birth to at least one child.
Mary Ann Hogland?

Missing since July/August of 1981 in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California. Hogland-McCluskey ran away from home after being abused and was picked up and taken to Los Guilicos Juvenile Justice Center in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California. She ran away from the juvenile facility in the summer of 1981 and has not been seen again.

Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old (that would put her just inside the age limit)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde curly hair; brown eyes. Hogland-McCluskey has moles on her neck. Thick ankles, wore about a B cup bra at the time of her disappearance.

Mary Ann Hogland?

I think Mary Ann is exactly the kind of young woman we are looking for here. She was probably living on the streets or transitory situations after she ran away. She could have given birth during that time....

Thanks, I've submitted it, as DNA is available it should be an easy one to rule out at least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back