GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Makara

I just logged on with this case in mind. I'm assuming that it rang bells for you too. The video of the hubby is very very interesting. Some text book eye movements to his right. Also, he is well set up with evidence of his concern for his wife's welfare - lots of calls to a mobile and already a web page to help find her - but no mention of searching on foot. Let's hope she's fine and well, and my interpretations are incorrect.

Got him in front of a jury already? Wow....

Not much news as yet on the BC case, eyes peeled and ears posted

I used to live in a side street basically on the other side of Sydney Road, directly across from the area where her things have been found.

On a Friday night it is SO busy around there - someone has definitely seen something. Alaysa restaurant on the corner would have been packed at that time... this is a very strange because just like other posters have said - women just don't disappear in inner Melbourne like this. Hoping for the best but it is awful knowing things have been found.

Maybe it's just me and my antiquated view of the world, but doesn't anyone else find it a very odd situation where the husband is home while his wife is out boozing until the small hours - quite regularly, apparently - and that they think it quite "normal" to be prowling around through dark back alleys in Brunswick at 2 in the morning?

All sounds very odd to me.....

And supposedly calling her brother at 1:45am? Who calls people at 1:45am, unless it's an emergency? But I gather it was just to chat about their father.

Something very peculiar going on there....

And supposedly calling her brother at 1:45am? Who calls people at 1:45am, unless it's an emergency? But I gather it was just to chat about their father.

I think the call was to Ireland, which would make sense if they were waiting for news there about his health.

Twitter: Items found apparently are her handbag and contents.

I think the call was to Ireland, which would make sense if they were waiting for news there about his health.

Actually - it may have been to Perth, which would have been two hours behind Melbourne I think. This is from news.com.au:

Ms Meagher's brother, Michael McKeon, believes he was the last person to speak to her.

Mr McKeon, who arrived from Perth yesterday, said Ms Meagher called him in the early hours of Saturday to check on their father who recently had a stroke. He believes she called at about 1.45am.

"She was just calling to see how things were," Mr McKeon said.

"She hung up and just sounded a little worried.

"It sounded like she was on her way home.

"I called back a few times and she never answered."

Link:

http://www.news.com.au/national/ite...tes-in-brunswick/story-fndo4eg9-1226479708333

And that quote from the brother is actually a bit ambiguous - does he mean 1:45 Melbourne time, or Perth time where presumably he was?

It's puzzling how a 5 min. Walk home could become so mysterious!

Her phone is missing, and is turned OFF.... more and more mysterious

Live press conference from Vic Police on ABC News 24 via the web

Edit: "handbag was found in a laneway running off Hope St, and contained documents with ID, and is definitely hers"

Off Topic. I hope this beautiful young woman is found alive and well. I hope this isn't a case of 'here we go again'.

AN Irish woman who works for ABC radio in Melbourne has vanished while walking home from a Brunswick bar.
Jill Meagher, 29, was seen leaving The Brunswick Green bar on Sydney Rd at about midnight, before walking to Bar Etiquette where she was last seen between 1.30am and 2am on Saturday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-a-brunswick-bar/story-e6frf7kx-1226479708333

I think he looks devastated. Apparently most of he area where my sister lives is in complete lockdown, police everywhere and helicopters. They must be close to figuring out what happened to this gorgeous woman :( Her hubby, in my opinion seems to be genuine, but then I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

A dear young friend of our family was recently the victim of a hit and run in Townsville. He died after being left by the side of the road. Where he was carried by the impact (of the 2nd car that hit him) he was almost completely hidden from view. There are a lot of low lying fences in Brunswick with front gardens. I wonder if something similar might have happened. I hope she's safe. Sorry off topic (or I hope so anyway!) but my sister and I are been on the phone discussing it this morning.

All IMO

Maybe it's just me and my antiquated view of the world, but doesn't anyone else find it a very odd situation where the husband is home while his wife is out boozing until the small hours - quite regularly, apparently - and that they think it quite "normal" to be prowling around through dark back alleys in Brunswick at 2 in the morning?

Maybe her husband had to get up for work early the next day? Maybe her hubby was being an A-hole, so she went out to get some space? And who said anything about her 'prowling' around in dark alleys Doc?

I think he looks devastated. Apparently most of he area where my sister lives is in complete lockdown, police everywhere and helicopters. They must be close to figuring out what happened to this gorgeous woman :( Her hubby, in my opinion seems to be genuine, but then I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

A dear young friend of our family was recently the victim of a hit and run in Townsville. He died after being left by the side of the road. Where he was carried by the impact (of the 2nd car that hit him) he was almost completely hidden from view. There are a lot of low lying fences in Brunswick with front gardens. I wonder if something similar might have happened. I hope she's safe. Sorry off topic (or I hope so anyway!) but my sister and I are been on the phone discussing it this morning.

Good to still read all the theories and info floating about. Hopefully the net is being weaved stronger by the day and Allisons killer is jailed for a long time!!

All IMO

Australia Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Maybe her husband had to get up for work early the next day? Maybe her hubby was being an A-hole, so she went out to get some space? And who said anything about her 'prowling' around in dark alleys Doc?

Do you mean DOC?

I imagine this would have already been mentioned...,but did anyone with homes backing up to the alley hear any yells,,scuffles, cries, etc.?

Maybe it was a Freudian slip Timmy LOL, but I and O are side by side on the keyboard :wink:

From what I understand (as we share mutual twitter 'friends') a bunch of people did physically go out looking for her. Word got out fast that she was 'missing'.

I think it would be easy to question the husband's claim about taking out nothing other than her bankcard when in fact, Police have found her handbag (and the contents). My husband probably wouldn't remember what I was wearing let alone what 'things' I took out! :floorlaugh:

Maybe I read it wrong, but Police have cordoned off an empty shop in the area. Was that correct?

No I do not find it odd going out leaving hubby home there could be lots of reasons why. I often go out without my hubby and yes I do have a few drinks too! She has probably walked the same route home lots of times also.
2am dark back alleys??

I think it would be easy to question the husband's claim about taking out nothing other than her bankcard when in fact, Police have found her handbag (and the contents). My husband probably wouldn't remember what I was wearing let alone what 'things' I took out! :floorlaugh:

Maybe I read it wrong, but Police have cordoned off an empty shop in the area. Was that correct?

I know I would take a different little evening bag out if it were me. If my hubby saw my 'day bag' on the hook at the front door I think he'd assume I didn't take my bag with me.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member