Soldier gives birth on the front lines in Afghanistan

So the woman didn't realize she was pregnant, and no one else realized, and the baby was supposedly only 5 week's premature? Errrm...not that I am judging body size but...how fit was she?

So the woman didn't realize she was pregnant, and no one else realized, and the baby was supposedly only 5 week's premature? Errrm...not that I am judging body size but...how fit was she?

This is not my area of expertise, Sonya, but I did watch one of those "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" shows where the mother in question was a fitness instructor who simply gained very little weight and didn't show much because her abdominal muscles were so tight.

I admit it baffles me, but that's what she claimed. (She had been told she could never have children, so she wasn't looking for other signs.)

When I was 8 weeks pregnant with my first, I stretched out on my stomach to look for the remote under the couch. I felt a distinct lump, like lying on a smooth stone. I can not imagine be a gunner, of all things, nearly term, and not notice every time she laid down to fire her weapon. Maybe she thought she had the misfortune of lying on stones all the time . . .

My first child, there was no denying I was knocked up. Second baby, nope, I wasn't denying he was in there. My third, well, I was underweight the entire pregnancy, didn't get it verified by a doctor until 28 weeks, and only then because my best friend noticed my breasts were bigger. By the end of the pregnancy, I had gained 8 pounds total. My last two kids, once again, I got huge. I did suspect with my third child, but wasn't sure, and not until I was already quite pregnant.

I think that it is possible to really not know. Just not very common, and I don't have a set opinion on whether I believe this particular woman or not.

Well, I only gained 12 lbs. with my second pregnancy but I still looked pregnant, that's for sure.

You hear enough of these kinds of stories that there might be some truth in it.
I personally think it is some kind of really, really intense denial.

Even with negating the weight gain issue, how could you ignore that baby in there kicking at your ribs during those final weeks?

Just the kicking alone.............at least what I felt.........

Depends where the placenta is. If the placenta is in the front, you have a much harder time feeling movements. I really noticed the truth to this with my twin pregnancy. I had singles who moved more often than those twins. But that was because one of the placentas implanted right in the front, so I only felt the movement that landed outside of the placenta area.

Well, I only gained 12 lbs. with my second pregnancy but I still looked pregnant, that's for sure.

You hear enough of these kinds of stories that there might be some truth in it.
I personally think it is some kind of really, really intense denial.

Even with negating the weight gain issue, how could you ignore that baby in there kicking at your ribs during those final weeks?

My mom SWEARS I NEVER moved when she was pregnant with me.
She was 35 5'2" and weighed 89# and gained 12# with the pregnany. I was 7#8 oz and 21 inches long... (dad was 6'3")

She thought it was because I had no room!
I think it's because she REALLY didn't want a child...took
her 6 days to figure out my name!

Who knows! Mine kicked at 17wks I saw a FOOT go "bloop"
when he kicked! Mine about broke my dang ribs with his feet and I am surprised he didn't bust my bladder with those punches!
When he would stretch my entire stomach would get wonky!

In the military her head would "military mode"
maybe gas and heartburn are common with the food.
When they finally get to sleep they are OUT!

If she is a woman of child bearing age and still intact
it can happen...
moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members