GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second male walking north up Sydney Rd, with dark hair and frontal baldness, dark jacket and dark pants seems concerned enough to take a prolonged look behind. This was before Blue Hoodie and Gill walked into camera view. 'Guys get guys' so he would most likely be able to read male harrassment of a female. Whether it was one or more he saw, I hope that he goes to VPolice about that night.

I totally agree....that guy in the black sweater was thinking, uhuh what is this scum bag up to with that pretty, drunk, well dressed lady.....Also like I said before in the longer footage I have seen.........it is ages from when blue hoodie goes past to when he comes back again.....in alot of the news footage it has been cut so it seems as though he goes back and back really quickly...that is not the case. I find that even more worrying because he was walking up and down that street for some reason

The more times you watch the cctv, the more confusing it becomes.
Just before MM and Jill come into shot, looks like a young man in jeans and black satchel walks past, he would have been closest to them.

Please really look at his hand as they are right in front of store's door in the video on post #880 & #1079 it looks like something black in his hand my eyes might be playing tricks on me, I don't see it so well in the u-tube video. He seems to be walking with a purpose the first time he goes by and the guy in the red hoody seems to take note of him before the next guy in the gray and he really notices something. I have rewatched it over and over and it looks like a small black gun he is pointing at her.

I also wonder why she didnt call the husband???? or yep pretend to.....maybe because of the time difference in perth? just wanting to actually call someone??? and not wanting to wake up hubby....Lets face it, here in Australia when you have a trying to chat to you, you get annoyed and maybe hang on to your bag tighter, but it really doesnt cross your mind that they might kill you.........

It has been 4 hours and about 12 minutes since LE has released this video...

I wonder how many responses/clues/ID's have they received...

And how many valid responses/clues/ID's have they received?

I am off to bed...

I have a feeling there will be some interesting turns in this case when I wake up!

Prayers to Jill and her loved ones! :praying:

Just re the apparently missing time segments on that video: I think the police would have edited those out. The camera does NOT look to be motion activated to me, as there are long periods of no movement, but it is still recording. And on a busy street like Sydney Rd, it would continually be flicking in and out of record mode all day and night.

I suspect the police have either edited out some boring bits, or some bits they think may be crucial but don't yet want the public to see, for whatever reason.

And I wonder if they have noticed that Jill stops again right at the end of that clip - one would presume they have.

One other point re the times and syncing etc - phones will usually sync to the network time, so would be accurate. In fact the most accurate clock you have in your possession is probably your phone. The CCTV would probably take its time from the recording computer, which would be connected to the 'net for both control purposes and remote management. Via the net, it would sync to a system called NTP (Network Time Protocol) just like your computer does. It's pretty accurate, although there may be a few hundredths of a second discrepancy between the phone network time and the computer NTP time. But mostly, they would be in sync to all intents and purposes.

they have definitely edited out boring bits.......like I have said, I have seen one where blue hoodie goes past and then it is ages before he walks back in the opposite direction....certainly a lot longer than what is in the news clips......and nothing happens, no one goes past only cars

The most worrying thing is that Jill didn't answer phone when brother was trying to call back.

they have definitely edited out boring bits.......like I have said, I have seen one where blue hoodie goes past and then it is ages before he walks back in the opposite direction....certainly a lot longer than what is in the news clips......and nothing happens, no one goes past only cars

And who knows how many times he had walked past the shop before the released footage.

The more times you watch the cctv, the more confusing it becomes.
Just before MM and Jill come into shot, looks like a young man in jeans and black satchel walks past, he would have been closest to them.

I agree! very confusing. I can't stop watching it. And is it just me or does it seem like there is way too much activity going on ie. traffic and people, for something to go wrong then and there! You think there would have to be a witness of some sort or someone to yell out to if she felt that she was in an unsafe situation. And I agree with Kiwi 50 about phoning husband if you were that close to home and felt worried. I wouldn't care what time it was or if I might wake him up. I would have no hesitation in calling him and saying come and get me NOW!(please!)

I also wonder why she didnt call the husband???? or yep pretend to.....maybe because of the time difference in perth? just wanting to actually call someone??? and not wanting to wake up hubby....Lets face it, here in Australia when you have a trying to chat to you, you get annoyed and maybe hang on to your bag tighter, but it really doesnt cross your mind that they might kill you.........

I've wondered that too, the first instinct should be to call whoever is nearest to where you are, or call the police. The other instinct would be to enter a business that was still open.

Okay here's my take (please correct me if this doesn't fit with the CCTV!)

Blue hoodie is hassling her, it creeps her out so she pretend to text and waits for him to go further up the road.

She contemplates going back the way she came but decides against it, instead deciding to continue up Sydney road, but while on the phone to her brother for some reassurance. Doesn't believe the situation is serious enough/warrants alarming her brother by divulging the true reason for the call.

Is on the phone to her brother while she goes past the Turkish place, hence all the voices in the background. Round the corner down Hope Street believing she is alone. At this point the call to her brother is over, but still has her phone in her hands as she waits for her brother to call her back.

In the laneway on the left side as you walk up Hope Street Blue Hoodie and accomplice pull her into a waiting car, her handbag slips out of her hands but she holds on to the phone. Woman in Turkish restaurant hears her scream but no one is close enough to see anything.

As many people have already suggested, someone finds the handbag on Sat (probably before the case has received media attention) freaks out when they realize it's implicated in a missing persons case and places it back sometime on Sunday/monday morning.

Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube

I think this is the unedited version...I am sure a few of you have seen it......it is ages before he comes back again......I have also noticed that he does slightly check out the guy in the orange sweater as well....I am also convinced that him and Jill were walking very slowly (or stopped) at the right of the screen when the guy in the black top goes past and it is them he is looking at....

Which is the laneway her handbag was found in? Is it somewhere on Hope Street between Sydney Road and Lux Way? I'm looking on Street View but can't find anything that looks like the pics shown on MSM.

I've wondered that too, the first instinct should be to call whoever is nearest to where you are, or call the police. The other instinct would be to enter a business that was still open.

Don't forget she'd already texted her husband earlier in the night asking him to come along and had received no reply. She would have assumed he was still asleep, and didn't want to wake him/worry him over something she probably felt was nothing that serious. So the brother may have seemed like a better option.

As an attractive woman she'd probably been hassled by guys before. And the fact she'd had a few drinks probably also impaired her assessment of the gravity of the situation.

I wouldn't say correct weight has been called just yet. There is something still niggling about this.
Yes I wouldn't be paying out yet.
If only husband had started calling her at 1.30am or even 1.45am things might have been different, sadly 2am was too late...

Is on the phone to her brother while she goes past the Turkish place, hence all the voices in the background. Round the corner down Hope Street believing she is alone. At this point the call to her brother is over, but still has her phone in her hands as she waits for her brother to call her back.

why would she go past the Turkish place? It is north of Hope St. Lux Way comes off Hope St

Or maybe because as he has stated he was asleep when she last texted him and he did not get it for awhile. So she may have thought he was asleep, and maybe knew the phone was off. It could be for a range of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire