GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that in the first part of the footage, the blue hoodie character is moving in response to the other foot traffic on the street. He may have been standing around a bit, and not wanting to look like he is loitering or waiting for someone, he starts walking when he realizes that someone else is coming up the street. It also seems to me that his stride and the way he carries himself change throughout the footage. In the beginning of the film, I thought for sure that his manner of walking seemed odd. (I don't know how to describe this exactly, and I don't want to offend anyone, but it seemed like a skulk- odd)
Each time he passed someone, his posture changed.
When I saw him talking to Jill, I did not get that impression. What I did notice is that he uses his hands quite a bit when speaking, and at first it seemed to me that he was intruding on her personal space. Then when he starts walking away he uses his hands in a way which I would interpret as, "hey, I am just trying to help you out here, but you are free to do whatever you want". She clearly does not want to continue walking with him, but she looks back a bit fearfully, and hesitates before continuing forward.

I wonder if the blue hoodie man was also at the pub that evening. It seems as if he was trying to time an interaction with her, or was waiting for something.

I'm from Country Victoria. Sydney Rd is unbelieveably busy even at the latest of times at night. I remember in January of this year while my partner was in hospital at the Brunswick Private Hosp on Moreland Rd (which is not all that far from this area of which she disappeared), I would be driving to and from there daily as I was staying nearby in Parkville. Sometimes I would not leave the hospital until midnight/1am and would drive down Sydney Rd, I can tell you now that, that street does NOT stop. It was crazy, like there was so many more people on the street around midnight onwards. I remember opting to take the train from nearby where I was staying and my partner's cousin suggesting that it would not be a good idea because of the area and it having a "reputation" for not being 'safe' or as such to walk alone at night, especially being female. Anyway with how busy it clearly was, IMO, Someone HAD to have seen JILL and can identify the male in the 'blue jumper'. :banghead:

It's uncanny how well the theory with the Dutch girl fits in with what looks like happened to Jill. BH tells her she is being followed, and beckons for her to come with him. she ignores him but is unsettled, and checks behind her to see if its true. Even the Mans descriptions match up and the incidents happened under similar circumstances (1.30-2.30am trendy suburb girl with foreign accent walking home alone). However i really hope that is not the case :(

Can I just add, not meaning to cause trouble, but can we maybe move past what the MM is wearing. MANY people across MANY income levels wear clothes exactly like that and does not mean they are a junkie. Think about it. I've been to several affluent places in my life where people are wearing rubber thongs, boardshorts and hoodies doesnt mean they are "low lifes" or "derro". I myself might not dress that way but doesnt mean someone else on WS behind their screen isnt and is taking offense to the generalisations made.
o.

Good point, Zuckerberg loves a hoodie

I'm from Country Victoria. Sydney Rd is unbelieveably busy even at the latest of times at night. I remember in January of this year while my partner was in hospital at the Brunswick Private Hosp, I would be driving to and from there daily as I was staying nearby in Parkville. Sometimes I would not leave the hospital until midnight/1am and would drive down Sydney Rd, I can tell you now that, that street does NOT stop. It was crazy, like there was so many more people on the street around midnight onwards. I remember opting to take the train from nearby where I was staying and my partner's cousin suggesting that it would not be a good idea because of the area and it having a "reputation" for not being 'safe' or as such to walk alone at night, especially being female. Anyway with how busy it clearly was, IMO, Someone HAD to have seen JILL and can identify the male in the 'blue jumper'. :banghead:

Hi FruitTingles & welcome to WS. With all that passing traffic shown in the CCTV one would think, as you've said, someone surely would have seen her walking along that road.

Excuse me for "butting in" (I'm new at this and have been reading through everything for the last couple of hours), but do you think the male in the blue jumper that was seen talking to her in the CCTV footage out the front of 'Duchess Boutique' could have been in the background of the phone call to her brother? As he is clearly seen with her and they continue to walk on out of CCTV footage sight and then she is supposed to have made the phone call to her brother? Interesting....:waitasec:

:wagon: (love your name, as an Ausiie in America I now have a craving for a fruit tingle lol)

Good point, Zuckerberg loves a hoodie

I don't think it's the hoodie, it's more the whole outfit and his general demeanour. This area looks like Surry Hills in Sydney, and this guy doesn't look like he fits the neighbourhood?

Sorry for the continuous posting - But I literally got so creeped out when I read this comment on the 'Help Us Find Jill Meagher' facebook page.
<modsnip> Just reported this to Crime Stoppers, who were unaware of this story from August 01. Seems to match description of guy in CCTV footage, and would explain why Jill Meagher is looking back a lot during the footage if he's telling her she's being followed....http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/y...ually-assaulted-after-con-20120801-23dvb.html

'You're being followed': backpacker sexually assaulted after con
www.theage.com.au
&#8206;'You're being followed': backpacker sexually assaulted after con.

about an hour ago · Unlike · 83

Link to the article: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/y...ually-assaulted-after-con-20120801-23dvb.html

Link to where I found this comment: http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindJillMeagher?ref=stream

The guy in the CCTV footage with Jill, to me, looks similar to the man pictured in this article ^^^

Looking at the Find Jill Meagher facebook page and along with the report about the Dutch woman in St Kilda there are other reports of similar attacks and attempted abductions on young women - in Jan 2012 in Fitzory North a 26 yr old French woman was grabbed by a man and stabbed -http://melbourne-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/woman-stabbed-in-fitzroy-north/

And from last year April 5th 2011 a 28 yr old woman was raped in Parkville http://www.mako.org.au/newsart661.html

The sketches and descriptions are similar IMO and also that the suspect had a knife...

Sorry for the continuous posting - But I literally got so creeped out when I read this comment on the 'Help Us Find Jill Meagher' facebook page.
Jessie Aiton Just reported this to Crime Stoppers, who were unaware of this story from August 01. Seems to match description of guy in CCTV footage, and would explain why Jill Meagher is looking back a lot during the footage if he's telling her she's being followed....http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/y...ually-assaulted-after-con-20120801-23dvb.html

Why am I not surprised about this (Crime Stoppers). Sorry to make the following comparison, but this has overtones of the Milat story and the British backpacker who reported his attempted abduction to police but it wasn't linked to the case.

hi guys above....re the guy in black, the police have actually come out and said that they think he was looking at hoodie and jill.......I am sure he was...they are wanting this guy to come forward.

And wow re the backpacker!!! that is very scary............I am in Nth Qld, is st kilda close to Brunswick????? I know they are both kinda trendy popular suburbs arent they? It could then be the same guy.....as other women have come forward and said they were followed, tried to be pulled into a car etc am wondering if this guy goes to the popular spots late at night waiting for vulnerable women......it could just be him.....saying that, to me he has a mohawk and yes looks like your typical feral "you got a smoke" type of guy.

Hi st Kilda and Brunswick are both places where you would find backpackers out late at night . I think this is the same guy and is attracted by the accents imo

Looking at the Find Jill Meagher facebook page and along with the report about the Dutch woman in St Kilda there are other reports of similar attacks and attempted abductions on young women - in Jan 2012 in Fitzory North a 26 yr old French woman was grabbed by a man and stabbed -http://melbourne-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/woman-stabbed-in-fitzroy-north/

And from last year April 5th 2011 a 28 yr old woman was raped in Parkville http://www.mako.org.au/newsart661.html

The sketches and descriptions are similar IMO and also that the suspect had a knife...

The one in Parkville looks like the same man as assaulted the Dutch girl.

It would be very scary if the guy in St Kilda was the same guy, especially given the amount of time I and people I know spend time in both places, often walking the short distance home (depending which of the 2 places we're in). I'm not sure I buy it though. If she's just been told she's being stalked, would she not call her husband, the police, or at least wait in the Turkish restaurant? Would she really allow this guy walk her down dark Hope Street? Her body language towards him suggests not. Anything is possible I guess.

I don't think it's just what he's wearing that suggests he's feral. White collar men also commit crimes, sure. Let's not forget women criminals too. Would I feel more comfortable being accosted by a guy in a suit or Blue hoodie? I don't think I'm being bigoted when I say I'd be very wary of someone who looked like BH.

Hmm, looks like it may be someone escalating :(

Hoping that right now police are narrowing in on someone, it is only going to take one call from someone who recognises him.

OMG - look at the cheekbones in those sketches! I noted earlier the distinct cheekbones in the CCTV released today.

Can I just add, not meaning to cause trouble, but can we maybe move past what the MM is wearing. MANY people across MANY income levels wear clothes exactly like that and does not mean they are a junkie. Think about it. I've been to several affluent places in my life where people are wearing rubber thongs, boardshorts and hoodies doesnt mean they are "low lifes" or "derro". I myself might not dress that way but doesnt mean someone else on WS behind their screen isnt and is taking offense to the generalisations made.

Yes by all accounts this MM was the last to see Gillian but he has not been arrested nor charged or convicted at this stage. What if he is innocent and left her and kept walking? As we know all too well WS folks, white collar men commit heinous crimes too.

...Mark Zuckerberg...!?

For any members who aren't familiar with WS rules regarding posting comments from social networking sites or blogs...

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor.Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member