GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think she seems nervous by her mannerisms. He gets closer, she backs away and stops until there is distance between them. I know she was drinking but she seems to be fumbling with her phone, this seems more like a reaction from being nervous than alcohol.

Yes, I agree. She isn't freaked out but she isn't comfortable either. He is in her face, her space, she backs away then goes for the phone.

Just looked at the CCTV yet again. At about 2:07-2:08, the Blue Hoodie has walked to the left, but turns around to face back towards where Jill is standing, and if you look - just in that couple of frames - through the shop window just ABOVE that placard or screen or whatever it is, and just below where the curly metal scroll sticks out from the end of the clothes rack on the left - his face is almost clearly visible as he looks back towards Jill. Right at the far left end of the shop window.

Does anyone else see that?

I was using the YouTube version of the CCTV clip, full screen, and it was at the 2:07-8 mark, from here:

Jill Meagher CCTV (VERY CLEAR VERSION) - YouTube

Does anyone know exactly where this laneway is where the handbag was found?

These are apparently pictures of the laneway:

http://www.theage.com.au/photogalle...d-to-jill-20120924-26gi2.html?selectedImage=0

But I can't find anything that resembles any of those buildings when I look at Hope St on Google Maps Street View? I'm wondering how far from Sydney Road the laneway is. I too am of the opinion that someone probably found it, took it, realised it was part of a murder investigation, freaked out and put it back.

It is the first lane on the left in Hope street past the small parking area. On google earth street view it is along side a brick building that has a Herald Sun sign on it and a very colourful van parked outside. When you look into the lane on google earth street view you can see the matching white stripe running along about halfway down the wall of the brick building and a silver pipe. These match the pictures you linked. The bins are in the same position on the right hand side of the lane, though the graffiti on them is a bit different due no doubt to the passage of time since the google photos were taken.

I really think she seems nervous by her mannerisms. He gets closer, she backs away and stops until there is distance between them. I know she was drinking but she seems to be fumbling with her phone, this seems more like a reaction from being nervous than alcohol.

Interesting thoughts. Jill looked unsteady to me...and I assumed it was a combination of alcohol and feeling disoriented - like one does when they're trying to use their phone and walk at the same time.

According to this graphic in The Age (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brunswick-alone-and-after-dark-20120925-26ig6.html)

620_map2.jpg

Sorry to be dense, but where is the bridal shop in relation to Sydney road and Hope street?

Interesting thoughts. Jill looked unsteady to me...and I assumed it was a combination of alcohol and feeling disoriented - like one does when they're trying to use their phone and walk at the same time.

If you were walking home after a couple of drinks in those shoes you'd be a rare woman if not unsteady.

It's just a couple of shops north of Blyth St, on the left/western side of Sydney Rd.

It is the first lane on the left in Hope street past the small parking area. On google earth street view it is along side a brick building that has a Herald Sun sign on it and a very colourful van parked outside. When you look into the lane on google earth street view you can see the matching white stripe running along about halfway down the wall of the brick building and a silver pipe. These match the pictures you linked. The bins are in the same position on the right hand side of the lane, though the graffiti on them is a bit different due no doubt to the passage of time since the google photos were taken.

Wonderful, thank you for that! That's very close to the beginning of Hope Street, maybe if it was removed and then returned, that's where whoever took it found it. That seems to be the closest alleyway to Duchess, but where is she? :(

Sorry to be dense, but where is the bridal shop in relation to Sydney road and Hope street?

Its on the left about a third of the way up the block between Sydney and Hope Street from the intersection of Blyth Street. So still a fair way to the Hope street corner. It is marked with a purple handbag on google earth.

It's just a couple of shops north of Blyth St, on the left/western side of Sydney Rd.

So she would have turned into Hope street to go home.
Is the kebab shop on Sydney road past the Hope street corner going north?

Yes! And although I know Jill was heading for Hope St, if she'd gone straight up Sydney Rd another block the Brunswick Police Station is on the other side of the road. :(

Yes, the kebab shop is on the corner of Hope and Sydney, and she wouldn't have needed to go that far if she was going home.

That picture absolutely blows my mind, every time. She was SO CLOSE to home.

Generally the closer people get to home the more they let their guard down. And if this were a walk she did often, I doubt she realized how much danger she was in.

Where are you, Jill? :(

Does the man on CCTV - Does he have a tattoo on the back of his neck or is just shadow?

perp1.jpg

Sorry it's so big! Don't have the right software on the laptop. Sigh!

Just looked at the CCTV yet again. At about 2:07-2:08, the Blue Hoodie has walked to the left, but turns around to face back towards where Jill is standing, and if you look - just in that couple of frames - through the shop window just ABOVE that placard or screen or whatever it is, and just below where the curly metal scroll sticks out from the end of the clothes rack on the left - his face is almost clearly visible as he looks back towards Jill. Right at the far left end of the shop window.

Does anyone else see that?

I was using the YouTube version of the CCTV clip, full screen, and it was at the 2:07-8 mark, from here:

Jill Meagher CCTV (VERY CLEAR VERSION) - YouTube

Yep I saw that Doc and was trying to capture it in a screenshot but I don't have photoshop to make a poster.

Yes, I agree. She isn't freaked out but she isn't comfortable either. He is in her face, her space, she backs away then goes for the phone.

That's the way I saw it too. One of things I've noticed from past experience is that busy streets like this late at night do get sudden gaps in foot traffic. There are people way up ahead and people way back, but the people you were walking with - you don't know them, but they are heading home like you - suddenly disappear as they move ahead, walking faster, or turn off the main street. Then you are suddenly on a stretch of street all by yourself.

Cars go by, but not many people driving that time of night are studying what's happening on the footpath.

Poor Jill in those shoes wouldn't have been walking fast. From the video, it seems that several people past her and moved ahead. It may well have been that other walkers were way back.

MOO on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member