Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 4 - Wednesday, Sept 26

Looks like they are using the same strategy as with Tammi - jumping around from date to date, instead of keeping everything in chronological order.

Why didn't they get into the calls EJ made/received on the neighbor's phone, instead of stressing the point, without calling LE to go into details?

We might actually get to find out some of the stops EJ took when on the run. (via the gps)

this is the LEO who analyzed the Magellan and other electronic devices.

He is giving a lot of detailed information about how he went about his work.

GPS didn't leave a "bread crumb trail" it just had "favorite places" on it and plots the route. Some are in Texas, Tennessee, and Florida.

Det. Todd Bailey - computer forensics unit - computers, cell phones, internet, email, GPS units, all kinds of data . . . investigations bureau = over 700 hrs training. Jan 2010 got involved in case on 1/6/10 - contacted by Det's on case . . . GPS unit, a camera, a recorder also brought in 6th & 7th. Magellen Roadmate GPS . .. found in conjunction w/case involving EJ. What can we find from this GPS device - had not seen this exact model before - looked up online - got data from software and got ahold of software designer who walked them thru process to get data from it. This GPS didn't record a "breadcrumb trail" . . . it just had "memorized places" on that device. Custom points put in the person has to manually put it in and save as a point of reference. Hooked it up to a forensic computer. Forensics does not want to change anything on the device -so their procedures just read from but do not write data to the device. No changes are made and nothing is put into that device. The favorites were plotted on a map in a report format - using the software. Defense Atty's are looking @ report that Prosecutor gave them. State's Exhibit #21 - Blackthorn (?) report software used to analyze data on the device. 7 page document. First page contains . . . file name . . . different files stored on GPS unit . . .device capture Magellen Roadmate 1420 date and time - file size on GPS . . . mathmatical to look @ file to determine nothing has changed. Page 2 . . .has map of US . . . plots on map some in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee. Zoomed out so it looks like just one area in Texas but when zoom in can see there were numerous places. Cannot say if the person went to these places but the areas are where someone typed in the data to the GPS. Listing addresses in San Antonio . . . library and Cricket in San Antonio - and Nashville TN . . . target in San Antonio - address on I-5, various addresses in Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale FL.

3rd page - zoomed in San Antonio
4th - san antonio

5 is houston and nashville

7 ft lauderdale and miami beach

Lunch break until 1:30

Discussion about only having about 1.5 hrs of testimony tomorrow due to need to redacting transcription for testimony. State feels they can finish up by Tuesday or Wed next week.

Judge doesn't want to have jury come in for 1.5 hrs . . . Defense doesn't want to be "bad guy" here . . . . doesn't want a gap for jurors. . . . wants to have testimony tomorrow . . . . Judge has mixed feelings . . . . wants to allow jury to deliberate without gap (a dark week?) . . . judge wants to talk to jury if they are available week of Oct 8th . . . he is inclined right now to use time tomorrow that is available to "knock that out". Judge will talk to jury about not having to be there until 11/6. They can chop off . . . they can take off any time after Oct 22nd. Defense doesn't think there is any chance they will go even that far. Judge agrees. State has one caveat . . . no idea how long jury will deliberate. They could deliberate 16th - 22nd. Defense asks if Jury could deliberate next friday (5th) if they have the case . See you @ 1:30.

library and Cricket in San Antonio - and Nashville TN . . . target in San Antonio - address on I-5,

BBM: I think the address was I-35 in San Antonio. That's where the Tornado Bus Station was located: 7914 Interstate 35 San Antonio, TX 78224

I thought I heard that too but was not sure . . . not exactly sure which week they are talking about though.

Here's the rest of the schedule-

9/27/2012 10:30 Trial

10/1/2012 10:30 Trial

10/2/2012 10:30 Trial

10/3/2012 10:30 Trial

10/4/2012 10:30 Trial

10/15/2012 10:30 Trial

10/16/2012 10:30 Trial

10/17/2012 10:30 Trial

10/18/2012 10:30 Trial

10/22/2012 10:30 Trial

10/31/2012 10:30 Trial

11/1/2012 10:30 Trial

11/5/2012 10:30 Trial

11/6/2012 10:30 Trial

I wonder if the lawyers had an issue that week, or if that was to accommodate that juror who had a work issue, since pros. brought him up again when they were talking about the schedule....

Houston? hmm, does TPS have any relatives in Houston that anyone is aware of?

Did they state where they recovered the GPS device from?

I'm lost - the bus went through Houston- are you talking cell pings or what?

This is taken from the data on the Magellen GPS device that was in the car with EJ. This particular Magellen doesn't record where it has been . . . only the addresses that actually typed into the device by the user (ie: EJ).

Did they state where they recovered the GPS device from?

No only that he was given this device by LE to check out the data on th GPS device.

quoting my own transcription of his testimony . . .

"Jan 2010 got involved in case on 1/6/10 - contacted by Det's on case . . . GPS unit, a camera, a recorder also brought in 6th & 7th. Magellen Roadmate GPS . .. found in conjunction w/case involving EJ."

I'm lost - the bus went through Houston- are you talking cell pings or what?

The very first address that was entered into EJ's GPS device was a location in Houston. The next few were for the same address for a child care center in SA - even before the motel address was typed in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01
Back