Teen Fatally Slit Throat While Playing Pass Out As Seen On YouTube

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Teen whose throat was punctured after copying a YouTube video dies

CHULA VISTA, Calif. - A 15-year-old Chula Vista boy has died in a freak accident after he fell onto a drinking glass, puncturing his neck while playing a pass out game with friends in his bedroom, police said Wednesday.

http://www.10news.com/news/teen-who-slit-his-throat-after-copying-a-youtube-video-dies

California Teen Dies In Freak Accident After Mimicking 'Pass Out Game' From YouTube Video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...accident-youtube-pass-out-game_n_1917338.html

This happened close by me last night. I could see the emergency vehicles and at first I thought it was an auto accident, but then realized they were at a residential neighborhood. Didn't find out 'til this morning what happened.

What a shame,
:(
fran

This is awful so sad. I feel for his family.

I remember when I was in middle school there was a crazy for trying this or something very similar. I saw a friend of mine do it and it truly scared *****less and I never tried it because of what I saw. I can’t imagine watching a video of it and trying it.

This is so terribly tragic and sad. I feel so bad for his parents, friends, and others who loved him. Too bad that if he had to do this, that he didn't use a soft plastic glass and not one that could break and cut his neck. I hope this will be a lesson to other teens not to try this. If so, maybe some other lives will be saved.

Boy whose throat was slashed in freak accident remembered

Friends described David Nuno as funny, kind

Several Eastlake High School students told 10News they were shocked to find out he was playing a dangerous game.

“Like everyone else, I couldn’t believe it ,” said Mariam Valenzuela. “I thought it was just a twisted joke, like who would do that?”

Valenzuela’s sister, Hazel, organized a candlelight march Wednesday night from Eastlake High to the Nuno home to comfort the family.

The students started by lighting candles and saying a prayer. From Eastlake High School, more than a hundred of them walked, carrying R.I.P. signs, bouquets of flowers and candles.

full article at link .................http://www.10news.com/news/boy-whose-throat-was-slashed-in-freak-accident-remembered

Some of the comments on the article are truly disturbing. People hiding behind a computer screen, thinking they can say what they want, never taking into account the family and friends who might read it. Couple that with the need to feel superior, and there are some really heartless people out there.

How sad for this family, the kids who witnessed it, the father who literally watched his son's life slip thru his fingers, and the emergency crew who must have felt so helpless in this situation.

This is so terribly tragic and sad. I feel so bad for his parents, friends, and others who loved him. Too bad that if he had to do this, that he didn't use a soft plastic glass and not one that could break and cut his neck. I hope this will be a lesson to other teens not to try this. If so, maybe some other lives will be saved.

BBM: agreed. But there have been other deaths from versions of the "passing out" game that did not involve glass. It's something we should be warning our children and grandchildren about.

I remember playing a version of this game as early as 1965. But--thanks to the internet I suspect--there seem to be more sophisticated (and potentially deadly) versions nowadays.

BBM: agreed. But there have been other deaths from versions of the "passing out" game that did not involve glass. It's something we should be warning our children and grandchildren about.

I remember playing a version of this game as early as 1965. But--thanks to the internet I suspect--there seem to be more sophisticated (and potentially deadly) versions nowadays.

As soon as my son saw this in our news yesterday, he talked to both of his teen sons. Of course they both thought it was dangerous, but he said don't be afraid to say 'No!' if someone tries to persuade you to play this.

Such a senseless loss. :(

JMHO
fran

As soon as my son saw this in our news yesterday, he talked to both of his teen sons. Of course they both thought it was dangerous, but he said don't be afraid to say 'No!' if someone tries to persuade you to play this.

Such a senseless loss. :(

JMHO
fran

Good for your son, Fran. I promise I'll be discussing this with my daughter as well: she has three kids ages 7 through 12.

Good for your son, Fran. I promise I'll be discussing this with my daughter as well: she has three kids ages 7 through 12.

Yep, 13 year old son who loves you tube videos. A must do for all parents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back