TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

To those praying the children are alive and safe,
the teeth could simply have been "collected by the Tooth Fairy."
Holding out hope for these babies <3

Investigators would know this, for the most part.
Baby teeth that are lost have no roots.

If a tooth with a root was pulled by a dentist there
would be a record of it.

If several teeth with roots were found it would be more ominous...
I seem to recall teeth are the last to burn?

I also wonder since children's bones are softer,
are not as dry as older folks, so would they burn slower
or faster?

Like someone else said, the dog was found so one would
hope that means the children were not in the home.
However a dog is going to react differently in a dangerous
situation than a child so... :dunno:
Deadly-Fire-Children_Desk_20120926152849_640_480.jpg
http://www.kxan.com/dpps/news/national/2-tenn-children-missing-not-killed-in-fire-nd12-jgr_4648222
IMO it was ARSON.
The kids were seen by neighbors at 6:30pm on Sunday...
I wonder if they saw anyone else at the home that weekend.

Sure sounds like the fire wasn't set until about 3 hours after dark..
Sunrise 6:35
Sunset 18:39
http://www.happyzebra.com/timezones-worldclock/sunrisesunset.php?city=Nashville
Praying for these children!

I wonder if the Groene house had been burned like this one... how long would it have taken to determine that they had been abducted?
Scary thought...

I live less then 20 miles from this travesty. From day one, I have had flash backs from when Dylan and Shasta where abducted. I pray to God this isn't the case!

I wonder if the Groene house had been burned like this one... how long would it have taken to determine that they had been abducted?
Scary thought...

It's likely they would've been presumed dead. And the perv would still be walking free. Maybe he'd still have Shasta; maybe she'd be dead now at his hands.

Initially, I had thought about Chloie and Gage being kidnapped by family members who wanted custody of them. LE seems confident family members don't have the children. It would be very difficult for anyone to hide the children for long ... unless it's a situation like the Groene murder and kidnapping. I certainly hope not. :(

But, at what point do investigators decide one way or the other if there's no definitive evidence? :waitasec:

Is there anyway this family could have been targeted like the Groene's?
Is the home visible from any main roads that someone could have seen the kids from?
Not finding them in the fire just seems very odd...

Is there anyway this family could have been targeted like the Groene's?
Is the home visible from any main roads that someone could have seen the kids from?
Not finding them in the fire just seems very odd...

I posted a map of their home on the first page (post # 24). It looks like a rural area and the house is set back off the road. If someone followed them home from somewhere, they could be easily seen. I suppose someone driving down Kingdom Rd., who just happened to be an SO, might accidentally turn down their drive when looking for Haunt Hollow Rd. Maybe he stopped at the house to get directions?

The TBI said they're working on a lot of leads in the case, but that has not yielded any results. All of the interviews they've conducted indicate the two missing children were actually in the house at the time of the fire.

But, state bomb and arson investigators had said Wednesday that the children were not victims of the fire and their whereabouts remain unknown at this time.

"They feel like they don't have solid evidence right now to assume that these children were in the fire," TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said Wednesday.

Search crews on Friday found what they thought was a tooth but said it is not enough to close the case.

Officials also said they found at least 20 propane tanks in the basement of the house, which probably made the fire much worse. While they do not suspect arson, they said they may never know what started the fire in the first place.
http://www.wsmv.com/story/19645959/crews-now-searching-for-children-1st-thought-dead

20 propane tanks in the basement???

Very strange case. There are so many possible scenarios .... I hope LE can put it all together, but quite frankly TN is fast building a not so good reputation in the missing persons area. IMO It's very frustrating...and a sad feeling comes over me everytime there is new case there.

I don't know if the fire would have totally destroyed the hard drive if they had a computer...probably so. Anyone have the thought the children may have started the fire intentionally? What if they had been communicating on line with someone who was a truly demented predator? Kids can be so easily manipulated by people online these days. God's speed to LE and hoping this case will be resolved. Praying the children are safe if they are out there.

I hate to say it but when I see "TBI" I cringe. Don't like em.

Thank yall for posting this. This is going on right down the road from where I am & we just heard about it last night. The amber alert went out here last night with no pictures & no description, thank you also for posting these so we know who to actually be on the look out for

summerthyme how is the family holding up? How are you?
Still praying..

Has it really been that cold for heat up there? country folk in Tn are usually pretty hardy, at least mine are.
Can you tell if the house had a garage or exterior doors leading into it?
It hasn't been cold enough for heaters here (this is only about 30 minutes from where I live) It has been warm enough during the day that the inside doesn't get very cold at night

This is awful.

Does anyone know when the autopsy results are set to come back?

Several local law enforcement experts have said they believe the children died in the fire and the lack of remains is due to extreme heat. The basement of the Leon "Bubba" and Molly McClaran home contained over 30 propane gas tanks used on outdoor grills, authorities said.

Snipped: http://www.t-g.com/story/1899069.html

If this is the case, then I wonder if the children were very close to the source of the fire origin, such as playing with matches near the tanks, etc. (Have they said how the fire started yet?). Otherwise, my gut instinct is that there would be some sort of remains, but I'm sure the experts know better.

The Amber Alert, though, makes one think that LE isn't so sure they died in that fire. Amber Alerts usually mean they are certain a child has been abducted. I guess local LE has their own expert(s) that are helping them sort through it.

This is just tragic all the way around. The parents don't know whether to grieve or search. :(

If this is the case, then I wonder if the children were very close to the source of the fire origin, such as playing with matches near the tanks, etc. (Have they said how the fire started yet?). Otherwise, my gut instinct is that there would be some sort of remains, but I'm sure the experts know better.

The Amber Alert, though, makes one think that LE isn't so sure they died in that fire. Amber Alerts usually mean they are certain a child has been abducted. I guess local LE has their own expert(s) that are helping them sort through it.

This is just tragic all the way around. The parents don't know whether to grieve or search. :(

BBM When I read about the 20 propane tanks, I wondered the same thing. That explains the intensity of the fire. If the children were in the basement and accidentally started the fire near the tanks, then the grandparents may have died when they rushed into the basement and tried desperately to rescue the children. By then, the basement was probably engulfed in flames.

I hope forensics will determine whether the children perished in the fire. It's terrible not knowing either way! I hate to think Chloie and Gage could been in the hands of some deranged SO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back